Israel want two German war ships (Worth $750 million) - Free of Charge

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Israel interested in two German war ships | Europe | Deutsche Welle | 23.10.2009

Israel would like the two warships, worth an estimated 400-500 million euros ($600-750 million), free of charge, the German daily Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung said on Friday, citing government sources.

The ships might be supplied by Hamburg's Blohm + Voss shipyard who confirmed an Israeli enquiry to German media without divulging any further details on the potential deal. The ships' weapons would be supplied by the United States.

How nice of Germany to be asked to give it for free.

So many things to say this to article. However, my question is, what do you think is worth $650 Million in return if you were going to give away two warships?

Last edited:
Israel interested in two German war ships | Europe | Deutsche Welle | 23.10.2009

Israel would like the two warships, worth an estimated 400-500 million euros ($600-750 million), free of charge, the German daily Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung said on Friday, citing government sources.

The ships might be supplied by Hamburg's Blohm + Voss shipyard who confirmed an Israeli enquiry to German media without divulging any further details on the potential deal. The ships' weapons would be supplied by the United States.

How nice of Germany to be told to give it for free.

Obviously if they say no they are Anti-Semites and want to see dead Jews floating in the sea. :eusa_whistle:

They're not being "told". And I'm pretty sure that they will still probably be paid. Just not in dollars or Euro's.

They're not being "told". And I'm pretty sure that they will still probably be paid. Just not in dollars or Euro's.

I made the correction, Germany is being asked. However, how would Israel pay Germany? There is seemingly nothing that Israel has that Germany could want other than money.

I made the correction, Germany is being asked. However, how would Israel pay Germany? There is seemingly nothing that Israel has that Germany could want other than money.

Intelligence.

$650M in intelligence? Without having to expend resources to obtain it? Worth its weight in gold.

Intelligence.

$650M in intelligence? Without having to expend resources to obtain it? Worth its weight in gold.

Not exactly sure what kind of information out there is worth $650M that Israel knows but Germany doesn't know. Short of the Formula for Cola-Cola or Immortality, I just don't see any information being worth $650M.

Last edited:
Intelligence.

Not exactly sure what kind of information out there is worth $650M that Israel knows but Germany doesn't know. Short of the Formula for Cola-Cola or Immortality, I just don't see any information being worth $650M.

So possibly you don't know something that one of the worlds preeminent intelligence agencies does. And you're surprised?

I don't think the internal logic of your statement holds up to well Dogbert.

So possibly you don't know something that one of the worlds preeminent intelligence agencies does. And you're surprised?

I don't think the internal logic of your statement holds up to well Dogbert.

That's not my point at all. Yes, Israel has one of the best intelligence agencies in the world. I'm sure that Germany's intelligence agency is nothing to slouch at however. Especially since other agencies share information with one another. However, what kind of information do YOU believe would be worth $650M that Germany doesn't know?

Personally, I could care less if Germany did give them the ships. What I'm wondering is how much the weapons for the ships would be since we're footing the bill.

Last edited:
I dunno. I'm not in either the German or Israeli intelligence services.

But you are part of MI6. :eusa_shhh: :eusa_think:

It could also be not about one piece of information, but an ongoing exchange of information relating to a particular subject.

Such as:

Israel: Hey Germany, nice warships you build there. How 'bout if I share everything with you pertaining to China for the next year, you throw 2 my way.

Germany: OK.

I don't know. But all I am saying is that even though Israel may not be paying money for them, I'd be willing to bet that they are paying for them in other ways.

It could also be not about one piece of information, but an ongoing exchange of information relating to a particular subject.

Such as:

Israel: Hey Germany, nice warships you build there. How 'bout if I share everything with you pertaining to China for the next year, you throw 2 my way.

I don't know. But all I am saying is that even though Israel may not be paying money for them, I'd be willing to bet that they are paying for them in other ways.

:lol: I'm sure Israel is giving them something. Whether that something would be of equal value, I dunno.

Such as:

:lol: I'm sure Israel is giving them something. Whether that something would be of equal value, I dunno.

The only people who can determine that is the Germans.

Such as:

The only people who can determine that is the Germans.

The article basically says nothing other than Israel has expressed an interest in acquiring the two ships. I wouldn't expect all the details to come out. But Germany has a lot of interests in the Middle East and they wouldn't sell/give away the ships without something in return. Germany remains Israel's second largest trading partner and relations between the countries are quite good.
Why this is posted by some two-bit anti-semite wannabe kid is beyond me.

Forum List

Back