Israel Losing Support from Its Biggest Ally: American Evangelical Christians

montelatici

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2014
An opinion piece with some links, so a grain of salt is warranted, but......................

"Figures with deep roots in America’s religious right have launched a quiet effort aimed at pushing evangelical Christians away from decades of growing loyalty to Israel and toward increased solidarity with the Palestinians."

"The campaign by a coalition of religious leaders, international nonprofits, and activists has taken place in recent years largely behind the scenes and away from the prying eyes of the political press — and it’s being driven by a generation of Evangelicals alienated by the way their faith was yoked to Republican foreign policy during the Bush years. Now, organizations like the Telos Group and the large Christian nonprofit World Vision have joined a small army of ministers and Christian opinion-makers working to reorient Evangelicals’ stance on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict — producing documentaries about the plight of Palestinian Christians, providing theological rationale for a more “balanced” view of the issue, and taking Evangelicals on trips to the Middle East."

Israel Losing Support from Its Biggest Ally American Evangelical Christians Washington s Blog

Only reason evangelicals "support" Israel is they want to trigger Armageddon by getting however many Jews into Israel as is required.

An opinion piece with some links, so a grain of salt is warranted, but......................

"Figures with deep roots in America’s religious right have launched a quiet effort aimed at pushing evangelical Christians away from decades of growing loyalty to Israel and toward increased solidarity with the Palestinians."

"The campaign by a coalition of religious leaders, international nonprofits, and activists has taken place in recent years largely behind the scenes and away from the prying eyes of the political press — and it’s being driven by a generation of Evangelicals alienated by the way their faith was yoked to Republican foreign policy during the Bush years. Now, organizations like the Telos Group and the large Christian nonprofit World Vision have joined a small army of ministers and Christian opinion-makers working to reorient Evangelicals’ stance on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict — producing documentaries about the plight of Palestinian Christians, providing theological rationale for a more “balanced” view of the issue, and taking Evangelicals on trips to the Middle East."

Israel Losing Support from Its Biggest Ally American Evangelical Christians Washington s Blog
Hoss apples! Plus, the Christians are willing to pay your way to Jerusalem next year as they want a Muslim to join them. One condition is that you must leave your Arafart headpiece at home. They don't allow members to wear a tablecloth on their head.

They were at the arena for “Israeli Night,” an event of The Feast of Tabernacles to which Israeli citizens and residents, including 300 Jewish, Christian and Druze IDF paratroopers who served in Operation Protective Edge, were invited as special guests.

The 45 Fijian UN peacekeepers kidnapped in September on the Syrian side of the Golan Heights by the Nusra front, and allegedly freed when Qatar paid a $25 million ransom, were also in attendance.

The Feast of Tabernacles has been presented annually on Sukkot for the past 35 years by the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem, an organization established in 1980 to represent millions of Christians, churches and denominations to Israel and its people. It reaches Christians in 140 countries and has branches in 80.

Thousands of Christians voice support for Israel in Jerusalem The Times of Israel

Religious zealotry morphs into antisemitism 100% of the time. I knew it wouldn't be long before Christ-stains started lobbying for the destruction (via non-support) of Israel.

Religious zealotry morphs into antisemitism 100% of the time. I knew it wouldn't be long before Christ-stains started lobbying for the destruction (via non-support) of Israel.
Smoking belly button lint is rotting your brain, dude.

Have fun using that as an "argument" in between rounds of Christ-stains shouting "JEWS KILLED JESUS" and claiming "WYATT FOLK R THUH REAL JEWS, DURR HURR HURR!"

Only reason evangelicals "support" Israel is they want to trigger Armageddon by getting however many Jews into Israel as is required.

This fat, porcine, religiously-delusional disgusting slob needs to be on a vegan diet and run a mile or two every day for at least a year prior to giving advice, particularly religious advice, to anyone. Look at him . . .he's eaten so much meat, and I suspect pork, that he truly looks like a pig and I dare say acts like one and preaches as one. If he is what Christianity is all about, who but an idiot would want any part of it? ~ Susan

This fat, porcine, religiously-delusional disgusting slob needs to be on a vegan diet and run a mile or two every day for at least a year prior to giving advice, particularly religious advice, to anyone. Look at him . . .he's eaten so much meat, and I suspect pork, that he truly looks like a pig and I dare say acts like one and preaches as one. If he is what Christianity is all about, who but an idiot would want any part of it? ~ Susan

Well that was a stupid, brainless, post... Congratulations post of the year:eusa_clap:

A BLOG from six months ago? Is that all you got? Ha ha ha. My my, are we getting desperate or what?

Why not earn an honest living for once in your life, Pishy? Since you are concerned with the shape and weight of people, why not apply for a job at Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig. See how good it will make you feel to earn your own bread. I can just imagine what Pishy DOESN'T say about some fat NAZI.

Why not earn an honest living for once in your life, Pishy? Since you are concerned with the shape and weight of people, why not apply for a job at Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig. See how good it will make you feel to earn your own bread. I can just imagine what Pishy DOESN'T say about some fat NAZI.

Are you saying, Housefly, that every relationship in America needs both participants working for taxable wages without one, say, in a household supporting role of the other? ~ Susan
PS Seriously, I do not believe in Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig. Simply eat to your heart's content on a HIGH carb, meatless vegan diet (beans, rice, grain, fruit, vegetables, etc.) and watch your body weight disappear! You owe it to yourself to please, PLEASE Google or search such names on YouTube as John McDougall, Dean Ornish, Caldwell Esselstyn (of the Cleveland Clinic), T. Colin Campbell (author of the China Study), Neal Bernard, etc. It's a difficult diet to be on but it's so, so healthy for you. Given the choice between more time with your loved ones or death . . . which, pray, do you prefer?

Hagen is to be blunt a lunatic if he believes what he preaches, or someone after acknowledgement and fame. All those end time preachers have a screw loose if you ask me. I cringe when I see the evans worshipping Israel as if it were their God, and I cringe more when they give money to them. If only they'd realize the reality , that Zionist is a political movement, the Bible is not the word of God but the words of man , and Jesus is not coming back in the clouds.

"A lot of evangelical support for Israel, for example, grows out of certain strains of dispensationalist theology, in which the Jews’ return to Israel is seen as a prerequisite for the Second Coming."
COMMENTARY Why evangelicals love for Jews is a case of unrequited love - Religion News Service

"The Chairman of the Palm Beach County Democratic Party, Mark Alan Siegel, told PatrioticUpdate.com at the DNC: “The Christians just want us [Jews] to be there so we can be slaughtered and converted and bring on the second coming of Jesus Christ…They’re not our friends. They want Israel to pursue policies that are antithetical with its security and existence.”

But Siegel said, “The worst possible allies for the Jewish state are the fundamentalist Christians who want Jews to die and convert so they can bring on the second coming of their Lord. It is a false friendship. They are seeking their own ends and not ours.” "
Do Christians Want Jews to Die So Jesus Will Return D. James Kennedy Ministries

"But the least understood, and probably most important, reason has been missed by most secular analysts. Evangelicals support Israel because of biblical prophecy, including passages that tie the survival of Israel to the Second Coming of Jesus.

According to their reading of the Bible, God established a covenant with Abraham in the Book of Genesis. Essentially, says Beliefnet columnist Richard Land, a Southern Baptist leader with close ties to the Bush Administration, evangelicals support Israel because they believe "God blesses those that bless the Jews and curses those who curse the Jews. Consequently, we believe America needs to bless the Jews and Israel, because if we bless the Jews and support Israel, God blesses us. And if we don't, God curses us."

But it goes beyond that. The establishment--and continuation--of the State of Israel is essential to set the stage for the imminent return of Jesus. At the time of the Second Coming, these Christians believe, Jesus will descend from heaven, subdue all of Israel's enemies and take believers to heaven in what is known as the Rapture--literally, they will ascend to the clouds to be in heaven. This series of events ushers in the end-times. According to conservative Christians' reading of the Book of Revelation, this won't happen unless Israel exists in the Holy Land."
The Rapture Factor - Beliefnet.com

A blog is not a source document, it is just one persons views. But the parishoners are leaving evangelical movement and starting up all over again because they don't like what the committee is doing. So the people still support Israel just not the godless neo Marxists that have taken over

Smoking belly button lint is rotting your brain, dude.

Have fun using that as an "argument" in between rounds of Christ-stains shouting "JEWS KILLED JESUS" and claiming "WYATT FOLK R THUH REAL JEWS, DURR HURR HURR!"

I take it that you are a atheist neo Marxist then

So we can take it that you don't eat pork as well as not consuming alcohol. Do you refuse to cleanse your hands with the alcohol rub provided at most hospitals for visitors.

I have seen fatter vegans because of the amount of other proteins they need to consume as they don't eat meat

What a vile evil creature you are, so you must be a muslim.....................

Are you saying, Housefly, that every relationship in America needs both participants working for taxable wages without one, say, in a household supporting role of the other? ~ Susan
PS Seriously, I do not believe in Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig. Simply eat to your heart's content on a HIGH carb, meatless vegan diet (beans, rice, grain, fruit, vegetables, etc.) and watch your body weight disappear! You owe it to yourself to please, PLEASE Google or search such names on YouTube as John McDougall, Dean Ornish, Caldwell Esselstyn (of the Cleveland Clinic), T. Colin Campbell (author of the China Study), Neal Bernard, etc. It's a difficult diet to be on but it's so, so healthy for you. Given the choice between more time with your loved ones or death . . . which, pray, do you prefer?

Cow flop a high carb diet combined with all the other crap you advocate will soon lead to colon problems and eventually bowel cancer. What is needed is a low simple carb diet with oily fish and lean meat combined with small amounts of steamed vegetables. Beans, rice and grains in small amounts as well but you need meat for the complex proteins and collagen in provides. Do you want to be addicted to man made oil based vitamins for the rest of your life because that is what your diet is leading to.

Hagen is to be blunt a lunatic if he believes what he preaches, or someone after acknowledgement and fame. All those end time preachers have a screw loose if you ask me. I cringe when I see the evans worshipping Israel as if it were their God, and I cringe more when they give money to them. If only they'd realize the reality , that Zionist is a political movement, the Bible is not the word of God but the words of man , and Jesus is not coming back in the clouds.

So which holy book is the word of god then ?

Saw part of a programme last night were a religious group in Asia chanted a mantra along the lines of " Creation happened before man invented the gods "

New Topics

Forum List

Back