Israel may void Oslo Accords in light of PA bid?

CitizenPained

Dissident-Jude
Jul 10, 2011
Denver
link

Sorry, can't find another mention of in an English website...feel free to post if you want.

Since the P.A. has already violated it on numerous occasions (and Israel as well re: settlements but that's always a dispute), it's not that much of a surprise. I believe Arafat already declared them invalid a few times, and the Oslo Accords were supposed to be temporary...we're about 10 years overdue for a peace plan now.

If Hamas & PA want to go unilateral, so can Israel, I suppose. It doesn't look like the PA cared about the Oslo accords, anyway. And Israel kept expanding settlements.

BUT the Oslo Accords outline the PA's authority over the West Bank, their economic/tax authority, their security forces, and a few other things. It's a shaky roadmap to peace, but it's the most-cited one.

Thoughts? Israel has said this before and so has the PA, but now we have a statehood bid here.

At the Taba Summit in 2001, the PA rejected Israel's annexation of settlement blocks (aka 'mutual agreement on swapped territory') so I assume the PA will now feel free to call Gilo, east J'lem, and Ariel their own.

Last edited:
Oslo Accords has been violated by the Israel many times and Palestine should not be swayed by any attempt to intimidate the Palestinians from going to the U.N and asking for recognition. Fascist Israel doesn't want peace with Palestine and they are afraid to give Palestine any recognition.

Israel is a pluralistic society that enjoys a parliamentary system. Hamas is more fascist than Israel. Political Theory 101 is down the hall and to your right.

link

Sorry, can't find another mention of in an English website...feel free to post if you want.

Since the P.A. has already violated it on numerous occasions (and Israel as well re: settlements but that's always a dispute), it's not that much of a surprise. I believe Arafat already declared them invalid a few times, and the Oslo Accords were supposed to be temporary...we're about 10 years overdue for a peace plan now.

If Hamas & PA want to go unilateral, so can Israel, I suppose. It doesn't look like the PA cared about the Oslo accords, anyway. And Israel kept expanding settlements.

BUT the Oslo Accords outline the PA's authority over the West Bank, their economic/tax authority, their security forces, and a few other things. It's a shaky roadmap to peace, but it's the most-cited one.

Thoughts? Israel has said this before and so has the PA, but now we have a statehood bid here.

At the Taba Summit in 2001, the PA rejected Israel's annexation of settlement blocks (aka 'mutual agreement on swapped territory') so I assume the PA will now feel free to call Gilo, east J'lem, and Ariel their own.

Mohammed Yasser Abdel Rahman Abdel Raouf Arafat al-Qudwa al-Husseini (Arabic: محمد ياسر عبد الرحمن عبد الرؤوف عرفات القدوة الحسيني**; 24 August 1929 – 11 November 2004)

Oslo Accords has been violated by the Israel many times and Palestine should not be swayed by any attempt to intimidate the Palestinians from going to the U.N and asking for recognition. Fascist Israel doesn't want peace with Palestine and they are afraid to give Palestine any recognition.

It's German, but it's about rise in settlements since Oslo.
Red line is number of persons in settlements, Blue bar is yearly new constructions.

nahostbulldozerwalzenfr.jpg

The deadline for the expansion of Palestinian autonomy to the West Bank passes without an agreement.

link

They can claim anything they want. Doesn't mean they will get it.

link

Good! Let Israel annex the West Bank and evacuate the Arabs from there and turn the entire area to Israel like it was before the Romans conquered it.

Israel is a pluralistic society that enjoys a parliamentary system. Hamas is more fascist than Israel. Political Theory 101 is down the hall and to your right.

Palestine, too, is a pluralistic society with a parliamentary system except it does not have all those discriminatory laws.

Could you give more details on that Hamas, fascist thing?

It's German, but it's about rise in settlements since Oslo.
Red line is number of persons in settlements, Blue bar is yearly new constructions.

nahostbulldozerwalzenfr.jpg

Those aren't villages though. That has to be actual construction sites, eg, park, house, gas station, etc.

Palestine, too, is a pluralistic society with a parliamentary system except it does not have all those discriminatory laws.

Oh, so they have equal rights under the law? Jews can live there? And serve in their parliament? And they don't have worldwide disputes over who is the PM? And terrorist factions? GET OUT! What shithole ghetto zone was I thinking of?? You mean Hamas doesn't perform honor killings?!?

Oh, so they have equal rights under the law? Jews can live there? And serve in their parliament? And they don't have worldwide disputes over who is the PM? And terrorist factions? GET OUT! What shithole ghetto zone was I thinking of?? You mean Hamas doesn't perform honor killings?!?

Oh, so they have equal rights under the law?

Yep.

Jews can live there?

Yep. About 3000 was the last I heard.

And serve in their parliament?

They can, but they seem to have little interest in politics.

There is no dispute about the PM. The constitution says it is Ismail Haneyah. The liars say it is Salam Fayyad.

"Terrorist" is a meaningless, political, propaganda term.

Honor killings?

Got links?

Last edited:
Leaving that obvious drivelosity unaddressed, as it should be, let us enjoy the fun part of the Oslo accords saga, as presented by Hassane Zerouky. That judophobe writes - "Ahmed Yassin, the spiritual leader of the Islamist movement in Palestine, returning from Cairo in the seventies, established an Islamic charity association [hamas].", "Hamas was fulfilling the functions for which it was originally created: to prevent the creation of a Palestinian State.", - so, it turns out our galactically dumb palistaniards had been loyal followers of an israeli agent, sheikh Ahmed Yassin himself. Hilarious, isn't it?

The way that the Israeli propaganda machine is talking about the appeal for UN recognition tells me that it is a good idea. Someone needs to force a change through a radical political action.

"We are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it"

"If Israel were to take someone and cut off his head, some of you would post that he still has arms and legs."

Last edited:
The way that the Israeli propaganda machine is talking about the appeal for UN recognition tells me that it is a good idea. Someone needs to force a change through a radical political action.

"We are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it"

"If Israel were to take someone and cut off his head, some of you would post that he still has arms and legs."

If their national purpose is to try to embarrass Israel, perhaps it is the right thing to do, but if they are really after a Palestinian state, it is just another meaningless gesture. When Abbas returns from New York and makes a victory sign because of GA recognition, the Palestinian Arab people will notice that absolutely nothing has changed.

I can't see Israel re asserting its authority over the area. All the time they ran it, it was nothing more than a very expensive tar baby.

The Palestianian victory at Oslo was a way of tossing Brother Rabbit (Israel) into the briar patch. No way is brother Rabbit coming out of there again without really good reason.

At any rate, the news has been reporting that earlier comments on voiding the Accords have no merit.

The PA bid in itself 'voids' the agreement, but I don't see Israel fighting to take back as much control as it did before...most people don't want the shithole that is the West Bank. (Well, parts of the Jordan are gorgeous tourist spots and Ariel doesn't count, but you know what I mean.)

Oslo was an interim agreement that started falling apart the minute it was signed.

Oslo died a long time ago. It means nothing.

Clearly it means something if several parts of it are still in force. The Palestinian economy depends on it.

Forum List

Back