Israeli movies appearing on Netflix. They want us to LIKE the IDF

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Two Israeli movies have recently appeared on Netflix. I watched both.

The first movie was "Zero Motivation." It portrayed female soliders on a remote desert post, working in the Administration Department. The entire movie was physical humor on the same level as the Three Stooges or Charlie Chaplin. It portrayed an Administration Department that was a total disaster doing its job.

However, one female character, was careful to inform us that the combat departments of the IDF were the best. And the men who worked in combat were not portrayed as buffoons like the women (though one of them was portayed as a potential rapist).

The movie was very funny, and I thought, even though it showed IDF women soldiers as buffoons, it was still a good propaganda movie because it made us like the characters..

The other movie was Under the Helmet, which was more straightforward propaganda. This movie followed six young men in training, which takes eight months in the IDF.

The training is not just physical, it is mental as well. The IDF wants these young men to care about Israel, so they teach them Israeli values and history. And that's not unusual, every army does that.

The movie stopped after training was over. They did not let us see actual combat involving these young men. So they were smiling with big grins at graduation, because they had no idea what was going to happen next: killing people to defend Israel.

I liked both movies, but I'm pro-Israel already, so I don't need convincing.

I invite you all to see these movies and tell me what you think.

Please don't bother with the normal stupid comments if you're not willing to watch the movies.

I liked Zero Motivation. I didn't think the humor was at all physical. And there were some sad spots, like the girl who committed suicide because her lover dumped her in the most cruel way possible.
The Girl who wasted to go to Tel Aviv was very funny. The girl who spent her days playing Minesweeper was funny and sad both. What she did to the officer was just plain mean. though the officer deserved it.
I really liked "Fish out of Water," though it was too short. It covers the problems new immigrants face, and the friction between Haredim and secular. And it was a nice love story. She is a haredi sabra who works in an ulpan, he is a widowed secular jew who left Argentina who immigrated because of school issues for his daughter. She was getting heat because he they are jewish. It wasvery nice.
I might check out Under the Helmet.
I have to admit I prefer Korean Soaps to Israeli movies.

Israel is the most hated nation on Earth, partly because it is a Western intrusion on territory they only recently acquired, and particularly because it's a Jewish state, and Jews are the most hated people in the world.

The movies are good, because they allow the world to see the Israelis as real people.

Shakespeare said it best:

To bait fish withal; If it will feed nothing else, it will feed my revenge.
He hath disgraced me and hindered me half a million
Laughed at my losses, mocked at my gains,
Scorned my nation, Thwarted my bargains,
And what's his reason? I am a Jew!
Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs,
dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with
the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject
to the same diseases, healed by the same means,
warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer
as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed?
If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us,
do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that.
If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility?
Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his
sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge.
The villainy you teach me, I will execute,
and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

The Merchant of Venice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are just typical zionazi propaganda tripe. ...... :cool:

Like your typical islamomoron oxymorons tripe do you mean.

Can you explain how you can support the Jews rights to live in peace on their home land while wanting to see the whole of the worlds Jews wiped out ?
All the other islamomorons have refused to answer this simple question showing that they are just parrots, will you be another polly ?

There are plenty of movies based on IDF, some based on real events and some are fictional, some are also based over the Mossad and Shin Bet here is a short list;
1.Beaufort
2.Waltz with Bashir
3.Kippur
4.M.K 22 (TVs series)
5.Munich

The Israeli movies industry is not much of flourishing but once in a while we get to see some excellent movies, unfortunately most of the movies involve political twists and agendas..

There are plenty of movies based on IDF, some based on real events and some are fictional, some are also based over the Mossad and Shin Bet here is a short list;
1.Beaufort
2.Waltz with Bashir
3.Kippur
4.M.K 22 (TVs series)
5.Munich

The Israeli movies industry is not much of flourishing but once in a while we get to see some excellent movies, unfortunately most of the movies involve political twists and agendas..

The best Israeli movie is the musical Kazablan, starring Yehoram Gaon, IMO. "Rosa, Rosa, Rosa, Rosa..."

They are just typical zionazi propaganda tripe. ...... :cool:

Agreed.

I use Netflix, mostly because the Networks and Radio are even worse. lol

Did you know that the minority population of Jews and Native Americans is roughly equivalent? Yet, daily in my media I am bombarded with ten times as much Jewish culture and shit about Israel than I am a about the people that have claims to the land that I live on.

I know more about Jewish traditions and culture than the very people that I meet and talk to all the time near the Reservation. It's pitiful.

So, I see all those documentaries and the crap that comes up in movies, like as the Jew references, I sure as hell don't go out of my way to watch propaganda targeted to brainwash me to boot.

I once started watching the documentary, Constantine's Sword. Oh boy. . . . I thought it was going to have some good info on the Councils of Nicaea and the Nag Hammadi. . . Nope, just more Jew propaganda. I had to shut that shit off.

But yeah, Netflix, if used the wrong way can heavily influence and be used to get minds biased thinking a certain ways, just like MSM does. It's just all media in general is that way. It has to do with most of who is in industry and who are the producers.

Now, this should be an interesting Jewish production. . .

If this comes to Netflix, I'll take a gander at this one. :cool-45: (I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to be available though. :eusa_eh:)

Who Censored the Six-Day War?
A splashy new documentary promises to expose the Israeli military’s censorship of atrocities committed in the 1967 war. What it exposes is its creators’ agenda.
Who Censored the Six-Day War?

Why, then, did he give that access to Loushy, a recent film graduate with only one earlier production to her name, and a person no less eager to uncover still more gaps? Loushy attributes it to personal chemistry:

I started chasing after him and at first he didn’t answer my calls. Finally I went to a lecture that he gave. Immediately he told me, “OK, come to my kibbutz.” From the first moment we met, there was something there. I don’t know how but he believed in me and we started this amazing journey together.

This is all very cinematic: the wizened old guru impulsively yields to the importunities of an eager young acolyte, and grants her unconditional access to his locked treasure chest of secrets. Perhaps it’s true. Yet Loushy, who desperately needed Shapira’s cooperation to make her movie, was evidently prepared to do something today that Alon Gan, in a supervised and refereed Ph.D. dissertation, could never have done in 2003: absolve Shapira of any blame for self-censoring the book.

Did Shapira suggest this to her? Was it her idea? Whatever the precise origins of the claim of a “brutal” 70-percent official censorship, it conveniently lifted the stigma from Shapira. (“Yes, there was censorship,” he has said in a new interview, “and it wasn’t by us.”) It also conferred on Loushy’s “scoop” the strong whiff of scandal that attends to official cover-ups. Israel’s soldiers not only committed crimes, but Israel’s military censor then tried to conceal them. State censorship of atrocity stories can be read as a de-facto admission of their veracity.

1.Beaufort
2.Waltz with Bashir
3.Kippur
4.M.K 22 (TVs series)
5.Munich

Waltz with Bashir is an awful movie. Even the advanced animation couldn't sugarcoat that.

You forgot to put "שתיקת הצופרים", "Silence of the Sirens" on the list. I personally think this one was better than all you listed:)

Israel is the most hated nation on Earth, partly because it is a Western intrusion on territory they only recently acquired, and particularly because it's a Jewish state, and Jews are the most hated people in the world.

The movies are good, because they allow the world to see the Israelis as real people.

Shakespeare said it best:

To bait fish withal; If it will feed nothing else, it will feed my revenge.
He hath disgraced me and hindered me half a million
Laughed at my losses, mocked at my gains,
Scorned my nation, Thwarted my bargains,
And what's his reason? I am a Jew!
Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs,
dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with
the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject
to the same diseases, healed by the same means,
warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer
as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed?
If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us,
do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that.
If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility?
Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his
sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge.
The villainy you teach me, I will execute,
and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

The Merchant of Venice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You aint the smartest knife in the kitchen, are you?

I liked that you take the Marchent of Venice as an example. It is totally a self-goal to being this up, right?

The Marchant was hated out of ignorance and for and ethnic belonging.

You feel proud to belong a sect of haters?

Forum List

Back