Israel scared of Palestinian recognition

The Palestinians want to end the occupation.
Good for them, good for them! Getting a life and a job in the end! Their resettlement can be worked out in september.

Well no one is in any doubt that the resettlement of the indigenous population is what a great many Israel's want and have always wanted. That work though is called ethnic cleansing.

You are not understanding. Occupation means the people's homeland is occupied. Maybe you have just put it badly and are anticipating the resettlement of the crazed national religious settlers back into Israel proper.

Good for them, good for them! Getting a life and a job in the end! Their resettlement can be worked out in september.

Well no one is in any doubt that the resettlement of the indigenous population is what a great many Israel's want and have always wanted. That work though is called ethnic cleansing.

You are not understanding. Occupation means the people's homeland is occupied. Maybe you have just put it badly and are anticipating the resettlement of the crazed national religious settlers back into Israel proper.

Actually "Israel proper" is occupied Palestinian land. The Palestinians call it 48 as in 1948 occupied Palestine. Israel has never legally acquired any land. It sits inside Palestine's borders with no borders of its own.

Actually "Israel proper" is occupied Palestinian land. The Palestinians call it 48 as in 1948 occupied Palestine. Israel has never legally acquired any land. It sits inside Palestine's borders with no borders of its own.

That may be a technicality. Are you not willing for there to be any Israel?

It is not up to me and, yes, it is a huge technicality. I have found nothing anywhere where Israel has legally acquired any land or established any borders.

It is not up to me and, yes, it is a huge technicality. I have found nothing anywhere where Israel has legally acquired any land or established any borders.

Then that gets to the whole argument about who owned the land. Is that why pro Israelis are always saying the Palestinians didn't own the land and have so no right to it?

I can see a possible reason why Israel could be afraid of things going to court.

I accept that boundaries have to be set. Most people feel agreeable as to them being roughly 67. What is your own position on this state of affairs.

There will never be any peace deal as long as the so called palestinians side with Hamas terrorists. Because of this, the pals are also considered terrorists. If they wanted peace, they know how it needs to be done...

There will never be any peace deal as long as the so called palestinians side with Hamas terrorists. Because of this, the pals are also considered terrorists. If they wanted peace, they know how it needs to be done...

Hamas are the democratically elected leaders, not terrorists. You must be thinking of the Israelis, that's how they built their country, with terrorism.

It is pretty hard not to be worried when your next door neighbor has in their constitution that they want to wipe you out and then others in the area say go ahead. The real answer is that most of the Middle East do like either of them and hope that they will wipe each other out in a way. How many countries have offered the Palestinians any help. The answer is NONE.

That broken record isn't really true. Hamas has said it will accept 67 borders so everyone is in for the same thing.

The Palestinians, the people, need to get their act together and get proper elections and get things moving.

They can use the rule of law - just the law. Once Palestine is recognised as a State, Israel by her own legal systems will be unable to ignore this.

and plenty of people care for the Palestinians, maybe not where you live but plenty of people want a just solution where the Palestinians may at last have dignity and human rights. Probably more to the point, both France and the UK may well recognise Palestine. I believe this would be a big plus because not only would they provide economic ties, I would imagine they will also watch her back - no I am not suggesting war, nobody will be going to war with Israel.

.....and do not forget they also have diaspora Palestinians to help them

The oft repeated US idea of leaving them both to it is not taking responsibility for what the US has already been a part of and the inequalities which are there.

The rule of law should not frighten anyone with nothing to hide.

Fuck Hamas. Those assholes blew up the Marine Barracks in Beirut in 1983 and you're in here looking out for them?

Why don't you move to Palestine.

Hamas are the democratically elected leaders, not terrorists. You must be thinking of the Israelis, that's how they built their country, with terrorism.

Doesn't surprise me you would side with terrorists....

Doesn't surprise me you would side with terrorists....

Sorry, I don't side with the Israelis.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Well no one is in any doubt that the resettlement of the indigenous population is what a great many Israel's want and have always wanted.
  • We're well aware that arab "indigenousity" claims is a made-up stuff
  • Resettling palistanians is, of course, an objective necessity, unless the international community enjoys experimenting on live palistanians, which is a crime against humanity.
That work though is called ethnic cleansing.
That's what arabs want to do to jews, of course, resettling palistanians is, on the contrary, a great humanitarian undertaking.
You are not understanding.
Au contraire, it's, of course, palistanians who are good in doings things not understandings.
Occupation means the people's homeland is occupied.
That's what palistanians are doing, that's why it was said they wanted to end the occupation, ie. to get a life and a job, of course.
Maybe you have just put it badly and are anticipating the resettlement of the crazed national religious settlers back into Israel proper.
Why do arab settlers have to call others settlers? Guilt maybe?

And who was that sheikh, sultan, imam, shakh, president, prime-minister of that "occupied palestine"?

Then that gets to the whole argument about who owned the land. Is that why pro Israelis are always saying the Palestinians didn't own the land and have so no right to it?

I can see a possible reason why Israel could be afraid of things going to court.

I accept that boundaries have to be set. Most people feel agreeable as to them being roughly 67. What is your own position on this state of affairs.

It would definitely change the framing of the debate if this knowledge gets out. That is why Israel will not sit down with anyone, like Hamas, who would throw this into public discourse.

I am a one state person myself.

• Thanks
I am a one state person myself.
This is, quite probably, the best testimony to the fact that palistanians have never been a nation and have never had a state to have a collective memory of being one and having one, preferring to be sort of chewing-gum, stuck to somebody else's shoe. So, the history repeats itself as previously described by king Hussein, - "After a short period of temporary administration in the West Bank, a group of leaders, notables and elders representing Palestinian Arabs who had emigrated from the occupied territories considered joining the East Bank, a patriotic and nationalist demand and a guarantee against Israeli dangers. They held two great historic meetings. The first was in Jericho on 1 December 1948 and the second in Nablus on 28 December 1948. ... Those present adopted resolutions calling on the late King Abdullah Bin al-Husein to take immediate steps to unify and merge the two Banks in a single State under his leadership." - showing that Jordan is, indeed, a palistanian "vaterland".

Well no one is in any doubt that the resettlement of the indigenous population is what a great many Israel's want and have always wanted.
  • Resettling palistanians is, of course, an objective necessity, unless the international community enjoys experimenting on live palistanians, which is a crime against humanity.
That's what arabs want to do to jews, of course, resettling palistanians is, on the contrary, a great humanitarian undertaking.Au contraire, it's, of course, palistanians who are good in doings things not understandings.
That's what palistanians are doing, that's why it was said they wanted to end the occupation, ie. to get a life and a job, of course.
Maybe you have just put it badly and are anticipating the resettlement of the crazed national religious settlers back into Israel proper.

Have I ruffled your feathers docmuster?

You
We're well aware that arab "indigenousity" claims is a made-up stuff

:eek: I do not know how you manage to fill your head with this or expect anyone to believe you.

I can give you an Israeli site which tries to be unbiased and which was once recommended to me by a biased American/Israeli

Economic analyses show that by the 1930s the standard of living of Palestinian Arabs was approximately twice that of Arabs in surrounding countries, whereas in Ottoman Turkish times it was lower than in surrounding countries. Some of the farm population may have suffered economic hardship, characteristic of any industrializing and urbanizing society, but in the main, the standard of living improved, and it improved much faster than it did in surrounding countries. There is no doubt that this improvement in conditions was an attractant for immigrants as well as resulting in improved health and larger families. Additionally, British activity in building the port of Haifa during the 1920s and in operating it during WW II undoubtedly attracted at least some immigrants. However, there is no hard evidence that more than 100,000 or 200,000 (out of about 1.3 million in all of Palestine, and about 7-800,000 in the area that was to become Israel in 1948) Palestinians had immigrated to the land that was to become Israel. It is impossible to determine at present when this immigration took place. 100,000 Arabs immigrating in 1880 would have produced many more descendants by 1948 than 100,000 Arabs immigrating in 1930. However, since economic conditions did not improve until mandatory times, it is unlikely that the bulk of the immigration occurred under Turkish administration.

Joan Peters, in her book "From Time Immemorial," argues that most of the increase in Arab population was in fact due to illegal Arab immigration. Her figures are not accepted by most demographers and historians, including Zionists. Norman Finkelstein and others have criticized her thesis and shown evidence of poor scholarship. Finkelstein's analysis also shows that the largest increases of Palestinian Arab population occurred close to Jewish population centers in Palestine, which would argue against the Palestinian contention that the Zionists were dispossessing Arabs. We do not know if this increase was due to population shifts in Palestine or immigration from outside Palestine. It is certain that there was at least some illegal Palestinian-Arab immigration, as noted in British mandatory reports. Immigration from Transjordan was not illegal, and was not recorded as immigration at all until 1938. Beginning in the 1920s when they built Haifa port, and especially during and just prior to World War II, the British recruited Arab workers from the Houran in Syria and elsewhere. Arabs also came to Palestine before the war, attracted by higher wages. However, since much of the depletion of Palestinian population that had occurred in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries was due to migration to neighboring countries, many of these returning Arabs may have been families returning to Palestine.

-snip-

2. Palestine was not an empty land when Zionist immigration began. The lowest estimates claim there were about 410,000 Arab Muslims and Christians in Palestine in 1893. A Zionist estimate claimed there were over 600,000 Arabs in Palestine. in the 1890s. At this time, the number of Jewish immigrants to Palestine was still negligible by all accounts. It is unlikely that Palestinian immigration prior to this period was due to Zionist development.

MidEast Web - Population of Palestine

What you are saying is simply not true and you are doing your argument no good by saying things which people are well aware are not true.

You
Resettling palistanians is, of course, an objective necessity, unless the international community enjoys experimenting on live palistanians, which is a crime against humanity.

Right, so your position is that you want the Palestinians resettled or you want to commit some experiments on them which you know are crimes against humanity.

Well it is always best to be forwarned.

Me
That work though is called ethnic cleansing.

You
That's what arabs want to do to jews, of course, resettling palistanians is, on the contrary, a great humanitarian undertaking.

Everyone except fanatics want to resettle the settlements. International Law wants to resettle the illegal settlements in the West Bank, never mind the Palestinians. Do not be deluded by this forum. It is everyone except for fanatics.

They want this to happen because the West Bank is an apartheid system different but of sufficient similarity on key issues to be considered so by many, not least South Africans who know this first hand and who frequently say it is worse for the Palestinians than it was for them.

This is an issue of human decency and the world has not yet destroyed those who look for it.

The very thing which is going to result in the end of Israel is dilly dallying about moving out of those settlements. Many people believe it has already gone too far for a two state solution to be possible. No proper viable two state results in One State.

Me

You

Do you really believe this or are you just wanting a little fun. Are you a Nat Religious?

The West Bank does not belong to Israel. It is outside of areas which were accepted as Israel and yes, the indigenous people want self determination and human rights and human dignity.

Me

You

Reality check 1, I am not an arab, settler or otherwise. The settlers are called settlers because they have settled illegally on occupied land.

Reality check 2, it is the whole world apart from fanatics who call these people settlers.

• Thanks
That's what arabs want to do to jews, of course, resettling palistanians is, on the contrary, a great humanitarian undertaking.Au contraire, it's, of course, palistanians who are good in doings things not understandings.That's what palistanians are doing, that's why it was said they wanted to end the occupation, ie. to get a life and a job, of course.Why do arab settlers have to call others settlers? Guilt maybe?
Have I ruffled your feathers docmuster?
Funny drivel.
:eek: I do not know how you manage to fill your head with this or expect anyone to believe you. I can give you an Israeli site which tries to be unbiased and which was once recommended to me by a biased American/Israeli What you are saying is simply not true and you are doing your argument no good by saying things which people are well aware are not true. Right, so your position is that you want the Palestinians resettled or you want to commit some experiments on them which you know are crimes against humanity. Well it is always best to be forwarned.
Hilarious drivel.
Everyone except fanatics want to resettle the settlements.
Indeed, Chile offers palistanian settlers cool deals, but palistanian fanatics always manage to spoil this otherwise commendable enterprise.
International Law wants to resettle the illegal settlements in the West Bank, never mind the Palestinians. Do not be deluded by this forum. It is everyone except for fanatics.
Nowhere does that "international law" wants to resettle illegal palistanian settlements in the WB elsewhere in the WB, and, right, that law doesn't give a damn about palistanians too, of course.
They want this to happen because the West Bank is an apartheid system different but of sufficient similarity on key issues to be considered so by many, not least South Africans who know this first hand and who frequently say it is worse for the Palestinians than it was for them. This is an issue of human decency and the world has not yet destroyed those who look for it. The very thing which is going to result in the end of Israel is dilly dallying about moving out of those settlements. Many people believe it has already gone too far for a two state solution to be possible. No proper viable two state results in One State.
Irrelevant drivel.

Do you really believe this or are you just wanting a little fun. Are you a Nat Religious?
Silly drivel.
The West Bank does not belong to Israel.
We're most sure it's a popular delusion of the palistanian west bank robbers.
It is outside of areas which were accepted as Israel and yes, the indigenous people want self determination and human rights and human dignity.
Drivel.
Reality check 1, I am not an arab, settler or otherwise. The settlers are called settlers because they have settled illegally on occupied land.
That's how Churchill, basically, described arabs, of course.

New Topics

Forum List

Back