William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Must be read.

June 2, 2008 Issue
Copyright © 2008 The American Conservative

The Spy Who Loves Us

Pay no mind to the Mossad agent on the line.

by Philip Giraldi

After Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard was sentenced to life in prison in 1986, the U.S. negotiated an understanding with Israel—a “gentlemen’s agreement” —stipulating that neither nation would thenceforth conduct espionage operations in the other’s territory without consent. But the agreement was a sham from the beginning. The Israeli government didn’t even honor its commitments in the aftermath of the Pollard case, failing to return the estimated 360 cubic feet of stolen information to enable the U.S. to conduct a damage assessment. The United States, for its part, continued to recruit and run agents inside Israel throughout the 1980s and 1990s. And it was known within the intelligence and counterintelligence communities that Israel did the same in the United States. David Szady, the FBI’s assistant director for counterintelligence, was so dismayed by the level of Israeli spying in the late ’90s that he called in the head of the Israeli Embassy’s Central Institute for Intelligence and Special Activities (Mossad) office and told him, “Knock it off.”

http://www.amconmag.com/2008/2008_06_02/cover.html

Last edited:
Even allies spy on one another.

They would be damned fools not to.

Jonathan Pollard should be shot for treason, of course, but I can't fault the state of Israel for wanting to spy on us.

Yes they do, so does France, Germany, Australia and other countries. Just because we are friends doesn't mean we agree on everything, a good intelligence agency is spying on everyone (which explains why the CIA sucks).

heehehehe...

oooooook, buddy. I guess we need to make sure those Polish and Spanish spies are in check before we get pissed off at israels 007 adventure.

:bullshit:

funny thing about spies.. they dont tend to wear jerseys. Why dont YOU name any other "allies" that have been busted spying from any other nation if you can think of any.

I said I believe man, look it up yourself, I am not about to trudge around looking for it.

the point is all our allies spy on us, and if we have a brain we better be spying on them as well.

sorry, thats not how evidence works, yo. Im not going to waste my time on something that you may or may not know to be true.

and no, the point is NOT that out allies spy if you cant back it up.

accept it or not. goofy non sequiters may work at the AIPAC fund raiser but im just not all that impressed with what you think MAY be the case when we KNOW that israel spies on the only nation keeping it viable.

Britain helped America to conduct a secret and potentially illegal spying operation at the United Nations in the run-up to the Iraq war, The Observer can reveal.

first line. Would you care to offer conjecture on how this would have played out were it Cuba or Argentina instead? What nation is the UN, exactly?

Forum List

Back