Israeli protesters smash bank windows

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
.Israeli protesters smash bank windows, block roads - Yahoo! News

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Scores of demonstrators clashed with police, smashed bank windows and blocked roads in Israel's commercial capital Tel Aviv overnight during a protest against the arrest of an activist.

Police said they detained 85 people at the rally, the latest sign of a nationwide protest movement demanding social reforms and affordable housing.

People at the rally said they were angered after a protest leader said she had been injured while being taken into custody at a demonstration in Tel Aviv on Friday.

Hundreds of people gathered in the city late on Saturday and parts of the crowd clashed with police into the early hours of Sunday morning, live television footage showed.

"Over 1,500 people demonstrated at various places in Tel Aviv until a point where the protests turned violent and there were disturbances. They blocked roads and smashed windows at five banks and until 3 a.m. (00:00 GMT), 85 people were arrested," police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said.

Last summer, hundreds of thousands of protesters took to the streets and tent cities mushroomed across the country in an unprecedented campaign for economic and social reform that caught the government by surprise.

The led Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to form a panel chaired by economist Manuel Trajtenberg which recommended raising welfare spending and lowering defense expenditure. Activists say the reforms have not gone far enough.

(

LMAO! You are so funny Pbel. Hey uh, how many people are rioting & massacring each other in Egypt & Syria? Ya'll come back now, ya hear? 'Atta boy!

.Israeli protesters smash bank windows, block roads - Yahoo! News

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Scores of demonstrators clashed with police, smashed bank windows and blocked roads in Israel's commercial capital Tel Aviv overnight during a protest against the arrest of an activist.

Police said they detained 85 people at the rally, the latest sign of a nationwide protest movement demanding social reforms and affordable housing.

People at the rally said they were angered after a protest leader said she had been injured while being taken into custody at a demonstration in Tel Aviv on Friday.

Hundreds of people gathered in the city late on Saturday and parts of the crowd clashed with police into the early hours of Sunday morning, live television footage showed.

"Over 1,500 people demonstrated at various places in Tel Aviv until a point where the protests turned violent and there were disturbances. They blocked roads and smashed windows at five banks and until 3 a.m. (00:00 GMT), 85 people were arrested," police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said.

Last summer, hundreds of thousands of protesters took to the streets and tent cities mushroomed across the country in an unprecedented campaign for economic and social reform that caught the government by surprise.

The led Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to form a panel chaired by economist Manuel Trajtenberg which recommended raising welfare spending and lowering defense expenditure. Activists say the reforms have not gone far enough.

(

Scores of demonstrators clashed with police, smashed bank windows and blocked roads in Israel's commercial capital Tel Aviv overnight during a protest against the arrest of an activist.
And the significance of it is, exactly, what?

Right on. LONG LIVE THE ARAB SPRING!

The more these terrorists kill each other off the better for the world.

Nice Jingoism MJ...Right Wing ZioNazis like you have no regard for the lives of Goyim, its the right wing fanatical racism of your mentor Rabbi Kahane, who like you wanted to deport non-Jews out of Israel...

When the dust settles after Islamists take over Syria and Jordan, Israel will shiver with the heat that will bear on her!

Last edited:

Nice Jingoism MJ...Right Wing ZioNazis like you have no regard for the lives of Goyim, its the right wing fanatical racism of your mentor Rabbi Kahane, who like you wanted to deport non-Jews out of Israel...

When the dust settles after Islamists take over Syria and Jordan, Israel will shiver with the heat that will bear on her!

The type of violent islam is no better then Kahane.

Well I dunno about Kahane but history sure has proven king Hussein knew how to establish peace from the Palestinian terrorists. Don't you agree Pbel? Whatever it takes, LET THERE BE PEACE ALREADY!

The type of violent islam is no better then Kahane.

The protested crossed the line this time, there is no reason why they should disturb the public and putting it at risk. The Police was right arresting them.

That is what happens when the government didn't get the message last time.

wishful thinking, terrorist supporter.

The protested crossed the line this time, there is no reason why they should disturb the public and putting it at risk. The Police was right arresting them.

The message will not be heard once it being conveyed by violence.

I myself took place in the last summer's protests, because I believed it served justice and the cries were of distress and honesty.

But the events that took place few days ago were not protests worth listening, those were hooligans calling for anarchy and destruction. Those protesters don't speak for me or my people, Israelis all over the country condemned them.

I myself took place in the last summer's protests, because I believed it served justice and the cries were of distress and honesty.

But the events that took place few days ago were not protests worth listening, those were hooligans calling for anarchy and destruction. Those protesters don't speak for me or my people, Israelis all over the country condemned them.

OK, but it looked like the same demand as last time.

Any progress on those?

Any progress on those?

Perhaps the begining of an Israeli Spring...

Any progress on those?

At some places, yes, at some places no. But the corruption that is in discussion is a governmental corruption of decades. Only fools could expect them to be fixed in a year.

Any progress on those?

Perhaps the begining of an Israeli Spring...

One cannot compare the Arab spring to the happenings here. The Holigans that did the violence act simply want to bring down the government. We all think that this government is corrupted and need drastic changes, just like the previous one did. But fact stays, Jerusalem is not cairo, Bibi is not Mubarak, or Assad, he was VOTED FOR by hundreds of thousands of Israelis. trying to bring him down is going against the people.

Protest in order to bring change are good and welcomed, protest in order to bring down a government which was elected by the PEOPLE, is pure vandalism, and is seriously crossing a red line.

Any progress on those?

At some places, yes, at some places no. But the corruption that is in discussion is a governmental corruption of decades. Only fools could expect them to be fixed in a year.

If Israel is like the US only the corrupt can get elected. The honest people get no corporate money or positive face time in the corporate media.

Forum List

Back