Israel may void Oslo Accords in light of PA bid?

The way that the Israeli propaganda machine is talking about the appeal for UN recognition tells me that it is a good idea. Someone needs to force a change through a radical political action.

"We are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it"

"If Israel were to take someone and cut off his head, some of you would post that he still has arms and legs."

If their national purpose is to try to embarrass Israel, perhaps it is the right thing to do, but if they are really after a Palestinian state, it is just another meaningless gesture. When Abbas returns from New York and makes a victory sign because of GA recognition, the Palestinian Arab people will notice that absolutely nothing has changed.

It is not a case of embarrassing Israel and you are right, there won't be any immediate effect for the ordinary citizens of the PA. Not much will have changed on the ground following any recognition but it will mean that the PA will be able to assert itself more effectively at international level as opposed to the current limbo it finds itself in with a constantly stonewalled "negotiation process".

What you are really implying is that the citizens of the PA are better off accepting a more comfortable servitude rather than carry on pushing for a free state. The basis of this being "might is right" rather than natural justice.

The Palestinians think that Israel is theirs. If they try to attack Israel, they will hurt.

bizzes can't get a clue

The Palestinians think that Israel is theirs. If they try to attack Israel, they will hurt.

bizzes can't get a clue

I can't see how people like you can claim that the land that is currently Israel isn't Palestinian. The fact that Europe didn't welcome the Jewish people shouldn't give them the right to come claim land that they hadn't been in control of in hundreds of years. Anyone who can defend the so called "legitimacy" of the State of Israel should be forced to re-evaluate their understanding of history and their beliefs of right and wrong. The decision by the United Nations to form the State of Israel (without the consent of those living in that area) is the greatest blemish in the history of that body. I can't even begin to imagine how much more peaceful the world would be had those living in Palestine at the time been able to make the decision themselves.

bizzes can't get a clue

I can't see how people like you can claim that the land that is currently Israel isn't Palestinian. The fact that Europe didn't welcome the Jewish people shouldn't give them the right to come claim land that they hadn't been in control of in hundreds of years. Anyone who can defend the so called "legitimacy" of the State of Israel should be forced to re-evaluate their understanding of history and their beliefs of right and wrong. The decision by the United Nations to form the State of Israel (without the consent of those living in that area) is the greatest blemish in the history of that body. I can't even begin to imagine how much more peaceful the world would be had those living in Palestine at the time been able to make the decision themselves.

I agree with you except on one point.

It is a common myth that UN General Assembly resolution 181 created Israel. Israel's supporters frequently point to resolution 181 to legitimize Israel. However, resolution 181 was merely a suggestion to be sent to the Security Council for implementation. The Security Council decided not to implement the resolution.

Resolution 181 is a dead issue. It divided no land, defined no borders, and created no state.

bizzes can't get a clue

I agree with you except on one point.

It is a common myth that UN General Assembly resolution 181 created Israel. Israel's supporters frequently point to resolution 181 to legitimize Israel. However, resolution 181 was merely a suggestion to be sent to the Security Council for implementation. The Security Council decided not to implement the resolution.

Resolution 181 is a dead issue. It divided no land, defined no borders, and created no state.

Not like anyone with any morals would use something like that to legitimize Israel's existence... Anyway, thanks for the info.

The Palestinians think that Israel is theirs.
I can't see how people like you can claim that the land that is currently Israel isn't Palestinian.
But we can.
I can't even begin to imagine how much more peaceful the world would be had those living in Palestine at the time been able to make the decision themselves.
Oh, they did - arabs decided to enlarge their holdings at the expence of jewish lives and property and acted same, jews decided to kick their arab arse for it and have a state. Simple, isn't it?

Forum List

Back