Israel Losing Support from Its Biggest Ally: American Evangelical Christians

An opinion piece with some links, so a grain of salt is warranted, but......................

"Figures with deep roots in America’s religious right have launched a quiet effort aimed at pushing evangelical Christians away from decades of growing loyalty to Israel and toward increased solidarity with the Palestinians."

"The campaign by a coalition of religious leaders, international nonprofits, and activists has taken place in recent years largely behind the scenes and away from the prying eyes of the political press — and it’s being driven by a generation of Evangelicals alienated by the way their faith was yoked to Republican foreign policy during the Bush years. Now, organizations like the Telos Group and the large Christian nonprofit World Vision have joined a small army of ministers and Christian opinion-makers working to reorient Evangelicals’ stance on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict — producing documentaries about the plight of Palestinian Christians, providing theological rationale for a more “balanced” view of the issue, and taking Evangelicals on trips to the Middle East."

Israel Losing Support from Its Biggest Ally American Evangelical Christians Washington s Blog

I'm a Christian. I don't put a prefix before that title because the title, "Christian," speaks for itself. As a Christian I focus on Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, my Savior, and Redeemer. I try my best to focus on the tenets of Christianity and live them out in my personal life. I'm far from perfect but I believe I'm a better person today than I was before I accepted Christ.

As a Christian, I reject any and all philosophies, religions, beliefs, opinions, laws, goals, or edicts that oppose Christ or the tenets of Christianity. I believe that the Bible (including and especially the New Testament) is God's Word. I reject any religion or belief that rejects Jesus Christ. So, as a result, I reject both Judaism AND Islam. That being the case, I've never sided with either Israel OR Palestine. However, I feel more sympathy towards the Palestinians at the moment because they are the underdog and the more persecuted of the two. But I don't spend a lot of time mulling that situation over because we have so many problems to contend with right here in the USA. My nation is at the top of the priority list where nations are concerned.

As a Christian, I believe the following passage. Anyone else who claims to be a Christian will embrace this passage as well:

2 Corinthians 6:14-17, "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

Why on planet earth would anyone who claims to be a Christian "yoke" himself/herself with a nation of people who spit on the ground at the very mention of the name, Jesus Christ? I know Christians (even a couple on this board) who will pounce on fellow Christians and slander their name because they don't worship Israelis. It seems very odd to me that a Christian would vehemently defend an anti-Christ people while scratching the eyes out of folks who worship Christ. Strange, that. I'd like to get a glimpse of their priority list. Perhaps they're reading it upside down.

Only reason evangelicals "support" Israel is they want to trigger Armageddon by getting however many Jews into Israel as is required.

This fat, porcine, religiously-delusional disgusting slob needs to be on a vegan diet and run a mile or two every day for at least a year prior to giving advice, particularly religious advice, to anyone. Look at him . . .he's eaten so much meat, and I suspect pork, that he truly looks like a pig and I dare say acts like one and preaches as one. If he is what Christianity is all about, who but an idiot would want any part of it? ~ Susan

I bet his pig affectation puts off the Jews, though they won't admit it.

Hagen is to be blunt a lunatic if he believes what he preaches, or someone after acknowledgement and fame. All those end time preachers have a screw loose if you ask me. I cringe when I see the evans worshipping Israel as if it were their God, and I cringe more when they give money to them. If only they'd realize the reality , that Zionist is a political movement, the Bible is not the word of God but the words of man , and Jesus is not coming back in the clouds.

So which holy book is the word of god then ?

Saw part of a programme last night were a religious group in Asia chanted a mantra along the lines of " Creation happened before man invented the gods "

Are you sure it wasn't "The Gods themselves are later than creation"?

"Human Universe" with Brian Cox.

Only reason evangelicals "support" Israel is they want to trigger Armageddon by getting however many Jews into Israel as is required.

This fat, porcine, religiously-delusional disgusting slob needs to be on a vegan diet and run a mile or two every day for at least a year prior to giving advice, particularly religious advice, to anyone. Look at him . . .he's eaten so much meat, and I suspect pork, that he truly looks like a pig and I dare say acts like one and preaches as one. If he is what Christianity is all about, who but an idiot would want any part of it? ~ Susan

Why not earn an honest living for once in your life, Pishy? Since you are concerned with the shape and weight of people, why not apply for a job at Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig. See how good it will make you feel to earn your own bread. I can just imagine what Pishy DOESN'T say about some fat NAZI.

Are you saying, Housefly, that every relationship in America needs both participants working for taxable wages without one, say, in a household supporting role of the other? ~ Susan
PS Seriously, I do not believe in Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig. Simply eat to your heart's content on a HIGH carb, meatless vegan diet (beans, rice, grain, fruit, vegetables, etc.) and watch your body weight disappear! You owe it to yourself to please, PLEASE Google or search such names on YouTube as John McDougall, Dean Ornish, Caldwell Esselstyn (of the Cleveland Clinic), T. Colin Campbell (author of the China Study), Neal Bernard, etc. It's a difficult diet to be on but it's so, so healthy for you. Given the choice between more time with your loved ones or death . . . which, pray, do you prefer?

Women staying home are usually married in this society. and in these days when the kids are grown they go out to work to help. Those unmarried women, especially those with no children, are happy to be of help to the man supporting them in the household because they then are doing their share and not just freeloading off some guy. A working woman who is helping the household certainly doesn't post around 3 in the morning on some forum. Keep on being a vegan if that makes you feel good about yourself. Speak to a nutritionist about the importance of attaining protein from meat. The other things don't provide the essential proteins a body needs.

Religious zealotry morphs into antisemitism 100% of the time. I knew it wouldn't be long before Christ-stains started lobbying for the destruction (via non-support) of Israel.
Smoking belly button lint is rotting your brain, dude.

Have fun using that as an "argument" in between rounds of Christ-stains shouting "JEWS KILLED JESUS" and claiming "WYATT FOLK R THUH REAL JEWS, DURR HURR HURR!"

I take it that you are a atheist neo Marxist then

If it helps you sleep at nyght, sure.

Religious zealotry morphs into antisemitism 100% of the time. I knew it wouldn't be long before Christ-stains started lobbying for the destruction (via non-support) of Israel.
Smoking belly button lint is rotting your brain, dude.

Have fun using that as an "argument" in between rounds of Christ-stains shouting "JEWS KILLED JESUS" and claiming "WYATT FOLK R THUH REAL JEWS, DURR HURR HURR!"

I take it that you are a atheist neo Marxist then

If it helps you sleep at nyght, sure.

You misspelled "yt."

So we can take it that you don't eat pork as well as not consuming alcohol. Do you refuse to cleanse your hands with the alcohol rub provided at most hospitals for visitors.

I have seen fatter vegans because of the amount of other proteins they need to consume as they don't eat meat

What a vile evil creature you are, so you must be a muslim.....................

Thank you for taking an interest in what I have posted. I consume no meat, eggs, dairy (milk, cheese, ice cream, etc.) nor tobacco and sodas (pop) in my diet, and too, no added salt, oil (of any kind), or sugar (sos). Sooo, since pork is meat, yes, you may take it that I do not eat it; however, I do have an occasional glass of wine which I very much enjoy . . . and no, I do not refuse to use an alcohol hand sanitizer. Since being a vegan would encompass those strictly eating, say, only colas and potato chips, I am sure you have seen some very fat vegans <smile> but providing one eats an equal amount of good carbs, fruits and vegetables she really has no need to worry about protein since this should easily provide 5 to 9 per cent of one's caloric intake which is what human milk provides us when we most need it and that is when we are babies . . . in fact, the worry should be the consumption of too much protein, usually owed to eating too much meat, since it has a direct link to breast cancer (read the China Study by T. Colin Campbell). And no once again, I am not a Muslim . . . I am an Atheist and verifiably so by my board avatar which is the symbol for it. All religion thoroughly disgusts me. ~ Susan
PS I'm sorry that you find me to be a vile, evil creature particularly since I do not find these qualities in you at all . . . in fact, although I may not agree with your posts, many I have found to be very enjoyable to read to get the opposite view on matters. You take care . . . love to you :)

Why not earn an honest living for once in your life, Pishy? Since you are concerned with the shape and weight of people, why not apply for a job at Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig. See how good it will make you feel to earn your own bread. I can just imagine what Pishy DOESN'T say about some fat NAZI.

Are you saying, Housefly, that every relationship in America needs both participants working for taxable wages without one, say, in a household supporting role of the other? ~ Susan
PS Seriously, I do not believe in Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig. Simply eat to your heart's content on a HIGH carb, meatless vegan diet (beans, rice, grain, fruit, vegetables, etc.) and watch your body weight disappear! You owe it to yourself to please, PLEASE Google or search such names on YouTube as John McDougall, Dean Ornish, Caldwell Esselstyn (of the Cleveland Clinic), T. Colin Campbell (author of the China Study), Neal Bernard, etc. It's a difficult diet to be on but it's so, so healthy for you. Given the choice between more time with your loved ones or death . . . which, pray, do you prefer?

Women staying home are usually married in this society. and in these days when the kids are grown they go out to work to help. Those unmarried women, especially those with no children, are happy to be of help to the man supporting them in the household because they then are doing their share and not just freeloading off some guy. A working woman who is helping the household certainly doesn't post around 3 in the morning on some forum. Keep on being a vegan if that makes you feel good about yourself. Speak to a nutritionist about the importance of attaining protein from meat. The other things don't provide the essential proteins a body needs.

Time has past, how do you know for certain that I am still single and not married? I'm sorry I can't live up to your expectations as to how you believe a woman should live and behave in our society for I'm too busy with the roles my partner and I have agreed to live out in our relationship with each other. ~ Susan
PS See a nutritionist you say? Forgive me, but this really is a joke to me. Do your own research but mine has led me to believe that very few nutritionists can agree on anything save for the nutritional doctors I mentioned in my other post to you. Incidentally, President Bill Clinton, came to the same conclusion as I did and now enjoys practically an identical as mine.

I bet his pig affectation puts off the Jews, though they won't admit it.

Doubtful as it is only muslims that seem to have a problem with pigs, many go on to marry them. The Jews don't have any problems with pigs, they just don't eat them because of health reasons.

Hagen is to be blunt a lunatic if he believes what he preaches, or someone after acknowledgement and fame. All those end time preachers have a screw loose if you ask me. I cringe when I see the evans worshipping Israel as if it were their God, and I cringe more when they give money to them. If only they'd realize the reality , that Zionist is a political movement, the Bible is not the word of God but the words of man , and Jesus is not coming back in the clouds.

So which holy book is the word of god then ?

Saw part of a programme last night were a religious group in Asia chanted a mantra along the lines of " Creation happened before man invented the gods "

Are you sure it wasn't "The Gods themselves are later than creation"?

"Human Universe" with Brian Cox.

That's the one, just caught it in passing

An opinion piece with some links, so a grain of salt is warranted, but......................

"Figures with deep roots in America’s religious right have launched a quiet effort aimed at pushing evangelical Christians away from decades of growing loyalty to Israel and toward increased solidarity with the Palestinians."

"The campaign by a coalition of religious leaders, international nonprofits, and activists has taken place in recent years largely behind the scenes and away from the prying eyes of the political press — and it’s being driven by a generation of Evangelicals alienated by the way their faith was yoked to Republican foreign policy during the Bush years. Now, organizations like the Telos Group and the large Christian nonprofit World Vision have joined a small army of ministers and Christian opinion-makers working to reorient Evangelicals’ stance on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict — producing documentaries about the plight of Palestinian Christians, providing theological rationale for a more “balanced” view of the issue, and taking Evangelicals on trips to the Middle East."

Israel Losing Support from Its Biggest Ally American Evangelical Christians Washington s Blog

They long ago lost support from the U.S. Government. And western, liberal Jews long ago attached their hitch to another wagon. In light of those two much more important constituencies, I'm not sure the importance of your post, unless it's just another opportunity for a hater to mention the word "Christian."

So we can take it that you don't eat pork as well as not consuming alcohol. Do you refuse to cleanse your hands with the alcohol rub provided at most hospitals for visitors.

I have seen fatter vegans because of the amount of other proteins they need to consume as they don't eat meat

What a vile evil creature you are, so you must be a muslim.....................

Thank you for taking an interest in what I have posted. I consume no meat, eggs, dairy (milk, cheese, ice cream, etc.) nor tobacco and sodas (pop) in my diet, and too, no added salt, oil (of any kind), or sugar (sos). Sooo, since pork is meat, yes, you may take it that I do not eat it; however, I do have an occasional glass of wine which I very much enjoy . . . and no, I do not refuse to use an alcohol hand sanitizer. Since being a vegan would encompass those strictly eating, say, only colas and potato chips, I am sure you have seen some very fat vegans <smile> but providing one eats an equal amount of good carbs, fruits and vegetables she really has no need to worry about protein since this should easily provide 5 to 9 per cent of one's caloric intake which is what human milk provides us when we most need it and that is when we are babies . . . in fact, the worry should be the consumption of too much protein, usually owed to eating too much meat, since it has a direct link to breast cancer (read the China Study by T. Colin Campbell). And no once again, I am not a Muslim . . . I am an Atheist and verifiably so by my board avatar which is the symbol for it. All religion thoroughly disgusts me. ~ Susan
PS I'm sorry that you find me to be a vile, evil creature particularly since I do not find these qualities in you at all . . . in fact, although I may not agree with your posts, many I have found to be very enjoyable to read to get the opposite view on matters. You take care . . . love to you :)

So not a true vegan then, just a pretend one. To be truly vegan you would not eat or drink anything as everything contains animal proteins in the form of mites, bugs, single celled animals and yeasts. This includes any alcoholic drink that is produced by the yeasts eating the sugars and excreting alcohol.

By too much protein these untrained people mean red meat 3 times a day every day, which so few people do that it is laughable. I eat a balanced diet of mainly fish and chicken, root veg ( green leafy veg is out due to warfarin), nuts cereals and pulses. Very little bread and then it has to be processed ( IBS ), only complex carbohydrates as simple ones don't satisfy as they should. No veg beginning with a p ( high sugar content ), small intake of alcohol and as much exercise as I can tolerate without having painful angina and COPD attacks.

John Hagee, deemed one of the 20 most influential evangelical leaders in America, is an increasingly powerful, fast rising star on the Christian right who has built his career on aggressive support for the Israeli hard political right. In early 2006, Texas pastor John Hagee founded the new, ostensibly "pro-Israel" national lobbying group "Christians United For Israel". But John Hagee's writings, in his latest book, might lead some to doubt Mr. Hagee's love for Jews.

In "Jerusalem Countdown: A Prelude To war" Hagee has stated that Jews brought the Holocaust upon themselves by rebelling against God and that the Holocaust was God's way of forcing Jews to move to Israel where, Hagee predicts according to his interpretation of Biblical scripture, they will be mostly killed in the apocalyptic Mideast conflict Hagee's new lobbying group seems to be working to provoke and which John Hagee believes to be a necessary precondition for the "Rapture" that will lift Christians, but not Jews, bodily into Heaven to enjoy physical immortality amidst paradise.

Pro Israel Christian Leader Blames Jews For The Holocaust

As long as a nutcase supports Israel, a nutcase's antisemitism is just fine for the buzzard with a fancy name.

I know that a condor is a buzzard. You assume that every Christian that supports the Palestinians is a convert to Islam and a female, it appears. Most Christians around the world support the Palestinian Christians, as I do.

John Hagee, deemed one of the 20 most influential evangelical leaders in America, is an increasingly powerful, fast rising star on the Christian right who has built his career on aggressive support for the Israeli hard political right. In early 2006, Texas pastor John Hagee founded the new, ostensibly "pro-Israel" national lobbying group "Christians United For Israel". But John Hagee's writings, in his latest book, might lead some to doubt Mr. Hagee's love for Jews.

In "Jerusalem Countdown: A Prelude To war" Hagee has stated that Jews brought the Holocaust upon themselves by rebelling against God and that the Holocaust was God's way of forcing Jews to move to Israel where, Hagee predicts according to his interpretation of Biblical scripture, they will be mostly killed in the apocalyptic Mideast conflict Hagee's new lobbying group seems to be working to provoke and which John Hagee believes to be a necessary precondition for the "Rapture" that will lift Christians, but not Jews, bodily into Heaven to enjoy physical immortality amidst paradise.

Looks like a slander piece to me. I posted actual video of the man explaining his position maybe you could do the same :thup: "in defense of Israel and the Jewish people":cool: why do you love the mullahs fake Jew? Why do you defend islam? are you a muslim?

Looks like a slander piece to me. I posted actual video of the man explaining his position maybe you could do the same :thup: "in defense of Israel and the Jewish people":cool: why do you love the mullahs fake Jew? Why do you defend islam? are you a muslim?

I agree, given the site it looks like a hatchet piece, but it's not. Are links citing the book going back to its' first printing.

Blogs herald-dispatch.com I Have Issues A Political Blog February 2008
AIPAC Cheers an Anti-Semitic Holocaust Revisionist and Abe Foxman Approves Max Blumenthal
Pro Israel Christian Right Leader Blames Jews For Holocaust Alternet

Forum List

Back