Israel withholds Palestinian money

alexa

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2009
Scotland
Well Israel has begun and Fayyed is asking International countries to intervene so that they can get their own money.

The PA has asked the foreign powers to stop Israel from blocking the transfers, which make up 70 percent of its revenues. Senior Palestinian official Saeb Erekat said earlier Sunday that Israel, by its action, had "started a war."

Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz said he had suspended a routine handover of 300 million shekels ($88 million) in customs and other levies that Israel collects on behalf of the Palestinians under interim peace deals.

In an interview on Army Radio, Steinitz said Israel feared the money would go to fund Hamas, whose charter calls for the destruction of the Jewish state.

Israel had threatened sanctions last week in response to Abbas's surprise announcement of the unity deal with Hamas that envisages the formation of an interim government and elections later this year.

Fayyad said the PA was "in contact with all international influential forces and parties to stop Israel from taking these measures," the official Palestinian WAFA news agency reported.

Fayyad urges international intervention over Israeli freeze on Palestinian taxes - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Last edited:
9a5553ea2bd8c52046f9952fe133e283.gif

This thread is about Israel not giving the Palestinians their money. If you have a problem with Jews then please take it to Stormfront.
I have no problem with Jews. I have problems with anti-semites. They run around yelling,

So by your own admission you are an antisemite. Now if you have nothing relevant to the topic of this thread please run along and do your antisemitism somewhere else and stop trolling this thread..

This thread is about Israel not giving the Palestinians their money. If you have a problem with Jews then please take it to Stormfront.
I have no problem with Jews. I have problems with anti-semites. They run around yelling,

So by your own admission you are an antisemite. Now if you have nothing relevant to the topic of this thread please run along and do your antisemitism somewhere else and stop trolling this thread..
Untrue. Do you not see the sarcasm? Or are you being intentionally obtuse. I am charging YOU are the Anti-Semite.

You link a totally biased, antisemite "news" source in your OP, and call ME a troll? :lmao:

If you don't like my posts, report me to the Mods.

Untrue. Do you not see the sarcasm? Or are you being intentionally obtuse. I am charging YOU are the Anti-Semite.

You link a totally biased, antisemite "news" source in your OP, and call ME a troll? :lmao:

Haaretz is an Israeli Jewish paper. You do not know what you are talking about. You are playing a silly game. This is a debate forum not an insult forum. Haaretz has given information about a situation where Israel is witholding money from the Palestinians because she is not happy with the unity between Hamas and Fatah. Now if you have an argument as to why you believe it is fine and dandy for Israel to produce this give it and back it up. If you believe that Haaretz has got the facts wrong, produce other facts to counter the ones that Israel does...but when all you can do is go around screaming antisemitism because someone gives information about what Israel is doing, you show you have no argument, no integrity and really no place in any discussion.

Now it is late here and I am going to bed - and for your information I am not antisemite though the way you came on here only able to write Jooooos, I would hate to think of the kind of perverse attitude to ethnic minorities you have.

You know it is in the playground that children just shout names when they have no answer. Debate is for grown ups.

Right back to topic.

Last edited:
Poor baby, stamps his feet and unable to kick me gives a neg rep telling me to report him to a mod, poor dear. Feel better now.

Let me point out you are the person who came trolling this thread biating with nothing but unsubstantiated insults and incorrect facts. First time I have met you. Let's hope it is the last.

Last edited:

Haaretz is an Israeli Jewish paper. You do not know what you are talking about. You are playing a silly game. This is a debate forum not an insult forum. Haaretz has given information about a situation where Israel is witholding money from the Palestinians because she is not happy with the unity between Hamas and Fatah. Now if you have an argument as to why you believe it is fine and dandy for Israel to produce this give it and back it up. If you believe that Haaretz has got the facts wrong, produce other facts to counter the ones that Israel does...but when all you can do is go around screaming antisemitism because someone gives information about what Israel is doing, you show you have no argument, no integrity and really no place in any discussion.

Now it is late here and I am going to bed - and for your information I am not antisemite though the way you came on here only able to write Jooooos, I would hate to think of the kind of perverse attitude to ethnic minorities you have.

You know it is in the playground that children just shout names when they have no answer. Debate is for grown ups.

Right back to topic.

Poor baby, stamps his feet and unable to kick me gives a neg rep telling me to report him to a mod, poor dear. Feel better now.

Let me point out you are the person who came trolling this thread biating with nothing but unsubstantiated insults and incorrect facts. First time I have met you. Let's hope it is the last.
Your boo-hooing and doth protest too loudly tell me I've hit the nail right on the head. That and, your signature. Jilly is Jewish, and if she whacked you it's probably because of your antisemitic posts. And well deserved I might add.

Go change your diapers.

Right back to topic.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to alexa again."

Oh man, it's so sad to look at it. You post a link to Israel's oldest daily newspaper, it's most influential, and it's definitive newspaper of record, and he calls you an anti-Semite! And worst of all, he calls THEM anti-Semites!! Does it get any worse?! It's just brutally pathetic, but hey, what are you gonna do?

Midnight, why don't you go ahead and get a clue, and then come back:

Israel News - Haaretz Israeli News source.

Haaretz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-----

Anyway, this was to expect, of course Israel wants Fatah and Hamas to keep fighting amongst themselves, and it will likely do anything possible to keep unity from happening. For years, Israel's been basically grooming Fatah in the West Bank as a counterweight to Hamas, and in doing so has been simultaneously been able to offer bits and pieces of "sovereignty" to Fatah in return for keeping order in the West Bank while pouncing on the population of Gaza. They're entire strategy is going to be ruined if they have to deal with all the Palestinians, and they'll either have to assume that 1) Fatah will move closer to Hamas (and therefore use this as an excuse to pounce on all of Palestine) or 2) Hamas will move closer to Fatah and maybe be forced to deal with a unified Palestinian front to finally end the conflict. Of course, for now it's assuming the latter, and it can only assume, because the details of the agreement haven't been become public yet.

Either way, the real question is going to come when the Palestinian elections occur later in the year. Will Israel and Western powers accept the outcome this time? And what about the new Arab democracies, are they going to play a role, will the "Revolution" still rage across the Arab world? We'll have to see what the future holds.

That money is not a gift from Israel. That is Palestine's money.

there's no such thing as palestine.

but if they want money, tell them to get it back from suha arafat. :thup:

Arafat is fucking dead, get over it.

And hey, lemme ask you something: If I go around claiming that "there is no such thing as israel/jews," what would you call me? Just curious.

Forum List

Back