Israel Won’t Cooperate With UN Probe of West Bank Settlements

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
Israeli officials today reiterated their “outrage” at the United Nations Human Rights Council for deciding to probe illegal settlement activity in the occupied West Bank, adding that they would never cooperate with any probes and would bar any members of the mission from entering the territory.

The UN appointed a panel of three experts to conduct a fact-finding mission on how settlements, illegal under international law, impact the Palestinian civilians living under Israeli occupation.

Israeli official statements blasted the panel as inherently flawed, insisting that any investigation of Israel would have to be “biased” and that the UN should focus its investigations exclusively on “non-democratic countries.”

Israel had severed all ties with the human rights council months ago when the notion was initially raised. The probe is expected to focus only on the occupation’s impact on Palestinians and not its legality, since there seems to be no real question that the occupation is illegal and that the construction of settlement in occupied territory is a violation of the Geneva Conventions.
Israel Won’t Cooperate With UN Probe of West Bank Settlements -- News from Antiwar.com

Why do people blabber on and on about the settlements?

They are illegal.

Start putting people in jail.

They are illegal.

PFTinmore,

And they should take the kids away from these mentally deranged extremist Jewish settlers, moving their families into illegal settlements, whose existence constitutes war crimes, placing the lives of children in danger. I call that child abuse. When anything happens to the children, the parents are the primary parties at fault, as well as the Israeli government that allows children's lives to be placed in danger in that fashion.

Sherri

They are illegal.

PFTinmore,

And they should take the kids away from these mentally deranged extremist Jewish settlers, moving their families into illegal settlements, whose existence constitutes war crimes, placing the lives of children in danger. I call that child abuse. When anything happens to the children, the parents are the primary parties at fault, as well as the Israeli government that allows children's lives to be placed in danger in that fashion.

Sherri

The system will not allow me to give you a positive rep, so...:thup:

They are illegal.

PFTinmore,

Sherri
I wonder if Sherri would ever suggest that they take away the children of the mentally deranged Palestinian women who allow their children to watch those cartoons in which the children learn to be shaheeds and to be martyrs for Islam if they blow themselves up by taking some Jews with them.

jt2

They are illegal.

PFTinmore,

Sherri
I wonder if Sherri would ever suggest that they take away the children of the mentally deranged Palestinian women who allow their children to watch those cartoons in which the children learn to be shaheeds and to be martyrs for Islam if they blow themselves up by taking some Jews with them.

jt2

Children all over the world are taught that it is honorable to defend their country.

PFTinmore,

Sherri

jt2

Children all over the world are taught that it is honorable to defend their country.
Name one war won by suicide.

jt2

Name one war won by suicide.

Picayune!

Bombs are bombs.

Israel needs to face the fact the attacks on it are caused by their own actions.
You simply can't steal land and expect the person you stole it from to sit around on his hands.

It's going to happen.

That isn't a defence of suicide bombers or rocket attacks; just an understanding of why they happen.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Israel needs to face the fact the attacks on it are caused by their own actions.
You simply can't steal land and expect the person you stole it from to sit around on his hands.

It's going to happen.

That isn't a defence of suicide bombers or rocket attacks; just an understanding of why they happen.
Absolutely correct! Those Palisimian squatters stealing land belonging to Israel is definitely going to get some attention.

PFTinmore,

Sherri

jt2

Can you show us any other group of people, except the Muslims, who don't seem to mind their children blowing themselves up if they can take out those who are considered their enemies? We realize you hate the Jews, but if you have children, would you suggest that they blow themselves up as long as they take a few Jews with them?

jt2

Can you show us any other group of people, except the Muslims, who don't seem to mind their children blowing themselves up if they can take out those who are considered their enemies? We realize you hate the Jews, but if you have children, would you suggest that they blow themselves up as long as they take a few Jews with them?

jt2

There were children with shoe shine box bombs in Vietnam. There are child soldiers in parts of Africa.

I would never want my child to blow themself up for any reason. Nor do I believe that the vast majority of muslims would want that either.

However, desperate people will do desperate things.

They are illegal.

PFTinmore,

Sherri

Really?
You don't seem at all concerned with those pitiful "Palestinian" kids who parents spoon feed them a steady diet of hate (see: FARFOUR @ http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...gYnQBg&usg=AFQjCNFfaddS6g30LSNauH-mbnH1wv-HJw) and then celebrate when one turns him or herself into a martyr.
Evidently you reserve all your hate for the Jews.

jt2

jt2

The Palestinians stopped suicide bombing years ago.

You need to update your propaganda.

Israeli officials say a UN fact-finding mission “will not be allowed to enter” the country and its occupied territories. On Friday, the Geneva-based Human Rights Council appointed three officers to probe Israel’s West Bank settlement activity. The UN's top human rights body has commissioned three jurists to find out how Israel's West Bank settlements affect “the civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of the Palestinian people.” The body called on Tel Aviv “not to obstruct the process of cooperation.” This resonated harshly with Israel, who took no time to dub the mission “biased and flawed,” vowing not to support the officials. "The fact-finding mission will find no cooperation in Israel, and its members will not be allowed to enter Israel and the territories,” said Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor. “Its existence embodies the inherent distortion that typifies the UN Human Rights Council's treatment of Israel and the hijacking of the important human rights agenda by non-democratic countries.”
Israel slams door on UN Human Rights Council over settlement row — RT

Forum List

Back