Israel planning super, high-tech attack ship

N

NewGuy

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38805

Posted: June 7, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

Editor's note: Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin is an online, subscription intelligence news service from the creator of WorldNetDaily.com – a journalist who has been developing sources around the world for the last 25 years.

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Israel's plans to build what is described as a high-tech, "super amphibious attack ship" as the cornerstone of a new naval strategy for the 21st century is certain to raise objections in the Arab world, says a report in the latest issue of Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin, the premium online intelligence newsletter published by WND.

According to the plan presented by Gen. Ydidya Yaari, the navy will undertake a new role by introducing a multi-purpose attack ship capable of deploying anywhere in the Mediterranean and with a range of up to 3,200 kilometers.

This newly visualized unit is described as a 13,000-ton ship that will become the largest Israeli navy surface vessel capable of carrying armor, commando troops, helicopters and unmanned drones.

In addition, the navy envisions even more capabilities, such as launching decks for short takeoffs and landings and aircraft including the future U.S. main attack F-35 fighter jet.

The vessel is being developed parallel to planning of the Saar-5-II multi-purpose high-tech battleship, which is already in the blueprint stage with a planned investment of $1 billion. U.S. companies such as Lockheed-Martin and Northrop-Grumman are involved with the plan and are apparently ready to shift to the more ambitious project initiated by Yaari.

Sources in the Israeli navy say Yaari is willing to shelve the Saar-5-II project and to divert a similar budget, and even more, toward the futuristic attack vessel. Israeli Chief of Staff General Moshe "Buggi" Yaalon is now studying all the pros and cons of the proposed project.

More in the article.

More weapons of mass destruction from a middle easterm nation? Where's the US invasion? Oh yeah, Bush's friends in the military-industrial complex will get rich off this macabre scheme so it's hunky dorey.

Originally posted by menewa
More weapons of mass destruction from a middle easterm nation? Where's the US invasion? Oh yeah, Bush's friends in the military-industrial complex will get rich off this macabre scheme so it's hunky dorey.

I thought you claimed to be a Christian.

Originally posted by NewGuy
I thought you claimed to be a Christian.

What kind of Christian would support the implementation of faceless weapons of war. Christ fought battles with love, not tear gas and laser guided warheads.

Originally posted by menewa
What kind of Christian would support the implementation of faceless weapons of war. Christ fought battles with love, not tear gas and laser guided warheads.
John2:12 After this he went down to Capernaum, he, and his mother, and his brethren, and his disciples: and they continued there not many days.
13 And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,
14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
17 And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.

18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

You are rather limited in your capacity for understanding and rationalization of Christian beliefs.

Forum List

Back