Israel willing to use military force during Gaza

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by Gunny, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2005-07-31-gaza-pullout_x.htm

This is stupid. I wouldn't give those Arabs jack shit until they started acting like members of the human race. Israel is GIVING them land so they can reestablish their pointless-ass little do-nothing Nation. In repsonse, these dipshit Arabs are STILL taking potshots at the Israelis.

If Israel honestly believes this is going to bring any kind of peace, they need to wake up. This is just giving a bunch of Arabs legitimacy and allowing them a base of operations to continue their genocidal doings.

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Israel is much like the US. We try to demonstrate why other civilized countries should back us, why we feel we are misunderstood.

We are the ones that misunderstand, those that we consider our allies, are often our enemies in sheep's clothing.

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    It may be a brilliant strategy. Israel says and has made credible plans to leave Gaza IF the new Palastinian leadership can control the Arab radicals. It also knows full well that the Palestinian leadership is not well enough equipped
    to fulfill it's side of the agreement as evidenced by Peres' statement. If or more likely when the Israelis come under fire---end of agreement and massive counter measures to attack terror nests in Gaza. Israel will always "OWN" Gaza and will never allow terror to live there with any false impression of safety.

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    It will be interesting to see how it plays out. On the surface anyway, it appears Israel is succumbing to international political pressure.

Was it my decision, I wouldn't give up a damned thing. By surrendering the land and borders being established, Palestine will be a legitimate nation. Want to take bets they go crying to the UN first time the Israeli's come in and wax some terrorist butt?

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I might be reading history wrong, but Israel to my way of understanding hasn't a history of these kind of mistakes. If the Palis are able to somehow breach the gaps in wall, security; Israel will address the problem.

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    You could very-well be right; however, consider this:

The generations that had to fight for their very existence are dying off. When they were in control, there was no screwing around. They lit up even potential threats.

While subsequent generations DO live with terrorism, they are not Holocaust survivors, nor survivors of Israel's early struggles to remain in existence. What they know they read from books. IMO, they appear to be more into appeasement these days.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yes and no. Sorry, can't be helped. Terror has hit Israel in ways not seen here even after 9/11, Madrid, and UK bombings. It's an everyday occurance. Don't have to go back 60 years.

Truth is, the new generation faces, and I think they know so, more immediate threats than in the past.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    The UN ?? :rotflmao:

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I didn't say anything was going to happen. The UN and actual forward motion are opposing concepts.

10. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Thread cleaned - keep things on-topic please.