Israel , U.S., and suffering

I find it a bit odd that after this post, everyone stopped discussing.

Well the post was wordy and tedious and, unless actually read, just seemed to be drawing another Nazi comparison to modern events etc.

I stopped reading after the first sentence: "Hatred is what allowed the Nazis to thrive, survive, and drive across the continent, killing with impunity." because I think that is an absolutely flawed thesis.

Hatred is not what allowed it.

Hope is what brought Hitler to power in the first place. Grand oratory coupled with grandiose promises and clever demonization of existing policies and government. He dazzled them with visions of prosperity, grandeur, and glory and they didn't worry about how he might accomplish all that.

Ambition is what drove Hitler across the continent. His goal was to be god and supreme dictator over as much of the world as he could bring to bow before him, restoration of the Aryan race as a pure and unconquerable force, and he apparently had no conscience about how that would be accomplished.

Apathy is what allowed Hitler to be as successful as he was. Let the idiot have this little country or let him get away with that, and maybe he'll be happy and leave others alone. Anyway it was none of anybody else's business. A self-serving reluctance to risk blood and treasure to stare down a tyrant doomed many millions of people to fates worse than mere death.

But there are those who fail to learn from history.

Forum List

Back