Israel urges allies to curb criticism of Mubarak

I never understood why its the poor that do this, the rich Arab families have like 1 or 2 kids and thats it, poor Arab families have 7 or 8.

In areas where the life expectancy is low and the enjoyment ratio is even lower, what else do these poor people have for fun?

Seriously?

I never understood why its the poor that do this, the rich Arab families have like 1 or 2 kids and thats it, poor Arab families have 7 or 8.

In areas where the life expectancy is low and the enjoyment ratio is even lower, what else do these poor people have for fun?

Seriously?

Yes but why bring another person into this world when all you can offer them is misery, dispair and no future?

Its because they have way too many children than they can afford to care for, and its always the poor people doing this. Somalian families have a crap load of kids but no money, I never understood why its the poor that do this, the rich Arab families have like 1 or 2 kids and thats it, poor Arab families have 7 or 8.
It's traditional to have many children as many die, and they need children to look after the parents in old age

Its because they have way too many children than they can afford to care for, and its always the poor people doing this. Somalian families have a crap load of kids but no money, I never understood why its the poor that do this, the rich Arab families have like 1 or 2 kids and thats it, poor Arab families have 7 or 8.
It's traditional to have many children as many die, and they need children to look after the parents in old age

I can understand that part but if there is no future and misery in the country like Yemen and Somalia, why subject your children to that?

I can understand that part but if there is no future and misery in the country like Yemen and Somalia, why subject your children to that?

Coz that's where they live an thats what they got, what future you'all got in America? to maybe see your kids on milk cartons?

Coz that's where they live an thats what they got, what future you'all got in America? to maybe see your kids on milk cartons?

What the fuck? kids in America have a much better future than the ones in Somalia and Yemen, please stop with that.

China rolled tanks over protesters and Obama gives them praise.

So why change now?

Wasn't the president then GWH Bush?

(That was the year I quit buying firecrackers and fireworks made in China to celebrate the 4th of July. Now it's hard to buy anything not made in China.)

Israel has told its diplomats in the United States, Europe and elsewhere to encourage their host nations to support the regime of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak (...)
Report: Israel seeks support for Mubarak - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

Here's what we should tell our diplomats and Israel

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

So much for the 'American Century'.
Everywhere on the retreat.

Good. It's high time we put an end to the interventionist policies of the past 100+ years. Downsize the military to a force necessary to protect our territory and the high seas.

I don't understand why this was turned into "your children". :doubt:

We are talking apples and oranges but they're still both called fruit. It doesn't matter how much power they have. They're still both equally wrong.

America backs regimes that they don't exactly agree with but aren't hostile to them. It's better to be friends with an asshole then it is to be his enemy. But it doesn't help to totally ignore their human rights violations while making deals to bring them trillions of dollars in trade and technology.

The problem with Obama is the world holds him in contempt because of several factors. The fact that he says one thing in public and another behind closed doors. He's turned his back on long-time allies while befriending long-time enemies. They figure he's a thug that is too weak to hold onto power because of the last elec. tion.

No, we aren't talking about apples and oranges.
You talk about Obama, I talk about Egyptian people's self-rule.
Israel has been totally isolated in the region and the issue is about furthering democracy in Arab world's most populous nation or continuing to support a dictator who delivers continuity on the Israelian-Egyptian border, which also effects the Gaza issue, at the cost of self-determination of the Egyptians.
And u supposed the Chinese people have a say?

WTF have u been smoking?

What had helped Turkey is the constructive engagement of international actors who did not refrain from criticizing the Turkish state about its shortcomings and kept reminding the state of what Ankara should have done to solidify the fragile democracy that has seen four coups since 1960.
For example, the benchmarks demanded by the European Union membership process and the blizzard of criticism from the Council of Europe contributed to the democratization process in Turkey.
(...)
Whereas economic growth in Egypt failed to lift disenfranchised groups out of isolation, the opposite happened in Turkey mainly because a critical education infrastructure contributed positively to the development of new social, political and economic groups outside the scope of a traditional elite who ruled the country for years.
An intelligent challenge eventually forced the establishment to adapt itself to the new set of rules that espoused transparency, accountability and good governance.

While the reform saga still goes on in Turkey with still more on the way to change the antiquated relics of the establishment, our heart definitely goes out to Egypt, a key country in the Middle East.
I just hope and pray the transformation will go smoothly and without any violence.
Turkey seems more than willing to pick up where it left off to boost relations with the future Egyptian government with a renewed mandate and true legitimacy from the public.

Reform and outsiders: looking at Egypt from Turkey

The Tunisians and Egyptians couldn't send their governments into oblivion.
Always the same blood.
At the same time, none of World powers criticized the dictators and let them do whatever they wanted for the sake of geo-political stability.

Put yourself in the place of a middle class, educated Egyptian or Tunisian.
And then take a look at yourself and Turkey.
What would you think?
Especially watching Turkish television series in recent years showing the difference more clearly, wouldn’t that make you upset with your dictator?

“The Turks are Muslims and so are we…” Wouldn’t you say, “How come they can live in a democratic system, elect whomever they want, replace the one they don’t like, and we can’t?”
Wouldn’t you say, “How come an important part of Turkish society can get rid of poverty and the other part become rich when we can’t?”

When no answers were forthcoming, wouldn’t you revolt against a dictator who had been in power for 30 years, asking “What do we lack?”
That’s what happened in Egypt and Tunisia.

Look around and then look at us - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

The Tunisians and Egyptians couldn't send their governments into oblivion.
Always the same blood.
At the same time, none of World powers criticized the dictators and let them do whatever they wanted for the sake of geo-political stability.

Put yourself in the place of a middle class, educated Egyptian or Tunisian.
And then take a look at yourself and Turkey.
What would you think?
Especially watching Turkish television series in recent years showing the difference more clearly, wouldn’t that make you upset with your dictator?

“The Turks are Muslims and so are we…” Wouldn’t you say, “How come they can live in a democratic system, elect whomever they want, replace the one they don’t like, and we can’t?”
Wouldn’t you say, “How come an important part of Turkish society can get rid of poverty and the other part become rich when we can’t?”

When no answers were forthcoming, wouldn’t you revolt against a dictator who had been in power for 30 years, asking “What do we lack?”
That’s what happened in Egypt and Tunisia.

Look around and then look at us - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

You have a gift for meaningless drivel.

No offense.

Me thinks you're a plant.

CAIRO, (PIC)-- Informed Israeli sources said that Israel offered Egyptian intelligence director Omar Suleiman its readiness to help Egypt and carry out operations to quell the people's revolution and demanded him to prevent the alleged arms smuggling into the Gaza Strip.

Quds Press quoted the sources as affirming that Israeli premier Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday during a phone call with Suleiman, who was sworn in as vice president a couple of days ago, expressed his fears over the situation in Egypt and offered him intelligence and security services to end the protests.

Israel offers Egypt services to control popular uprising

You have a gift for meaningless drivel.

No offense.

Me thinks you're a plant.

Once Mubarrak has been ousted, the Egyptians will ask 'what next?'.
It's not easy to implement an inclusive democratic system, where every part of society is represented.

That's when we come into play.
We'll assist every friendly Muslim nation in the democratization process.
And it's not only the dictator they kick out of the country, but also the imposed US-System, which is a continuation of the post-WW1 system as a sub-contractor of Oil, Inc.

30074950.jpg

As a foreign country, lecturing is no option.
But, the Egypt system has failed.
It will have to be replaced by a system, that ensures civil-society participation in the system, and which delivers stability and economic growth.

Besides that, I fully support these revolts because there will come systems and governments into power that share a lot with the system in place in Turkey.

Forum List

Back