Israel: Rules? Fuck the Rules, We'll make our own damn rules!

AFP: Israel wants law of war changed after damning UN Gaza report

JERUSALEM — Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu instructed his government on Tuesday to draw up proposals to amend the international laws of war after a damning UN report on its war in Gaza.

The security cabinet did not, however, discuss calls made by ministers for an internal investigation into the 22-day offensive at the turn of the year that killed some 1,400 Palestinians and 13 Israelis, an official told AFP.

Israel was dealt a heavy diplomatic blow with the adoption by the UN Human Rights Council of the report that accused both Israel and the Hamas rulers of the Gaza Strip of war crimes.

Israel's closest allies, the United States, Britain and France urged it to investigate war crime allegations raised by the fact-finding missions headed by Richard Goldstone, a former international war crimes prosecutor.

Mmm, an army with the full international backing to do whatever the hell they want to whomever the hell they deem as "terrorists." Sounds enticing.

Meanwhile, hardline Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman met with EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana, reiterating Israel's stance that peace talks with the Palestinians could not progress amid international support for the Goldstone report.

Goldstone, who has faced a storm of personal attacks inside Israel since the report's publication, dismissed the argument and urged the Jewish state to comply with the recommendation to investigate the war.

"It's a shallow, utterly false allegation," Goldstone said during a meeting with a group of rabbis in the United States, remarks aired on Monday by Israeli public radio.

"What peace process are they talking about? There isn't one. The Israeli foreign minister doesn't want one," Goldstone said.

Well, I think at this point we can conclude that Israel did in fact break said rules and now are trying to amend said rules to suit their needs. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think a single country should be dictating international policy on what the rules of war should be. :eusa_eh:

A better solution would be to just investigate the damn war. Even Israel's closest allies, the U.S., the UK and France are calling for them to investigate.
Actually what happened here is you intentionally posted a bad link, because the article filled with lies and misrepresentations is from a terrorist worshipping site dated in 2009.

Doesn't matter.

Israel will do what it needs to do, to protect its own.

And if that means that it's got to break a few eggs on the way to producing omelettes, they will.

Don't want your people hit?

Don't fire rockets from amongst your civilian population.

Plenty of wasteland and scrub-land outside of those heavily populated areas, regardless of what some of the Hamas Apologists amongst us would have us believe.

Don't fire upon Israeli troops from inside schools and hospitals and mosques.

Don't tunnel under the wire into Israeli territory.

Don't provoke border and fence-line incidents.

Or, better yet, kist stop fighting.

Run up the white flag.

Surrender.

Then pack up and move away, and begin new and happier lives, elsewhere, where you're actually wanted and welcome.

The world has been putting up with this Muslim-Palestinian bullshit for 66 years.

No way you win.

It's over.

Enough, already.

The world has been putting up with Israeli Jewish bullshit for 66 years.

Sure they have :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter.

Israel will do what it needs to do, to protect its own.

And if that means that it's got to break a few eggs on the way to producing omelettes, they will.

Don't want your people hit?

Don't fire rockets from amongst your civilian population.

Plenty of wasteland and scrub-land outside of those heavily populated areas, regardless of what some of the Hamas Apologists amongst us would have us believe.

Don't fire upon Israeli troops from inside schools and hospitals and mosques.

Don't tunnel under the wire into Israeli territory.

Don't provoke border and fence-line incidents.

Or, better yet, kist stop fighting.

Run up the white flag.

Surrender.

Then pack up and move away, and begin new and happier lives, elsewhere, where you're actually wanted and welcome.

The world has been putting up with this Muslim-Palestinian bullshit for 66 years.

No way you win.

It's over.

Enough, already.

The world has been putting up with Israeli Jewish bullshit for 66 years.
Lost your crayons or just forgot to take your meds? Bunch of Islamic savages and neo nazis do not constitute "the world". Ha ha ha.

You guys realize this is a zombie thread from 2009 and Modbert (and most of the participants) haven't posted here in some time? :doubt:

Well, I think at this point we can conclude that Israel did in fact break said rules and now are trying to amend said rules to suit their needs. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think a single country should be dictating international policy on what the rules of war should be. :eusa_eh:

A better solution would be to just investigate the damn war. Even Israel's closest allies, the U.S., the UK and France are calling for them to investigate.

It sure sounds like it doesn't it?

To Israel's credit though, there is a healthy debate within Israel as to their conduct in Gaza - support is by no means as monolithic as it seems to be outside of Israel in the U.S.

The report is 7 years old and is now ancient history, or didn't you realise that in your haste to demonise Israel like the biased RACIST you are. When will the P.A. investigate the claims as the UN has asked, you know like Israel did and their report is on file at the UN.

Dude....this THREAD and OP are from October 2009.

The original article, which I tracked down out of curiousity is from 10/20/2009. It references a report and an event that were current in 2009, 5 years ago. My post, to which you are responding is from 2009.

Or didn't you realize that like the "biased RACIST" (to use your own words) that you are in your haste to demonize.

Work on your reading skills, they are as sorely lacking as your ability to communicate.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back