Israel Rejects Hamas Overture

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By ISABEL KERSHNER

JERUSALEM — Prime Minister Ehud Olmert of Israel on Sunday rejected overtures by Hamas, the militant Islamic group that rules Gaza, for discussions about a temporary cease-fire.

At the same time, Mr. Olmert’s government raised the ire of Palestinian representatives from the West Bank, with whom Israel is embarking on negotiations for a permanent peace, by seeking budget approval to build more housing for Jewish residents in areas that the Palestinians claim for their future state.

Israeli officials said a Housing and Construction Ministry budget proposal for 2008 included plans to build 500 apartments in Har Homa, a Jewish development in a hotly disputed part of East Jerusalem, and 240 apartments in Maale Adumim, the largest Jewish settlement in the Israeli-occupied West Bank with a population of more than 30,000.

Israeli officials tried to play down the significance of the request. Mark Regev, a spokesman for Mr. Olmert, said that the budget still had to be approved by Parliament, and that “there have been no new decisions authorizing building in Maale Adumim.” It was unclear whether the budget request was for new projects that had not yet been approved or for units already approved but not yet built.

Either way, the action is likely to cast a pall over a meeting of the Israeli and Palestinian negotiating teams set for Monday, the second since last month’s American-sponsored peace conference in Annapolis, Md.

The chief of the Palestinian negotiating team, Ahmed Qurei, issued a statement saying the Annapolis meeting and the ensuing negotiations toward an accord would have “no meaning” if Israel continued its settlement activities. He added that the Palestinians would raise the issue with President Bush during his visit to the region in January.

Referring to the Gaza issue, Mr. Olmert said at the start of the weekly cabinet meeting that “counterterrorist operations will continue as they have for months” in response to the continued rocket fire directed at Israel from the Gaza Strip.

At least five rockets were launched from Gaza on Sunday, an Israeli Army spokesman said. One hit a factory in the industrial zone of Ashkelon, a large city in southern Israel. Another hit a building in the Israeli border town of Sderot. Both caused damage but no casualties.

Before dawn on Monday, an Israeli airstrike killed two Hamas militants and wounded another two in the Gaza Strip as they were traveling in a car near the border fence with Israel, Reuters reported.

Ismail Haniya, the leader of the Hamas government in Gaza, had expressed a willingness, in a telephone call to an Israeli television reporter last week, to enter into talks with Israel for a mutual cease-fire. But Mr. Olmert said that Israel had “no interest in negotiating with elements” that did not fulfill the internationally approved conditions of recognizing Israel and renouncing violence.

Mr. Olmert also seemed to oppose any lull in the fighting based on an informal understanding, describing the hostilities in Gaza as “a true war” between the Israeli military and “terrorist elements.”

Defense Minister Ehud Barak also ruled out talks with Hamas, but suggested that if Hamas successfully stopped the rocket fire, Israel might reciprocate. Mr. Barak was quoted by the Israeli news media as telling the cabinet, “If they stop firing, we won’t be opposed to quiet.”

more ... http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/24/w...570d2a1fe3ba65&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

How much more does Israel need to concede? Oh yeah ... all Israelis need to jump off the land into the Red Sea.

wow... peace talks to jumping the shark over israels rejection of hammas..

Which, by itself is a SHOCKER, lemme tellya!

Israel confirms settlement plans

Israel plans to build 740 new homes in settlements in occupied East Jerusalem, a minister said, despite its commitment to freeze all settlement activity.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7158072.stm

Hey, when the turd needs a polishin' why not don the same ole zionist robes and writhe on the ground insisting that any form of NON-JEWISH APPEASEMENT is modern jew persecution...

Gosh.. to think.. Pals don't trust Israel to keep it's end of the bargain long enough to make an effort to derail kassam worthwhile... Holy shit those are some EVIL people, lemme tellya.

How much more does Israel need to concede? Oh yeah ... all Israelis need to jump off the land into the Red Sea.

What do you mean concede?... The way the palestinians see it is this..

60 years ago they were taken from their homes and land and placed in giant concetration camps on the west bank... Their homes and land were given to jewish survivers of Hitlers secular belief motivated holicaust...

Now the jews kicked them out of sections of the concentration camps so they can build condos?

So I ask... who's conceding?

Hitlers secular belief motivated holicaust

good god how stupid can one sentence be? Hitler didn't get voted into power on a secular ticket. He was voted into power because Aryan germans felt an economic threat from jewish germans. We can look at all the catholics dropping the sig heil if you want. At the end of the day nazi germany was STILL a christian nation.

I guess it's not shocking to see how easy it is to demonize pals if that's how well you have absorbed history.

wow... peace talks to jumping the shark over israels rejection of hammas..

Which, by itself is a SHOCKER, lemme tellya!

Israel confirms settlement plans

Israel plans to build 740 new homes in settlements in occupied East Jerusalem, a minister said, despite its commitment to freeze all settlement activity.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7158072.stm

Hey, when the turd needs a polishin' why not don the same ole zionist robes and writhe on the ground insisting that any form of NON-JEWISH APPEASEMENT is modern jew persecution...

Gosh.. to think.. Pals don't trust Israel to keep it's end of the bargain long enough to make an effort to derail kassam worthwhile... Holy shit those are some EVIL people, lemme tellya.

Guess you didn't check today's news. Seems Israel keeping their end is contingent on Palis stopping terrorist attacks against Israelis. That's exactly the response they got when the Palis tried to toss this one in, and justifiably so. The "roadmap" contains BOTH.

60 years ago they were taken from their homes and land and placed in giant concetration camps on the west bank... Their homes and land were given to jewish survivers of Hitlers secular belief motivated holicaust...

Now the jews kicked them out of sections of the concentration camps so they can build condos?

Wow. Quite the one-sided version of events you got there.

As far as concessions go, Israel by no means had to return any land to anyone nor allow the Arabs to return. They'd already kicked them out, and they did so because of terrorist against Israel. If you can't understand the justification for that, not sure what I can tell you.

Hitler's "secular belief" did not moivate the holocaust. Hitler blamed all of Germany's woes on Jews because as a group, they prospered far better than non-Jews during the depression. He needed a villain to push his political agenda. However, Hitler persecuted anyone or anything not German/Aryan with equal hate. Gypsies, Slavs, retards, crazies ... he waged a war of extermination against them all.

Hitlers secular belief motivated holicaust

good god how stupid can one sentence be? Hitler didn't get voted into power on a secular ticket. He was voted into power because Aryan germans felt an economic threat from jewish germans. We can look at all the catholics dropping the sig heil if you want. At the end of the day nazi germany was STILL a christian nation.

I guess it's not shocking to see how easy it is to demonize pals if that's how well you have absorbed history.

Nazi Germany was NOT a Christian Nation. If the Nazi's followed ANY religion, it was Nazi dogma.

Individual German citizens may well have been Christians, or whatever they claimed was Christian at the time. That does not make Nazi Germany a Christian Nation.

IF they live in "concentration" camps it is because other Arab nations forced that on them, rather then integrate them into their societies and nations. Further the pals got kicked out of every Arab Country except Lebanon because they tried to take over the countries they were in. Lebanon was in a civil war and never got around to booting their sorry asses out.

The Jews did not force the Arabs to flee in 48, that would be the Arab league threatening to kill any Arab that did not leave for collaberating with the Jews. Perhaps if you had your facts right you could have a real discussion.

Guess you didn't check today's news. Seems Israel keeping their end is contingent on Palis stopping terrorist attacks against Israelis. That's exactly the response they got when the Palis tried to toss this one in, and justifiably so. The "roadmap" contains BOTH.

Oh THAT tired ass impossible hurdle.. Gosh, why am I reminded of the US insisting that japan hand over it's emporer as justification for killing two cities full of civilians with atom bombs?

Indeed, nothing says "keeping their end of the bargain" quite like making more excuses for another round of land usurping following another round of "right of return" excuses. Gosh, it's almost like those damn injuns didn't stop scalping whiteys when wagon trains moved west despite treaties! SHOCKER.

Yes, the roadman contains both. But being purposefully dense about this blank check excuse, and consequences, for pumping of the jewish demographics is laughable.

in OTHER news, it's a SHOCKER that ISREAL decides NOT to go after ISRAELS for cluster bombing lebonese civilians! HOly SHIT! You mean it??? Jesus, it's like we've never seen this turd polished before!

The palestinians were forced to leave their homes and land in 1948 by the UN (america england france) not the Arab league....

Thier land and homes were taken away unjustly then given to the Jews and Palistine was no more... The innocent palestinians were then forced off their land and homes and sent homeless into the desert...

I think around 1968 the greedy Jews wanted even more. so with our support they took the west bank forcing the palestinians out of their homes and off their land again!

You can sugercoat and bullshit the matter of which this was done anyway you want, but it was as it was, and it is what it is...

I know one thing... If I was a young Palestinian living in the west bank... I would be killing innocent Jews or doing whatever else it takes to get back the land that rightfully belongs to my Fathers Father... and would be justified in doing so...

Nazi Germany was NOT a Christian Nation. If the Nazi's followed ANY religion, it was Nazi dogma.

Individual German citizens may well have been Christians, or whatever they claimed was Christian at the time. That does not make Nazi Germany a Christian Nation.

Wanna bet? I can match you pic for pic of you feel up to the challenge. Insisting that Germany was NOT a christian nation during the nazi regime is pretty much kin to claiming the same about colonial america due to slavery. THEY identified with christianity even if our modern christians feel it necessary to distance themselves from their own history.. Let me remind you that it has been, historically, CHRISTIANS who like to persicute the jews. For some reason I just don't see athiests calling jews christ killers.

Fred Phelps IS a christian even if his opinion on the same dogma is different than your own. Same went with slave owning colonialists and nazis in germany.

The palestinians were forced to leave their homes and land in 1948 by the UN (america england france) not the Arab league....

Absolutely false. The land was supposed to be shared. The U.N. never made the Palestinians leave. It was actually the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem who chose to have his people make that stand rather than share... he said the Jews would be in the sea in three days.

Thier land and homes were taken away unjustly then given to the Jews and Palistine was no more... The innocent palestinians were then forced off their land and homes and sent homeless into the desert...

Again, a total lie.

I think around 1968 the greedy Jews wanted even more. so with our support they took the west bank forcing the palestinians out of their homes and off their land again!

Again, an outright lie... the Jews were attacked three separate times and won land in battle. Should they have lost on purpose? And I say this, of course, as a greedy jew... *rolls eyes*

You can sugercoat and bullshit the matter of which this was done anyway you want, but it was as it was, and it is what it is...p

But what you say it was ... all lies.

There was no palestine. Jews had an equal claim. It's ownership was nebulous at best. All they had to do was live side by side with Jews, but, G-d forbid they should have done that. The U.N. divided the mandate because they had that right over the losers in WWII... sames as they did in establishing Iraq, the UAE and other countries. Funny how only Israel troubles you.

I know one thing... If I was a young Palestinian living in the west bank... I would be killing innocent Jews or doing whatever else it takes to get back the land that rightfully belongs to my Fathers Father... and would be justified in doing so...

So you're a terrorist supporter then? How do you feel about Iraqis who use IED's to express their dissatisfaction with U.S. troops bombing and occupying *their* country?

IF they live in "concentration" camps it is because other Arab nations forced that on them, rather then integrate them into their societies and nations. Further the pals got kicked out of every Arab Country except Lebanon because they tried to take over the countries they were in. Lebanon was in a civil war and never got around to booting their sorry asses out.

The Jews did not force the Arabs to flee in 48, that would be the Arab league threatening to kill any Arab that did not leave for collaberating with the Jews. Perhaps if you had your facts right you could have a real discussion.

and "if they were in concentration camps it is because they refused to leave germany when told to do so" right? Oh, we only suggest that type of thing about muslims.. duh. Way to convey that christian empathy there, Rgs. I mean, no other nation wanted to INTEGRATE with these WUROPEANS either, right? Indeed, we've never heard the same charge about taking over anything about jews either, have we? BOOTING THEIR SORRY ASSES OUT? Hey, I bet Hitler used that same line!

Trust me, dude... YOU, of all people, should go light on criticizing people about their capacity to retain history.

Hey Jillian... do you REALLY want to bust out the quotes? I've still got a few from Ben0Gurion that pretty much sums up the whole zionist escapade for the last 60 years...

Which has nothing to do with the U.N. making Palestinians give up their homes. A total, absolute fucking fabrication.

yea, jillian... It's clear that no one has lost their home for the sake of Israel who is, itself, CLEARLY innocent of being willing to bulldoze homes to make way for more demographics. CLEARLY, this is not illustrated by Ole Dave's quotes saying the exact same.

uh, yea..

You know, SAYING something is a total fabrication really does have as much debate capital as PROVING it!

There was no palestine. Jews had an equal claim. It's ownership was nebulous at best. All they had to do was live side by side with Jews, but, G-d forbid they should have done that. The U.N. divided the mandate because they had that right over the losers in WWII... sames as they did in establishing Iraq, the UAE and other countries. Funny how only Israel troubles you.

Bullshit... See word map pre- 45... You'll see the COUNRTY PALISTINE clearly..

http://www.bartleby.com/67/middle02.html

So you're a terrorist supporter then? How do you feel about Iraqis who use IED's to express their dissatisfaction with U.S. troops bombing and occupying *their* country?

I support terrorist type tactics when justified... Unlike Iraq Palistine was not threatening Nuclear motivations, they were civilians trying to keep what was theirs using sticks and stones against an American created and supported nuclear superpower... In that situation I believe Terror is a perfectly legitamate form of weaponry...

As far as the rest of your othe rebuttles go... Your Jewish ancestry is distorting you ability to see the truth... thats too bad...

Bullshit... See word map pre- 45... You'll see the COUNRTY PALISTINE clearly..

no...you see a piece of geography CALLED Palestine. It was certainly NOT a "country". It was nothing but a chunk of the Ottoman Empire that Britain got to claim as spoils of war.

Palestine was no more a "country" in 1945 than Appalachia was.

Forum List

Back