Israel: Rules? Fuck the Rules, We'll make our own damn rules!

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
AFP: Israel wants law of war changed after damning UN Gaza report

JERUSALEM — Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu instructed his government on Tuesday to draw up proposals to amend the international laws of war after a damning UN report on its war in Gaza.

The security cabinet did not, however, discuss calls made by ministers for an internal investigation into the 22-day offensive at the turn of the year that killed some 1,400 Palestinians and 13 Israelis, an official told AFP.

Israel was dealt a heavy diplomatic blow with the adoption by the UN Human Rights Council of the report that accused both Israel and the Hamas rulers of the Gaza Strip of war crimes.

Israel's closest allies, the United States, Britain and France urged it to investigate war crime allegations raised by the fact-finding missions headed by Richard Goldstone, a former international war crimes prosecutor.

Defence Minister Ehud Barak backed Netanyahu's call for a diplomatic campaign, saying that Israel should propose changes in the international laws of war "in order to facilitate the war on terrorism," an official quoted him as saying.

"It is in the interest of anyone fighting terrorism. We must give the IDF (Israeli army) the full backing to have the freedom of action," Barak said.

Mmm, an army with the full international backing to do whatever the hell they want to whomever the hell they deem as "terrorists." Sounds enticing.

Meanwhile, hardline Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman met with EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana, reiterating Israel's stance that peace talks with the Palestinians could not progress amid international support for the Goldstone report.

Goldstone, who has faced a storm of personal attacks inside Israel since the report's publication, dismissed the argument and urged the Jewish state to comply with the recommendation to investigate the war.

"It's a shallow, utterly false allegation," Goldstone said during a meeting with a group of rabbis in the United States, remarks aired on Monday by Israeli public radio.

"What peace process are they talking about? There isn't one. The Israeli foreign minister doesn't want one," Goldstone said.

Well, I think at this point we can conclude that Israel did in fact break said rules and now are trying to amend said rules to suit their needs. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think a single country should be dictating international policy on what the rules of war should be. :eusa_eh:

A better solution would be to just investigate the damn war. Even Israel's closest allies, the U.S., the UK and France are calling for them to investigate.

War has no rules. And all the bullshit "rules" that have been invented do only one thing, enable terrorists and those with no desire to follow "rules" the ability to endanger any force dumb enough to follow the supposed "rules".

So dog how does one fight an enemy that hides in the civilian population? One that launches rockets mortars and shells from civilian location ? One that when war starts hides amongst the supposed civilians and continues to fight from civilian positions?

Gunny, you're talking to an 18 year old who has never served, knows no one who has, and thinks he knows all the answers. It's a lost cause.

War has no rules. And all the bullshit "rules" that have been invented do only one thing, enable terrorists and those with no desire to follow "rules" the ability to endanger any force dumb enough to follow the supposed "rules".

So dog how does one fight an enemy that hides in the civilian population? One that launches rockets mortars and shells from civilian location ? One that when war starts hides amongst the supposed civilians and continues to fight from civilian positions?

until jews start dying, right? THEN all of a sudden there is a plethora of fucking rules that makes killing more evil than cast lead jews, right?

:lol:

write that blank check, dude. Your personal salvation DEPENDS on it.

Exactly, it doesn't matter what the men in monkey suits sign on paper.

These people want to fight over a piece of land, and both sides will use whatever tactics they want. Nothings going to change that.

You can defeat them by abandoning oppressive policies.

I'll pass... You and your 12 friends go have yourself a good ole time. Remember, you came here.. we didn't go there.

ps, you can thank us USMB users for giving you your most users online record too.

:rofl:

You can defeat them by abandoning oppressive policies.

and then lollipops and rainbows will fill the sky, and everyone will fly kites at picnics just like in iraq before bush took over.

I always makes me laugh when people call the Hamas freedom fighters cowards. Because they fight in civilian areas and from civilian positions.

People just don't realize that Gaza is one of the most densely populated places on the face of the earth.

Israel has imprisoned the Palestinian people on a small jam packed piece of land and built a wall around it.

So anywhare that Hamas defends themselves against the IDF is going to be a civilian area.

I always makes me laugh when people call the Hamas freedom fighters cowards. Because they fight in civilian areas and from civilian positions.

People just don't realize that Gaza is one of the most densely populated places on the face of the earth.

Israel has imprisoned the Palestinian people on a small jam packed piece of land and built a wall around it.

So anywhare that Hamas defends themselves against the IDF is going to be a civilian area.

well if they dont like it they can abandon thier cause of pushing the jew into the sea and then get the fuck out.

well if they dont like it they can abandon thier cause of pushing the jew into the sea and then get the fuck out.

so, too, can the jews get the fuck out. Lord knows your personal salvation depends on your jew loving racism!

ps... it's THEIR. not thier.

so, too, can the jews get the fuck out. Lord knows your personal salvation depends on your jew loving racism!

shut the fuck up you god damned racist pile of shit. you have made it clear youre nothing more than a nazi pig who dreams of genocide in your masturbatory fantasy of the corpses of dead jews at the hands of your mohamamdan masters.

shut the fuck up you god damned racist pile of shit. you have made it clear youre nothing more than a nazi pig who dreams of genocide in your masturbatory fantasy of the corpses of dead jews at the hands of your mohamamdan masters.

o my! that said a lot.

o my! that said a lot.
I wonder who he was refering to???

Well, I think at this point we can conclude that Israel did in fact break said rules and now are trying to amend said rules to suit their needs. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think a single country should be dictating international policy on what the rules of war should be. :eusa_eh:

A better solution would be to just investigate the damn war. Even Israel's closest allies, the U.S., the UK and France are calling for them to investigate.

It sure sounds like it doesn't it?

To Israel's credit though, there is a healthy debate within Israel as to their conduct in Gaza - support is by no means as monolithic as it seems to be outside of Israel in the U.S.

SHOCKER!

gosh.. we sure don't see the same knee jerk, blank check reaction from out local batch of zionists, do we.

To Israel's credit though, there is a healthy debate within Israel as to their conduct in Gaza - support is by no means as monolithic as it seems to be outside of Israel in the U.S.

And what you think the reasons for that are? I've got my own theories, but I'd like to hear what you think.

Because Israel is a democracy with a mostly free press, and it has an extremely varied and pluralistic population - despite being heavily Jewish. You have everything from extremely orthodox groups (women cover their heads and ride segregated bus') to largely secular Jews. You have Jews who immigrated from Europe (many different nationalities), Russia, Africa (though there was resistence to accepting them as Jewish), the Middle East etc. That's a lot of diversity and with that diversity you are going to have many differences of opinion regarding what Israel is and should be.

... and four score and seven years ago there was not a "diverse" America whose population disagreed over slavery? A hundred years later....

Forum List

Back