Israel Kills 7 Palestinians And Injures 52 In Ongoing Attack On Occupied Gaza

on israeli press one sided coverage of gaza, from the jewish news nosh:

News Summary:
The Israeli headlines read: Four IDF soldiers injured by an anti-tank missile. The Maan News Agency headline was that four civilians were killed and 25 were injured when Israeli tank shells hit a funeral tent. Following the killing of four Palestinian civilians, more rockets were launched over the fence into Israel. Reading the Israeli papers about the escalation between Gaza and Israel, one would never think that the Palestinians may be responding to Israeli killings as well as incursions into their territory. Maariv illustrates the escalation by listing four events between October 23 and November 8th in which Palestinian road mines and rockets injured Israeli soldiers. There is not a word about the killings of two civilians last week, one a 13-year-old boy, who wask killed when IDF moved forces into Gaza sparking a firefight with local militants.

But, then again, on review of today's reports and those from last week, there is almost no mention that Israeli forces ever entered Gaza. In fact, it is usually not reported, except on Maan. It is not clear to this writer, who reviews the news daily, when the IDF started making such regular incursions into the Gaza Strip. Usually the Israeli papers [evasively or unprofessionally? -OH] write "The soldiers were operating near the security fence...," when, in fact, they were operating from the Gazan side. Yedioth mentioned in today's story that the IDF jeep that was hit was indeed inside Gaza and showed it in an illustration. But there was no questioning of the issue. Maariv made no mention of where the soldiers were when they were attacked and Israel Hayom's Hebrew edition actually wrongly wrote that they were "some 150 meters inside Israel." The English edition just writes that they were "patrolling the border." It also reported that Hamas took responsibility for the fire, but did not say why.

They all write that the recent round of violence began when Palestinians fired on the soldiers' jeep on Saturday. Only Haaretz quoted Hamas' military wing saying the attack on the jeep was in retaliation for the death on Thursday of a Palestinian child by IDF fire. \ It was Maan that reported that the killing of 13-year-old Hamid Younis Abu Daqqa happened when four Israeli military vehicles briefly penetrated the southern Gaza Strip on Thursday morning, leading to clashes with Palestinian militants. "Abu Daqqa was killed on Thursday after Israeli forces targeted houses and farms east of Khan Younis, according to Ashraf al-Qidra, a medical spokesman in Gaza," Maan wrote. IDF forces also entered Gaza on Wednesday, Maan reported, noting that 'an army spokeswoman said the vehicles were conducting "routine activity" and she was not aware of the incident of tank fire. A Palestinian man was moderately injured by tank fire in central Gaza on Wednesday, a medical official said.'

There has been no examination or discussion in the Israeli media of this "routine activity." Could Israel's actions inside Gaza perhaps be provoking the Palestinians? Is Israel not responsible for escalation if it enters Gaza and clashes with local militants? If Israel considers the border with Gaza an international border and Gaza an independent entity, then what does it mean that it freely (or not so freely, in light of the response) enters Gaza for "routine (military) activity"? We know what Israel's reaction would be were the tables turned.

Last edited:
Might launch missiles? There are hundreds of missiles being fired every month you blind terrorist **** . What the hell is firing missiles into populated Israeli cities going to accomplish?

toastman,

I am not a supporter of the rocket attacks, I only support nonviolent resistance to the Occupation, but these rocket attacks from Gaza, that rarely kill, are not a justification for the civilian massacres Israel regularly carries out in Gaza.

Sherri

Not responding to those rockets launching will only cause more Israeli harmed civilians.

In the last two days, more than 100 rockets were fired. over 5 houses destroyed, more than 30 Israelis harmed, only 3 of them soldiers, rest of them civilians.

In case people missed the other side of the border, they should know it also exists.
I am learning a lot just by reading these posts. It appears that there are those who believe that no Israeli is a civilian and is thus fair game whileevery Arab is a civilian no matter his behavior. Arab missiles are acceptable responses to Israel but Israeli missiles are unacceptable responses. I have also seen that there are those who see this as an extension of Judaism either directly or via a world Jewish political and financial control. Some see the history of the region beginning in the seventh century but no earlier and some are it as starting in the more recent past but with no particular detail or justification. I have seen standards applied only to Israel and no other country with a disregard for the logic of consistency. I have seen people who engage in absolute deception and falsehood in characterizing Jews and Israel and who will not listen to any contrary discussion because it is tainted by being the POV they disagree with.

Pretty much I see the same 2 dimensional "thinking" here as I have seen elsewhere (with only 1 notable exception who is, thus far, still a mystery to me).

Indeed, the Palestinians responding to Israeli attacks.

The Israeli where responding to the Palestinian attack on IDF vihicle which injured 4.

Surely you didn't think the IDF will ignore the Palestinian attack on 4 soldiers?

This Haslamah was a Palestinian initiative.

I believe that the IDF vehicle was in Gaza.

The Palestinians have the right to defend themselves.

So do we.

but we have not done that over 36 hours. Our tolerance is growing terribly thin.

The Israeli where responding to the Palestinian attack on IDF vihicle which injured 4.

Surely you didn't think the IDF will ignore the Palestinian attack on 4 soldiers?

I believe that the IDF vehicle was in Gaza.

The Palestinians have the right to defend themselves.

So do we.

but we have not done that over 36 hours. Our tolerance is growing terribly thin.

So when your tolerance grows too thin, what do you do? Eat a taco? Or a burrito? :lol:

toastman,

I am not a supporter of the rocket attacks, I only support nonviolent resistance to the Occupation, but these rocket attacks from Gaza, that rarely kill, are not a justification for the civilian massacres Israel regularly carries out in Gaza.

Sherri

Not responding to those rockets launching will only cause more Israeli harmed civilians.

In the last two days, more than 100 rockets were fired. over 5 houses destroyed, more than 30 Israelis harmed, only 3 of them soldiers, rest of them civilians.

In case people missed the other side of the border, they should know it also exists.
I am learning a lot just by reading these posts. It appears that there are those who believe that no Israeli is a civilian and is thus fair game whileevery Arab is a civilian no matter his behavior. Arab missiles are acceptable responses to Israel but Israeli missiles are unacceptable responses. I have also seen that there are those who see this as an extension of Judaism either directly or via a world Jewish political and financial control. Some see the history of the region beginning in the seventh century but no earlier and some are it as starting in the more recent past but with no particular detail or justification. I have seen standards applied only to Israel and no other country with a disregard for the logic of consistency. I have seen people who engage in absolute deception and falsehood in characterizing Jews and Israel and who will not listen to any contrary discussion because it is tainted by being the POV they disagree with.

Pretty much I see the same 2 dimensional "thinking" here as I have seen elsewhere (with only 1 notable exception who is, thus far, still a mystery to me).

It appears that there are those who believe that no Israeli is a civilian and is thus fair game

Even when the definition of protected persons is set out in this way, it may seem rather complicated. Nevertheless, disregarding points of detail, it will be seen that there are two main classes of protected person:...(2) ' the whole population ' of occupied territories (excluding nationals of the Occupying Power).

International Humanitarian Law - Fourth 1949 Geneva Convention

That is not a personal opinion.

sherri: you said

How long is this particular Israeli Gentile killing operation in Occupied Palestine going to continue?

How much blood of innocent civilian Gentiles in Palestine, (the indigenous peoples of Palestine), is enough for Israel?

using the word Gentile in this context puts a different anti semitic spin on what you say

why do you so often do this, please??

looks like the shadow of the christ killing anti jew libel always gets the worst of you, still

despite your "salvation" by jeremiah!!

it seems jesus has failed to save you from anti jewish hatred

you pose as a friend of the poor wretched gazans who need help from the IDF murderers, for sure

but for you its just your excuse ti have a go at jews for killing christ

gaza is a terrible place to be a christian

as is much and more and more of the arab and muslim world

not a squeak out of you about that, or real christian concerns

kvetch,

The targets of this recent escalation of violence in Gaza are Gentiles, nonJews in Palestine, now that is a fact, that is a truth. Speaking the truth is not something I believe I should shy away from doing, no matter who desires that truth to be silenced or however politically incorrect speaking of certain truths becomes. And I do not think speaking Truth makes me Antisemitic or makes me a hating person. In fact, Jesus tells me I will be hated for speaking truth, so I wear criticisms like this as a badge of honor.

I see an Occupation that dehumanizes and hurts and kills as a proper christian concern, the fact that there are other christian concerns does not change that.

Life is hard for Christians in Palestine, but Christians were never promised an easy life. And, if I were a Christian there, I would seek to see each and every single day as a special opportunity to live out the teachings of Jesus in my life. The Christians there face similar challenges to those faced by the earliest of Christians, they face challenges so much like those faced by Jesus Himself, and I can't help but think most Christians who remain are those committed to Jesus the most, who see the truth of all of this. I think about particular Christians in Palestine, Mazin Qumsiyeh, the CPT members. They do not have to stay, they are citizens elsewhere, they have resources to leave, but their love and passion for the people there keeps them there and the callings of Jesus keep them there. Love/God meets all their needs, all they have to do is place their trust completely in Him. And the Blessings that flow from living out the teachings of Christ in a life in Palestine make the sufferings Joy!

Sherri

How long is this particular Israeli Gentile killing operation in Occupied Palestine going to continue?

How much blood of innocent civilian Gentiles in Palestine, (the indigenous peoples of Palestine), is enough for Israel?

using the word Gentile in this context puts a different anti semitic spin on what you say

Good point. However...

Perhaps she should use "Muslims and Christians" since Israel makes no distinction between the two and attacks them equally.
Are you suggesting that it is Christians who are firing rockets from Gaza?

Hollie,

I am not generally seeing human rights groups and NGOs distinquish between Palestinian Christians and Palestinian Muslims, when they address fatalities or attacks, but the comments were all about Israel's attacks on civilians that just killed 5 civilians in Gaza,and injured dozens more of civilians. So, your question is nonsensical. Civilians, being attacked, are by definition not participants in the hostilities, they, whether they be Christian or Muslim, are not firing rockets from Gaza at the time when they were attacked as civilians.

Noone made a suggestion Christians fired any rockets.

Sherri

Good point. However...

Perhaps she should use "Muslims and Christians" since Israel makes no distinction between the two and attacks them equally.

Hollie,

I am not generally seeing human rights groups and NGOs distinquish between Palestinian Christians and Palestinian Muslims, when they address fatalities or attacks, but the comments were all about Israel's attacks on civilians that just killed 5 civilians in Gaza,and injured dozens more of civilians. So, your question is nonsensical. Civilians, being attacked, are by definition not participants in the hostilities, they, whether they be Christian or Muslim, are not firing rockets from Gaza at the time when they were attacked as civilians.

Sherri

i think an interesting study could be done comparing attacks where militants and civilians were killed with attacks where only civilians werre killed.

i can tell you this...if the militant is the target, the obective, than that militant will be killed.

it seems to me though, that there are an awful lot of incidents where only non-combatants are killed and this mysterious alleged militant is nowhere to be found..

Indeed, the Palestinians responding to Israeli attacks.

Lipush,

You are comparing apples and oranges.

Attacks by those occupied on military targets are lawful under The Fourth Geneva Convention. The attacks on the IDF soldiers were completely lawful under international law. Those living under Occupation may lawfully use violence and arms to resist their Occupation under international law, aiming arms at Israeli military targets to their hearts content. They can celebrate their military strikes to their hearts content, as well, and do so fully knowing they were in complete compliance with intl law in carrying out those military operations.

The same cannot be said for Israel's unlawful attacks on civilians and civilian targets in Gaza, these attacks remain, as always, 100% unlawful under The Fourth Geneva Convention.

Sherri

Hollie,

Sherri

i think an interesting study could be done comparing attacks where militants and civilians were killed with attacks where only civilians werre killed.

i can tell you this...if the militant is the target, the obective, than that militant will be killed.

it seems to me though, that there are an awful lot of incidents where only non-combatants are killed and this mysterious alleged militant is nowhere to be found..

reabhloideach,

Let's talk about what this really is, it is deliberate attacks on a civilian population, in response to military strikes by those occupied. There is a word for it, and the word is "collective punishment," and it is specifically identified as unlawful and a war crime under international law. What else describes attacks like attacks on civilian electricity facilities, civilian water facilities, houses, football games and gatherings, civilian businesses, civilian factories, and chickens?

Sherri

Last edited:
Somebody remind me to neg all the assholes quoting the op in full only to post a one-line reply

looks like the shadow of the christ killing anti jew libel always gets the worst of you, still

despite your "salvation" by jeremiah!!

it seems jesus has failed to save you from anti jewish hatred

you pose as a friend of the poor wretched gazans who need help from the IDF murderers, for sure

but for you its just your excuse ti have a go at jews for killing christ

gaza is a terrible place to be a christian

as is much and more and more of the arab and muslim world

not a squeak out of you about that, or real christian concerns

kvetch,

The targets of this recent escalation of violence in Gaza are Gentiles, nonJews in Palestine, now that is a fact, that is a truth. Speaking the truth is not something I believe I should shy away from doing, no matter who desires that truth to be silenced or however politically incorrect speaking of certain truths becomes. And I do not think speaking Truth makes me Antisemitic or makes me a hating person. In fact, Jesus tells me I will be hated for speaking truth, so I wear criticisms like this as a badge of honor.

I see an Occupation that dehumanizes and hurts and kills as a proper christian concern, the fact that there are other christian concerns does not change that.

Life is hard for Christians in Palestine, but Christians were never promised an easy life. And, if I were a Christian there, I would seek to see each and every single day as a special opportunity to live out the teachings of Jesus in my life. The Christians there face similar challenges to those faced by the earliest of Christians, they face challenges so much like those faced by Jesus Himself, and I can't help but think most Christians who remain are those committed to Jesus the most, who see the truth of all of this. I think about particular Christians in Palestine, Mazin Qumsiyeh, the CPT members. They do not have to stay, they are citizens elsewhere, they have resources to leave, but their love and passion for the people there keeps them there and the callings of Jesus keep them there. Love/God meets all their needs, all they have to do is place their trust completely in Him. And the Blessings that flow from living out the teachings of Christ in a life in Palestine make the sufferings Joy!

Sherri
you could have said palestinians or arabs or gazans

instead you said gentiles

that means a different agenda altogether

one you have often slipped into

i agree totally with you about israel's treatment of gaza

you would serve the gazan cause far better by avoiding anti jewish buzzwords

esoecially one that links directly with 2000 years of christain oppression of jews

are you trying to advocate for gaza??

or the other thing???

Last edited:
Good point. However...

Hollie,

Sherri
Sherri -

I think your comments are, as usual, nonsensical. You're hoping to excuse the actions of islamist terrorists who have a demonstrated habit of attacking Israel from positions that explicitly endanger the lives of civilians. This has all been addressed before. Yes, "
Palestinian" civilians due in the cross fire. You may wish to address that with your islamist terrorist heroes.

Hollie,

Sherri
Sherri -

I think your comments are, as usual, nonsensical. You're hoping to excuse the actions of islamist terrorists who have a demonstrated habit of attacking Israel from positions that explicitly endanger the lives of civilians. This has all been addressed before. Yes, "
Palestinian" civilians due in the cross fire. You may wish to address that with your islamist terrorist heroes.

Yes it has, a million times. It is part of Israel's propaganda campaign.

Sherri

Why do you keep using the word 'gentile', sherry? Your filthy anti-semitism is showing again.

AnjelicaT,

Are the victims Gentiles?

Unless your answer to this question is no, all I see here a person who cannot face the truth about Israel's actions in Gaza and/or a person who wants to hide the truth about this from the world.

Well, I have news for you, Truth will always be brought into the Light. And in Truth there is no Hate.

Israel's targets in this most recent Gaza civilian killing operation were all Gentiles, they were all nonJews. And they, Israel, actively try to insure this is always the case, that their targets in Gaza are always Gentiles, by making it illegal for Israeli Jews to travel to Gaza.

Sherri

It appears that there are those who believe that no Israeli is a civilian and is thus fair game

Even when the definition of protected persons is set out in this way, it may seem rather complicated. Nevertheless, disregarding points of detail, it will be seen that there are two main classes of protected person:...(2) ' the whole population ' of occupied territories (excluding nationals of the Occupying Power).

So were the Ottomans an occupying power? And the British and the Mamluks? What nation were they occupying? And did that nation have all the land of the region thus making every citizen of all of Israel a viable target?

I provided links to articles reporting the Israeli attacks on civilians and civilian objects, that resulted in Israel killing 7 in Gaza, that included 5 civilians and three children, and injuring 52.
Sherri

In fact, you gave one link ... the "Palestine" Human Rights Center.
That Mondoweiss link merely reports PHRC's story.
Just as you dismiss the lack of mainstream reports, I dismiss those PHRC "reports" as propaganda.
This 2 hour old Reuter's article states that 6 are dead (not "murdered" as you claim) and 40 wounded, including 4 civilians, in the two-way fighting which includes four days of escalated rocket, mortar and anti-tank fire from Gaza. Hamas admits to taking part in the battle.
More Gaza rockets hit Israel despite truce efforts | Reuters

Hollie,

Sherri
Sherri -

Yes it has, a million times. It is part of Israel's propaganda campaign.

No Princess, it is part of Hamas's propaganda, this time through PHRC, and that of useful idiots like you and Sherri. :D
More Gaza rockets hit Israel despite truce efforts | Reuters

So were the Ottomans an occupying power? And the British and the Mamluks? What nation were they occupying? And did that nation have all the land of the region thus making every citizen of all of Israel a viable target?

I think the deciding factor was when the League of Nations defined the borders of the new state of Palestine.

A dispute regarding the status of the territories was settled by an Arbitrator appointed by the Council of the League of Nations. It was decided that Palestine and Transjordan were newly created states according to the terms of the applicable post-war treaties.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/israel-and-palestine/142497-the-state-of-palestine.html

Some would say that the mandate was a British occupation. Some don't, but it acted more like an occupation than a mandate.

In the "west" it is common to believe that there is Israel and the occupied territories. In the "ME" ot is common to believe that all of Palestine is occupied territory.

The areas of Palestine not occupied by Israel (the Gaza Strip and West Bank) were occupied by Egypt and Jordan respectively until 1967.

1949 Armistice Agreements - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is what Hamas and most of the Palestinians believe. Palestinians call Israel 48 as in 1948 occupied Palestine. Legally, they appear to be correct.

Sherri

Why do you keep using the word 'gentile', sherry? Your filthy anti-semitism is showing again.

AnjelicaT,

Are the victims Gentiles?

Unless your answer to this question is no, all I see here a person who cannot face the truth about Israel's actions in Gaza and/or a person who wants to hide the truth about this from the world.

Well, I have news for you, Truth will always be brought into the Light. And in Truth there is no Hate.

Israel's targets in this most recent Gaza civilian killing operation were all Gentiles, they were all nonJews. And they, Israel, actively try to insure this is always the case, that their targets in Gaza are always Gentiles, by making it illegal for Israeli Jews to travel to Gaza.

Sherri

Now there's an interesting twist on the truth. Gaza's Jewish community was effectively eliminated during and following the 1929 Palestine riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Forum List

Back