Israel Superior To Entire Islamic World

JStone

Rookie
Jun 29, 2011
Israel, the size of Vermont with a population of 5 million Jews, has produced an impressive 6 Nobel Prize Laureates for significant advances in science and economics.

Number of Nobel Laureates in science and economics produced by 60 Islamic entities and 1.5 BILLION Muslimes: Zero

Israeli Dan Schechtman won the 2011 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for discovering quasicrystals, a material in which atoms were packed together in a well-defined pattern that never repeats.http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/06/science/06nobel.html?_r=1
The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2011 - Press Release
Announcement of the 2011 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Media Player at Nobelprize.org

Israeli Ada Yonath, Director of the Helen and Milton A. Kimmelman Center for Biomolecular Structure and Assembly of the Weizmann Institute of Science has won a Nobel Prize for chemistry for her pioneering research on the structure and function of the ribosome, becoming the first woman in the Middle East to win a Nobel Prize in the sciences.
The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2009

Israeli Robert Aumann, a member of the United States National Academy of Sciences and a professor at the Center for the Study of Rationality at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem received the Nobel Prize in Economics for his work on conflict and cooperation through game-theory analysis.
The Prize in Economics 2005 - Press Release

Israeli scientist Aaron Ciechanover, a member of the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities, the Pontifical Academy of Sciences and is a foreign associate of the US National Academy of Sciences, won a Nobel Prize in chemistry for his discovery of ubiquitin-mediated protein degradation. The ubiquitin-proteasome pathway has a critical role in maintaining the homeostasis of cells and is believed to be involved in the development and progression of diseases such as: cancer, muscular and neurological diseases, immune and inflammatory responsesThe Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2004

Israeli Avram Hershko, Distinguished Professor at the Rappaport Faculty of Medicine at the Technion University in Haifa also received a Nobel Prize in chemistry for his role in the discovery of ubiquitin-,mediated protein degradation.
The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2004

Daniel Kahneman, an Israeli psychologist, won a Nobel Prize for his notable work on the psychology of judgment and decision-making, behavioral economics and hedonic psychology. Kahneman established a cognitive basis for common human errors using heuristics and biases and developed prospect theory.
The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2002

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Banned
Warren Buffett
If you go to the Middle East looking for oil, you don't need to stop in Israel. But, if you're looking for brains, for energy, for integrity, for imagination, it's the only stop you need to make

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbX60Pktzsk]Warren Buffet on Israel - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Israel, the size of Vermont with a population of 5 million Jews, has produced an impressive 6 Nobel Prize Laureates for significant advances in science and economics.

Number of Nobel Laureates in science and economics produced by 60 Islamic entities and 1.5 BILLION Muslimes: Zero

Israeli Dan Schechtman won the 2011 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for discovering quasicrystals, a material in which atoms were packed together in a well-defined pattern that never repeats.http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/06/science/06nobel.html?_r=1
The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2011 - Press Release
Announcement of the 2011 Nobel Prize in Chemistry - Media Player at Nobelprize.org

Israeli Ada Yonath, Director of the Helen and Milton A. Kimmelman Center for Biomolecular Structure and Assembly of the Weizmann Institute of Science has won a Nobel Prize for chemistry for her pioneering research on the structure and function of the ribosome, becoming the first woman in the Middle East to win a Nobel Prize in the sciences.
The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2009

Israeli Robert Aumann, a member of the United States National Academy of Sciences and a professor at the Center for the Study of Rationality at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem received the Nobel Prize in Economics for his work on conflict and cooperation through game-theory analysis.
The Prize in Economics 2005 - Press Release

Israeli scientist Aaron Ciechanover, a member of the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities, the Pontifical Academy of Sciences and is a foreign associate of the US National Academy of Sciences, won a Nobel Prize in chemistry for his discovery of ubiquitin-mediated protein degradation. The ubiquitin-proteasome pathway has a critical role in maintaining the homeostasis of cells and is believed to be involved in the development and progression of diseases such as: cancer, muscular and neurological diseases, immune and inflammatory responsesThe Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2004

Israeli Avram Hershko, Distinguished Professor at the Rappaport Faculty of Medicine at the Technion University in Haifa also received a Nobel Prize in chemistry for his role in the discovery of ubiquitin-,mediated protein degradation.
The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2004

Daniel Kahneman, an Israeli psychologist, won a Nobel Prize for his notable work on the psychology of judgment and decision-making, behavioral economics and hedonic psychology. Kahneman established a cognitive basis for common human errors using heuristics and biases and developed prospect theory.
The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2002
One could debate the fact that the Nobel Committee is basically oriented towards Western Civilization, this is shown by the fact that the overwhelming number of prizes have gone to Westerners. Also you might recognize that science really only flourishes in affluent societies Or one could bring up the fact that at this time in history the Western World is in a stage of enlightenment while the Islamic World is going through its dark ages. The Islamic world during its Golden Age led the world in many of the scientific fields and some of the remaining examples of it's engineering are still wonders of the world. An example of the architecture is the Taj Mahal and for scientific achievement I invite you to goggle the name Alhazen.

Aside from that the above quote is not completely accurate;

From Wiki;

Physics

Abdus Salam – Pakistani physicist (1979). He is the first and only Pakistani to receive the award. He is also the first Muslim scientist and only physicist to be awarded the Nobel Prize.[29][30] The 1979 Nobel Prize in Physics was awarded jointly to Sheldon Lee Glashow, Salam, and Steven Weinberg “for their contributions to the theory of the unified weak and electromagnetic interaction between elementary particles, including, inter alia, the prediction of the weak neutral current”.[31]
[edit] Chemistry
Ahmed Zewail – American scientist born in Egypt (1999). He is the only Muslim chemist to date to be awarded the Nobel Prize and the second Muslim scientist.[3][32][33][34] The 1999 Nobel Prize in Chemistry was awarded to Ahmed Zewail “for his studies of the transition states of chemical reactions using femtosecond spectroscopy”.[35]

Warren Buffett
Quote:
If you go to the Middle East looking for oil, you don't need to stop in Israel. But, if you're looking for brains, for energy, for integrity, for imagination, it's the only stop you need to make

Integrity ?????????

1 ) The use of cluster munitions in Lebanon in violation of a secret treaty it had with the U.S.?

2 ) Stating to the U.N. twice that it would honor the Right of return in UN Resolutions ?

3 ) Stating to th U.N. that it would honor the resolutions for the internationalization of Jerusalem ?

I think I could come up with more examples, but I think I have made my point.

• Banned
Integrity ?????????

1 ) The use of cluster munitions in Lebanon in violation of a secret treaty it had with the U.S.?

2 ) Stating to the U.N. twice that it would honor the Right of return in UN Resolutions ?

3 ) Stating to th U.N. that it would honor the resolutions for the internationalization of Jerusalem ?

[/quote]

Cluster bombs are used by the US, the UK and other militaries.

There is no right of return. Ask the 150 million refugees, including 12 million ethnic Germans, relocated in the aftermath of WW II.

Jews have prior possession of Jerusalem dating back 3000 years. Mahomet never set foot in Jerusalem nor has Jerusalem ever been a muslime capital. Muzzies pray to mecca, not Jerusalem

Last edited:
  • Banned
Ahmed Zewail – American scientist born in Egypt (1999). He is the only Muslim chemist to date to be awarded the Nobel Prize and the second Muslim scientist.[3][32][33][34] The 1999 Nobel Prize in Chemistry was awarded to Ahmed Zewail “for his studies of the transition states of chemical reactions using femtosecond spectroscopy”.[35][/COLO]

American.

Abdus Salam – Pakistani physicist (1979). He is the first and only Pakistani to receive the award. He is also the first Muslim scientist and only physicist to be awarded the Nobel Prize.[29][30] The 1979 Nobel Prize in Physics was awarded jointly to Sheldon Lee Glashow, Salam, and Steven Weinberg “for their contributions to the theory of the unified weak and electromagnetic interaction between elementary particles, including, inter alia, the prediction of the weak neutral current”.[31]

Shared the Nobel Prize with two Jews :clap2:

Israel has produced 6 Nobel Laureates in science and economics.

Overall, Nobel Prizes for science, economics and literature have been awarded to about 186 Jews, out of 13 million Jews worldwide, while only 4 muzzies have won Nobel Prizes in science, economics and literature out of 1.5 billion muzzies worldwide.

The muhammadan is a severe underachiever, except in terrorism.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl76nw92AJc]Jews and Muslims-Nobel Prize List (Latest) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Integrity ?????????

There is no right of return. Ask the 150 million refugees, including 12 million ethnic Germans, relocated in the aftermath of WW II.

Jews have prior possession of Jerusalem dating back 3000 years. Mahomet never set foot in Jerusalem nor has Jerusalem ever been a muslime capital. Muzzies pray to mecca, not Jerusalem
[/QUOTE]

I suppose I could say fiddly fie fo yabba dabba do and it would make the same sense as your argument, but instead I will reply in this manner;

1 ) Israel agreed as a condition of the sale of the cluster munitions that it would not use them in or near populated areas in Lebanon. It violated the terms of the treaty when it invaded Lebanon not once but twice. That other countries have used cluster munitions has no bearing on the question.

2 ) The Israeli governing authorities agreed at the U.N. that there was a Right of Return twice. It always boggles my mind that there is a Right of Return for the Jewish People who were displaced from their homes 2000 years ago but it does not exist for Palestinians who were displaced less than 100 years ago !

3 ) Your statement about Jerusalem does not dismiss the fact that at least twice in the last 70 years Israel has agreed to the internationalization of the city.

Also I would suggest that it would be better to call them Muslims rather than the racial slur " Muzzies "

Ahmed Zewail – American scientist born in Egypt (1999). He is the only Muslim chemist to date to be awarded the Nobel Prize and the second Muslim scientist.[3][32][33][34] The 1999 Nobel Prize in Chemistry was awarded to Ahmed Zewail “for his studies of the transition states of chemical reactions using femtosecond spectroscopy”.[35][/COLO]

American.

Overall, Nobel Prizes for science, economics and literature have been awarded to about 186 Jews, out of 13 million Jews worldwide, while only 4 muzzies have won Nobel Prizes in science, economics and literature out of 1.5 billion muzzies worldwide.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl76nw92AJc]Jews and Muslims-Nobel Prize List (Latest) - YouTube[/ame]

I notice that you did not care to adress the issues that I brought up in the first part of my post ( see below ) perhaps you would like to do so now ?

One could debate the fact that the Nobel Committee is basically oriented towards Western Civilization, this is shown by the fact that the overwhelming number of prizes have gone to Westerners. Also you might recognize that science really only flourishes in affluent societies Or one could bring up the fact that at this time in history the Western World is in a stage of enlightenment while the Islamic World is going through its dark ages. The Islamic world during its Golden Age led the world in many of the scientific fields and some of the remaining examples of it's engineering are still wonders of the world. An example of the architecture is the Taj Mahal and for scientific achievement I invite you to goggle the name Alhazen.

Integrity ?????????

I suppose I could say fiddly fie fo yabba dabba do and it would make the same sense as your argument, but instead I will reply in this manner;

1 ) Israel agreed as a condition of the sale of the cluster munitions that it would not use them in or near populated areas in Lebanon. It violated the terms of the treaty when it invaded Lebanon not once but twice. That other countries have used cluster munitions has no bearing on the question.

2 ) The Israeli governing authorities agreed at the U.N. that there was a Right of Return twice. It always boggles my mind that there is a Right of Return for the Jewish People who were displaced from their homes 2000 years ago but it does not exist for Palestinians who were displaced less than 100 years ago !

3 ) Your statement about Jerusalem does not dismiss the fact that at least twice in the last 70 years Israel has agreed to the internationalization of the city.

Also I would suggest that it would be better to call them Muslims rather than the racial slur " Muzzies "
[/QUOTE]

The Israeli military no longer uses cluster bombs while the US and UK use cluster bombs in Iraq and Afghanistan.

There is no right of return in international law nor the UN Charter nor has Israel ever agreed to any fictional right of return.

Israel has sovereignty over Jerusalem. Muzzies, not so much

Aside from comparing people who are practically white (Jews) to sand negroes (Arabs), it's mostly Jews who decide who gets Nobel prizes. The nazis, kissing cousins of Israelis, also were very impressive in their technological developments.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Aside from comparing people who are practically white (Jews) to sand negroes (Arabs), it's mostly Jews who decide who gets Nobel prizes. The nazis, kissing cousins of Israelis, also were very impressive in their technological developments.

The Jews decided to give Arafat a Nobel Peace Prize, shit-for-brains?

Go sit in the dunce's corner.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Vp642ERhM&feature=related]Sound-Effects - Crowd Laughing - YouTube[/ame]

One could debate the fact that the Nobel Committee is basically oriented towards Western Civilization, this is shown by the fact that the overwhelming number of prizes have gone to Westerners.

Well, no.

UN: Arab World Rife with Illiteracy & Lacks Innovation
U.N. report finds one third of Arabs illiterate and only $10 per person spent on scientific research. The level of education, research and innovation in the Arab world is appalling, a new United Nations report has claimed.

The report, produced as part of a partnership between the United Nations Development Program and the United Arab Emirates-based Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation, found that despite the efforts of scientists and researchers throughout the region, the Arab world makes up only 1.1% of global scientific publishing and the low level of investment into research has led to relatively low levels of innovation throughout the Arab world. Examining a number of aspects of "the current Arab knowledge landscape," the report expressed "grave concerns over the state of education in the Arab world," with over one third of the adult population unable to read or write and major educational discrepancies between males and females.

The report found that despite 20% of national budgets in the Arab world being spent on education over the past 40 years, the average Arab individual reads very little compared to other societies and around 60 million Arabs are illiterate, two thirds of them women.

With almost nine million primary school-aged children not attending school in the Arab world, it is predicted that only a few select Arab nations will meet the universal primary education goal of the United Nation's Millennium Development Goals.

The report's harshest criticism was reserved for the lack of investment in academic and scientific research, hampering the ability of Arab nations to meet global occupational, technical and higher education standards. The report found that spending on scientific research in the Arab world does not exceed 0.3% of most nations' GDP and is 97% dependent on government funding.

While nations like Finland were found to spend over $1000 per person on scientific research each year, less than $10 per person is spent annually on scientific research in the Arab world. As a result, the number of patents registered with Arab national institutions is minimal and Arab scientists and researchers account for 1.1% of global scientific publishing.

"Things are really bad," Dr Ghassan Khateeb, Vice President of Community Affairs at Birzeit University in the Palestinian Territories, told The Media Line. "There is a direct relation between the lack of investment and the problematic situation we find ourselves in relation to knowledge."

"This is all related to politics," he continued. "The lack of democracy and lack of knowledge reinforce each other: the lack of education contributes to the lack of democracy and the fact that rulers can remain rulers without the will of the people. In turn, the fact that there is no proper democracy in the Arab world means that there is less incentive among rulers to really invest in knowledge of the kinds of things that have a positive impact on the public which would elect them."

"When there are vicious circles you have to work on both education and democratization together," he said.

The report was also critical of the quality of university education, citing a lack of emphasis on modern communication technologies and specialized sciences. "As a result," the UNDP wrote in a statement, "the region lacks a critical mass of highly skilled professionals equipped with the ability to innovate and capable of answering the needs of the marketplace."
UN: Arab World Rife with Illiteracy & Lacks Innovation | Menassat

Tiny Israel A Giant In Scientific Research
Israel's contribution to the world of scientific research has won it a growing number of accolades, with the Jewish state turning out an impressive number of achievements relative to its size.

Israeli professor Dan Shechter became the tenth Israeli to become a Nobel laureate when he won the prize for chemistry for his discovery of quasicrystals, which overturned scientific theory on the nature of solids.

"It's a paradigm shift in chemistry. His findings have rewritten the first chapter of textbooks of ordered matter," said Sven Lidin, a member of the Nobel Committee for Chemistry.

Shechtman's win was hailed by Israel's leaders as proof of the country's rich tradition of academic research.

"I want to congratulate you in the name of the citizens of Israel for your win, which reflects the intellect of our people," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a statement.

"There are not many countries who have won such a large number of Nobel prizes," said President Shimon Peres, himself a Nobel laureate.

Over the past 45 years, Israel has won a total of 10 Nobel prizes -- a major achievement for a country of just 7.8 million people.

Four have been in the field of chemistry, two were for economic sciences; one was awarded for literature while three Israelis have won the Nobel Peace prize, including Peres.

Israel is the country which counts the most engineers per head and ranks second only to the United States in the number of companies listed on Nasdaq.

Almost all the big names in technology -- from Intel and Google to Microsoft -- have important research and development centres in Israel, and there are 500 new start-ups every year.

Three of the Nobel chemistry laureates, including Shechtan, were graduates of the Technion, the prestigious technological university in the northern port city of Haifa, which has turned out 70 percent of the country's engineers and 80 percent of the executives of Israeli firms listed on Nasdaq.

Israel's fourth chemistry laureate, who won the award in 2009, came from the Weizmann Institute of Science near Tel Aviv, one of the country's leading research institutes, which has twice won the Turing Award, otherwise known as the Nobel prize of computing.

Other Weizmann researchers have won the Wolf Prizes in Medicine.

Part of Israel's success in academia, as in high-tech, lies in local researchers and developers who "do more with less," said Saul Singer, author of the 2009 bestseller "Start-up Nation: The Story of Israel's Economic Miracle."

"If you look at the top 25 drugs developed over the last decade or so, seven of them were partly developed at Weizmann. There's no other institution in the world that can say that," Singer told AFP, noting that Harvard developed only two of them -- and on a much larger budget.

"Or Tel Aviv University, which recently ranked number 11 in citations per faculty member. That's above Oxford, Cambridge and Yale. There's no comparison in terms of budgets involved," he said.

Through a mixture of dermination and doggedness, Israel had excelled in both academia and start-ups, he said.

"Israel has gotten very good at doing this sort of thing," he said.

"The dynamics of being determined, creative, and doing more with less -- and also trying to solve big problems -- you see that at both the academic level and the start-up level."

Congratulating Shechtman, Education Minister Gideon Saar said scientific research would be crucial to Israel's future.

"Developing human capital and investing in education and higher education are the key to achievement and scientific research in the future," the minister said.

"The future of the State of Israel will be ensured by research on the highest level."
Tiny Israel a giant in scientific research

Last edited:
And what have you Accomplished with YOUR Life? Jstone, Marc

The Misery of Arabs/Apple R&D In Israel :lol: :clap2: http://www.choura2yak.com/2011/12/15/the-misery-of-arabs-apple-rd-in-israel/
Apple will open a research and development center in Israel that will focus on semiconductors

The R&D center in Herzliya, Israel’s version of Silicon Valley, would be Apple’s first outside California

Earlier this week, Israeli media reported Apple was in advanced talks to buy Anobit, an Israeli maker of flash storage technology, for $400-$500 million

It is so sad and frustrating to see APPLE investing in Israel, while we as Arabs are not able to attract these investments to our countries! I don’t know what our leaders are doing to create proper environment for such investments!

I would prefer seeing APPLE as well as MICROSOFT having their R&D in Lebanon or any other Arab Country instead of being in ISRAEL!

WISH THE ARAB LEADERS WILL WAKE UP AND CARE FOR DEVELOPING THEIR COUNTRIES AND SOCIETIES INSTEAD OF APPLYING DICTATORSHIP AND KILL THEIR PEOPLE!

The Misery of Arabs ! Apple R&D in ISRAEL! | What do You Think ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA4wnqRAuhI]Apple to set up Israel development center - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

American.

They suck at stealing real estate.

Investor's Business Daily: How Free Israel Prospers As Islam Remains In The Dark
Israel, a New Jersey-sized nation of 7.5 million people (1.7 million of whom are Arab) filed 7,082 international patents in the five years ending in 2007. By contrast, 28 majority-Muslim nations with almost 1.2 billion people — 155 times the population of Israel — were granted 2,071 patents in the same period. Narrowing the comparison to the 17 Muslim nations of the Middle East from Morocco to Iran and down the Arabian Peninsula, the 409 million people in that region generated 680 patents in five years.
This means that the Arab and Iranian world produced about one patent per year for every 3 million people, compared with Israel's output of one annual patent for every 5,295 people, an Israeli rate some 568 times that of Israel's neighbors and sometime enemies.

The awarding of Nobel Prizes in the quantitative areas of chemistry, economics and physics shows a similar disparity, with five Israeli winners compared with one French Algerian (a Jew who earned the prize for work done in France) and an Egyptian-American (for work done at Caltech in California).

But wealth isn't the sole explanation for this disparity in intellectual innovation. Saudi Arabia enjoyed a per capita income of $24,200 in 2010. Yet the Kingdom averages an anemic 37 patents per year compared with Israel's 1,416 per year — and there are 3 1/2 times more Saudis than Israelis, meaning that Israel's per capita output of intellectual property is 132 times greater than Saudi Arabia's.

The telltale signs of Israel's economic rise can be seen in the Tel Aviv skyline and the new office complexes around Jerusalem. International giant Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. was founded in 1901 by three pharmacists in Jerusalem. Today it employs 40,000 around the world. Teva has a market cap of $44.2 billion — the most highly valued company based in Israel and the ninth-largest firm traded on the Nasdaq

A few miles from Teva's gleaming office campus west of the Old City sits the former national mint building for the British Mandate. Built in 1937, this renovated building, along with the old Ottoman Empire railway warehouses next to it, houses the JVP Media Quarter and 300 entrepreneurs.

The complex hosts Israel's leading venture capital firm, Jerusalem Venture Partners, as well as 35 startups and a performing arts center for good measure. JVP, which has helped launch 70 companies since 1993, has more than $820 million under management with seven active venture capital funds.

The Media Quarter concept was created in 2002 when JVP founder Erel Margalit wanted to create a media-focused incubator that combined technology, culture, art and business. JVP has shepherded 18 initial public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, including some of the largest Israel-based companies: Qlik Technologies, Netro Corp., Chromatis Networks, Precise Software, Cogent Communications.

Less than 300 miles separate the purposeful creative buzz in the JVP Media Quarter from the restive streets of Cairo, where the Muslim Brotherhood tells Egypt's unemployed that their plight is the fault of corrupt capitalists and Jews. It doesn't take a Nobel Prize-winning economist to figure out where these two economies are going.
How Free Israel Prospers As Islam Remains In Dark - Investors.com

Aside from that the above quote is not completely accurate;

From Wiki;

Physics

[edit] Chemistry
Ahmed Zewail – American scientist born in Egypt (1999). He is the only Muslim chemist to date to be awarded the Nobel Prize and the second Muslim scientist.[3][32][33][34] The 1999 Nobel Prize in Chemistry was awarded to Ahmed Zewail “for his studies of the transition states of chemical reactions using femtosecond spectroscopy”.[35]

Integrity ?????????

Didnt the Church end the Golden age of Islam?

Forum List

Back