Israel ready to hit Iran. Who will Obama support?

By supporting Israel in Iran wouldn't the most likely outcome be us sending in troops?
There are about a thousand ways to support Israel in this regard that do not involve US troops.

I have full confidence our technology in anti-ballistic missiles far exceeds the potential nuke technology Iran might have in the future.
Wait... I thought the NMD was a failure, and could never work...?
1.) Yes there are, but I stated my reasons for why certain people wouldn't support the other ways.
Certain people supporting them or not, the fact is there are a great many ways to do so, and so asking about acceptabe US casualties is WAY premature.

2.) You'll have to clarify your second statement. I never said anything remotely like NMD was a failure.
Its a known failure - ask anyone who doesnt think we shoudl have one.

Sad after the failures of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, americans are still bloodthirsty.

How many soldiers need to be killed, physically injured or mentally traumatized for these issues to be dealt with seriously? Rather than just "rah rah rah, get him, being in favor of a war I won't have to fight makes me tough!"

Sad after the failures of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, americans are still bloodthirsty.
How many soldiers need to be killed, physically injured or mentally traumatized for these issues to be dealt with seriously?
Presuming a legitimate exisentential threat?
All of them. That's why we have them.

There are about a thousand ways to support Israel in this regard that do not involve US troops.

Wait... I thought the NMD was a failure, and could never work...?
1.) Yes there are, but I stated my reasons for why certain people wouldn't support the other ways.
Certain people supporting them or not, the fact is there are a great many ways to do so, and so asking about acceptabe US casualties is WAY premature.

2.) You'll have to clarify your second statement. I never said anything remotely like NMD was a failure.

I'm confident supporting a war with Iran would be look more like our handling of the War in Iraq than it would the War in Libya, purely because of size and military in the region.

I'm glad we have one.

I'm confident supporting a war with Iran would be look more like our handling of the War in Iraq than it would the War in Libya, purely because of size and military in the region.
It MIGHT. But, as I said, jumping immeduately to a conversation about acceptable US casualties is premature.

I'm glad we have one.
Me too. It should be expanded.

The Pentagon wanted to install a missile defense shield on the east coast. obama vetoed it and intends to reduce our defensive capability by 80% instead.

Just because we CAN defend, does not mean that the regime will. If you don't like it, get another president in office.
No Obama vetoed missile defense aimed at Russia.
1: You cannot aim a missile defense at anyone
2: The Eurpoean NMD project was not designed to stop Russian ICBMs, and, because of the proposed location of the GBI silos, would be ineffective against them.

1) Yes you can. By building missile defense in certain areas you only protect yourself from missiles coming from certain areas
So come back when you have a clue about the topic

The Pentagon wanted to install a missile defense shield on the east coast. obama vetoed it and intends to reduce our defensive capability by 80% instead.

Just because we CAN defend, does not mean that the regime will. If you don't like it, get another president in office.
So explain why we should defend against countries that have no desire to attack us

You are just wrong.

Armed Services panel backs East Coast missile defense site - The Hill's DEFCON Hill

I may not believe obama but when Iran's leaders say they want to destroy the United States I believe them.

The Commentator - Iran

If you imagine that Iran has no desire to attack us, it's curious where you might get such an idea from?

Who knew that someone proposing building missile defense sites means Obama killed missle defense cites.
The problem here is that you cannot read

Liberals see Israel as the antagonist in all of this, because she has the nerve to exist.
How is bombing countries and killing people equal to existing?
It's fairly apparent you arent capable of having a discussion about Israel without your hatred for Jews rising to the surface and boiling over.

Now, go back to cursing Hitler for not doing enough and leave the discussion of the tiopic to the adults.

Yes you saying its okay for Jews to kill people means I hate jews.
Come back when you argument isn’t “its okay for Jews to kill people but bad for anyone else to kill people”

How many soldiers need to be killed, physically injured or mentally traumatized for these issues to be dealt with seriously?

The only time they've been at war any time recently was decades ago against Iraq and they couldn't even defeat them.

I yawn at a threat from Iran.

I agree that merely beiing against Jews engaging in national self defense doesn't necessarily mean hating Jews. The same people probably are against any form of self defense by anyone.

1: You cannot aim a missile defense at anyone
2: The Eurpoean NMD project was not designed to stop Russian ICBMs, and, because of the proposed location of the GBI silos, would be ineffective against them.

1) Yes you can. By building missile defense in certain areas you only protect yourself from missiles coming from certain areas
So come back when you have a clue about the topic
Irony so thick you need a continental engineer to cut it.
:lol:

The correct answer is,

Who gives a shit.

We have plenty of problems here at home to worry about before we start caring about countries on the other side of the world doing what they have been since the beginning of recorded history.

How is bombing countries and killing people equal to existing?
It's fairly apparent you arent capable of having a discussion about Israel without your hatred for Jews rising to the surface and boiling over.

Now, go back to cursing Hitler for not doing enough and leave the discussion of the tiopic to the adults.

Come back when you argument isn’t “its okay for Jews to kill people but bad for anyone else to kill people”
Hey - the dry cleaner just called; your brown shirts are ready.

The only time they've been at war any time recently was decades ago against Iraq and they couldn't even defeat them.
I yawn at a threat from Iran.
Not sure how this addresses my response.

Don't see Israel doing anything without our permission. They may be "talking the talk", but any final decision has to have our approval. They have to realize who's the junior partner in this alliance and we can't let them make the nuclear decision for us.

Yep you being okay with killing people means im full of it
Oddly this post is more intelligent then the rest of yours

Yep you being okay with killing people means im full of it
Oddly this post is more intelligent then the rest of yours
:yawn:
Tell us you do not hate Jews in such a way that we might believe you.

Last edited:
Liberals truly belive that a nuclear armed Iran, that has vowed to destroy the United States won't really do it if they are allowed to destroy Israel.

If Germany was allowed to destroy Poland, did it mean it would not expand on the rest of the world? Of course not, but there were a lot of people who believed it at the time. A nuclear Iran is not something we can (or anyone can) afford to ignore. Certainly they have to be stopped, and stopped when it won't involve the massive cost that ignoring it will be.

Pseudo-conseratives say stupid shit like this all the time.

Germany was not "allowed" to destroy Poland. The German invasion of Poland started WWII.

Liberals have a varity of opinions on Iran and my guess is most of them do not want to see a nuclear armed Iran.

Forum List

Back