Israel is preparing for the next Lebanon war

The Torah

Jos you are welcome to purchase a Torah scroll and flush it down the toilet-----no one would kill you for doing it

Dont need to Buy one, Roudy is gonna do it for free:razz:

How about if he publicly puts it in a oven, then gasses and then cooks it to a crisp? You think anything would happen to him then? In most nations that claim free speech, you'd get arrested for that.

Jos you are welcome to purchase a Torah scroll and flush it down the toilet-----no one would kill you for doing it

How about if he publicly puts it in a oven, then gasses and then cooks it to a crisp? You think anything would happen to him then? In most nations that claim free speech, you'd get arrested for that.

I do not think that a person who buys a torah scroll and "cooks" it should be arrested. Since there is no precedent for those people who have destroyed torah scrolls to BUY them------we don't know. We do know that muslims have stolen and destroyed tens of thousands of torah scrolls and nothing happened to them To what countries are you referring? During their "arab spring" celebrations----Tunsian muslims stole several very ancient hand written torah scrolls (some 2500 years old) and burned them Do you think they should be arrested? Do you think anyone should be arrested for destroying the Buddhist art in Afghanistan? The destructions of stolen art and manuscripts has always fascinated me ----it is like an admission on the part of the pillagers that the culture they hope to "destroy" is superior to theirs ------destruction of stuff a person legally owns-----is an entirely different matter

A reasonable, rational and thoughtful post. I wish I didn't have to view it through the prism of all the "Jewboy" and "****" stuff that rolled so easily off your keyboard in the not too distant past. I disagree with your genocide conclusion, of course, but otherwise you make plenty of common sense. There is no reason to use one human tragedy to minimize another.

I'll agree with Sayit that yours was a reasoned and well constructed post. I think we can all agree that women and children being put in harms way was unfair, cruel and unnecessary. I also think that not proposing alternatives and not assigning responsibility for the innocent deaths was unfair.

To put a finer point on this, Israel is surrounded geographically, politically and ideologically by virulently hostile Arabs / moslems who have repeatedly made attempts to push the Israeli population into the sea by gunfire. The hostile actions by Iranian proxies was just the most recent attack. Let's also study this in the context of Iran being possibly the most Jew haten'est place on the planet. The actions of hezbollah (the diversionary shelling and later kidnapping and killing of Israeli soldiers) were calculated acts. The escalation of hostilities from that point forward was not difficult to predict.

Ultimately, responsibility has to be assessed and assigned. That responsibility must fall to the aggressors: Iran and its paid mercenary army in Lebanon. As is so often the case with Islamic terrorist rabble, hezbollah intentionally put civilians at risk by attacking Israel and then refusing to west uniforms (until after hostilities had ended) and using populated areas to conceal themselves. It's an oft used tactic of Islamic terrorist cowards to attack from civilian areas and then announce the "inhumanity" of dead civilians they had put at risk.

Lastly, if you do a search, there are many reliable articles describing Nasrallah, the head turban in charge of hezbollah admitting his mistake in underestimating the Israeli response. If you're understandably upset by the civilian deaths, assign responsibility where its due and assign accountability to those who provoked war.

i am not quite sure how to respond. lets start simply...

what exactly would you have the gaza insurrectionary forces do, put on bright red coats, march out to the middle of the negev, and put in a call to the IDF and IAF informing them that they are ready for battle? would you mind horribly if they reversed the charges on that call?

many countries and groups have military advisors from other countries. the USA is notorious for sending advisors to other countries.

as for nasrallah (and you may want to knock it off with the "head turban" stuff. there are many people in the region with headgear unique to their ethnicity that can be ridiculed. the teffilin springs to mind). what he said exactly was "We do not think, even one percent, that the capture led to a war at this time and of this magnitude. I'm convinced and sure that this war was planned and that the capture of these hostages was just their excuse to start their pre-planned war, but if I had known on July 11 ... that the operation would lead to such a war, would I do it? I say no, absolutely not." but i am not sure why you would even bring it up. i don't think, when he said that he didn't think "that the operation would lead to such a war' that he was referring to precision bombing and artillery barrages that were designed to spare the lives of non-combatants. i think he probably meant instead that he didn't think the IDF and the IAF acted with an amoral barbarity with ill regard as to the harm it would cause to the civilian population. i could be wrong though. maybe he did mean that the IDF were strac troops who conducted themselves with valor, honour, and the finest kind of military decorum.

(and here is another little tip...there are what, 22 arab states and all arabs are not the same. it would be kinda like someone assuming all jews are hasidim.)

I think it’s important to first define our terms. I’ve never heard Hamas referred to as “gaza insurrectionary forces”. That is, I think, being generous to an Islamic terrorist organization.

“Gaza insurrectionary forces” tends to shield the virulently hateful / genocidal goals of a group that defines and embodies hate.

Have you read the Hamas Charter?

Hamas Charter

Hamas Principles

"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it." (The Martyr, Imam Hassan al-Banna, of blessed memory).

"The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Palestine is an Islamic Waqf consecrated for future Muslim generations until Judgement Day. It, or any part of it, should not be squandered: it, or any part of it, should not be given up. "

"There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors."

There's more but how much more does any need to read before becoming
nauseous?

Otherwise, the rest of post is seemingly drenched in excuses for Nasrallah and his Iranian paymasters who chose to begin war-like actions. As I read your post, your only condemnation is directed at Israel for prosecuting a war they did not begin and did not ask for. I always find it remarkable that many will excuse the actions of groups such as Hezbollah. Nasrallah acted unilaterally, outside of the government he was responsible to in starting the war. Yet you seem to excuse that in favor of condemning the people who were attacked.

Another bit of comedy gold is your statement, “IDF and the IAF acted with an amoral barbarity with ill regard as to the harm it would cause to the civilian population.”
That’s really nonsensical. The airstrikes used by Israel were overwhelmingly performed with precision munitions. The fact that the cowards fronting for Hezbollah chose not to wear uniforms (until after the war ended), you are eerily silent about. Using civilian populations as human shields is standard fare for Islamic terrorist cowards who have no issue with putting civilians in harm’s way.

You have absolutely no clue as the true mayhem that Israel could have caused if they had chosen to unleash their full arsenal of troops and aircraft. The fact is, they showed tremendous restraint.

You began with reasonable comments but it seems you are getting a bit frothy and edging closer to unraveling with a Jew-hating tirade.

Last edited:

I do not think that a person who buys a torah scroll and "cooks" it should be arrested. Since there is no precedent for those people who have destroyed torah scrolls to BUY them------we don't know. We do know that muslims have stolen and destroyed tens of thousands of torah scrolls and nothing happened to them To what countries are you referring? During their "arab spring" celebrations----Tunsian muslims stole several very ancient hand written torah scrolls (some 2500 years old) and burned them Do you think they should be arrested? Do you think anyone should be arrested for destroying the Buddhist art in Afghanistan? The destructions of stolen art and manuscripts has always fascinated me ----it is like an admission on the part of the pillagers that the culture they hope to "destroy" is superior to theirs ------destruction of stuff a person legally owns-----is an entirely different matter

I don't give a shit about Buddhist art, in Afghanistan or elsewhere.
In Germany it's illegal to deny the Holocaust. In a lot of countries, they have laws against hate speech.

In Germany it's illegal to deny the Holocaust. In a lot of countries, they have laws against hate speech.

Besides being vulgar and idiotic-----you comment is meaningless The subject was not even "HATE SPEECH" You proposed burning a torah scroll and asked if someone did it----would he be arrested? Your endorsement of the opened vandalizing of the holy objects and places of OTHER PEOPLE ------is startling Yes In germany there are laws against denying the HOLOCAUST The Germans enacted those laws for good reason------The fact is that DENIAL OF THE ATROCITIES OF THE HOLOCAUST was an actual preoccupation of REMAINING NAZIS in Germany after world war II ------it was virtually a MARKER FOR WHO IS AND WHO IS NOT STILL A NAZI------so what they were outlawing was SUPPORT OF NAZISM In many countries the fact that lyncings and riots and pogroms are galvanized by PUBLIC HATE SPEECHES has led to laws against them. What point are you struggling to make? Try not to openly declare "I DO NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT BUDDHIST ART" someday you may have children ----no child should be exposed to the filth you espouse

And that bothers you? Why? In KSA, it's 'illegal' to hold to any religion other than Islam - does that bother you, too?

Work with me, Ima - I'm trying to find out how to not offend you here.......

And that bothers you? Why? In KSA, it's 'illegal' to hold to any religion other than Islam - does that bother you, too?

I don't care what they do in Saudi Arabia, they're not my problem. But I care about so called democratic countries that profess to have freedom of speech and you can't even deny the holocaust? wtf?

I don't care what they do in Saudi Arabia, they're not my problem. But I care about so called democratic countries that profess to have freedom of speech and you can't even deny the holocaust? wtf?
Denying the Holocaust is considered hate speech. Period.

Exactly my point. Jews don't let anyone contradict them. These days, Muslims want any criticism of Islam declared a hate crime as well, yet, they're denied. Only slagging off Jews will get you arrested. Total double standard and not worthy of a country that says they embrace free speech. Like, so what if I say out loud that the holocaust never happened? So fucking what?

Last edited:

Exactly my point. Jews don't let anyone contradict them. These days, Muslims want any criticism of Islam declared a hate crime as well, yet, they're denied. Only slagging off Jews will get you arrested. Total double standard and not worthy of a country that says they embrace free speech. Like, so what if I say out loud that the holocaust never happened? So fucking what?
The Holocaust happened. Mistakenly, Islam is a cult, a cause and a way of life, and not a religion. IMO.

The Holocaust happened. Mistakenly, Islam is a cult, a cause and a way of life, and not a religion. IMO.

So why would you care if I said it didn't? It's just dumb to arrest people you don't agree with what they said.

Since the Nazis did deliberatly seek to commit genocide against Jews, Roma and whatever 'nonAryan' people were next in line - I don't quite understand your point, Ima???

And, given that so many of the countries where such denial of well-documented fact is illegal, have so very few Jews - it's illogical and unreasonable to be suggesting 'Jews' had anthing to do with such laws in Australia, for instance.

If one isn't going to assert some ridiculous idiocy about 'secret conspiracies and what-not, then one must acknowledge that certain democratic nation-states have chosen to make Holocaust denial criminal for reasons of their own.

Laws against Holocaust denial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2 By country 2.1 Austria
2.2 Belgium
2.3 Bosnia and Herzegovina
2.4 Czech Republic
2.5 France
2.6 Germany
2.7 Hungary
2.8 Israel
2.9 Liechtenstein
2.10 Lithuania
2.11 Luxembourg
2.12 The Netherlands
2.13 Poland
2.14 Portugal
2.15 Romania
2.16 Spain
2.17 Switzerland

3 European Union
4 Prosecutions and convictions

Note that there aren't a heck of a lot of Jews in any of the above countries *except* Israel.
And note that the US is not on the list above - nor is the UK, apparently. Or SA......

So why would you care if I said it didn't? It's just dumb to arrest people you don't agree with what they said.

The concept that jews invented the laws AGAINST "HOLOCAUST DENIAL" is a frequent claim of islamo nazi pigs In fact, it is not true-----Germany invented that law long after most of the jews in Germany were gone. The reason was that Holocaust denial was and is a CAUSE for ISLAMO NAZI PIGS and Germany wanted to outlaw ISLAMO NAZISM. Germany became VERY ANTI NAZI in the post war era almost as PRO NAZI as is Ima

Since the Nazis did deliberatly seek to commit genocide against Jews, Roma and whatever 'nonAryan' people were next in line - I don't quite understand your point, Ima???

And, given that so many of the countries where such denial of well-documented fact is illegal, have so very few Jews - it's illogical and unreasonable to be suggesting 'Jews' had anthing to do with such laws in Australia, for instance.

If one isn't going to assert some ridiculous idiocy about 'secret conspiracies and what-not, then one must acknowledge that certain democratic nation-states have chosen to make Holocaust denial criminal for reasons of their own.

2 By country 2.1 Austria
2.2 Belgium
2.4 Czech Republic
2.5 France
2.6 Germany
2.7 Hungary
2.8 Israel
2.9 Liechtenstein
2.10 Lithuania
2.11 Luxembourg
2.12 The Netherlands
2.13 Poland
2.14 Portugal
2.15 Romania
2.16 Spain
2.17 Switzerland

3 European Union

Note that there aren't a heck of a lot of Jews in any of the above countries *except* Israel.
And note that the US is not on the list above - nor is the UK, apparently. Or SA......

Canada’s Effort to Criminalize Criticism of Israel
Israel’s siege of Gaza has made it a “closed zone” – no access, no exit, cut off from the world. By attempting to shut down criticism of Israel’s practices, Canadian supporters of the government of Israel are creating another “closed zone” in Canada – in which criticism, open debate, and freedom of expression will not be allowed.

Who is doing this? Quietly, without authority from Parliament, an all-party group which calls itself the Canadian Parliamentary Coalition to Combat Antisemitism (CPCCA) has been formed to investigate antisemitism in Canada. Not antisemitism as it is traditionally understood: discrimination against or denial of the right of Jews to live as equal members of society. (Members of this Coalition are well aware that traditional antisemitism exists only among fringe groups in Canada.)

Instead, their focus is on something they label as the “new antisemitism” — which they define as criticism of the State of Israel!
Canada’s Effort to Criminalize Criticism of Israel « Aletho News

http://seriouslyfreespeech.ca/:clap2:

2 By country 2.1 Austria
2.2 Belgium
2.4 Czech Republic
2.5 France
2.6 Germany
2.7 Hungary
2.8 Israel
2.9 Liechtenstein
2.10 Lithuania
2.11 Luxembourg
2.12 The Netherlands
2.13 Poland
2.14 Portugal
2.15 Romania
2.16 Spain
2.17 Switzerland

3 European Union

Canada’s Effort to Criminalize Criticism of Israel
Israel’s siege of Gaza has made it a “closed zone” – no access, no exit, cut off from the world. By attempting to shut down criticism of Israel’s practices, Canadian supporters of the government of Israel are creating another “closed zone” in Canada – in which criticism, open debate, and freedom of expression will not be allowed.

Who is doing this? Quietly, without authority from Parliament, an all-party group which calls itself the Canadian Parliamentary Coalition to Combat Antisemitism (CPCCA) has been formed to investigate antisemitism in Canada. Not antisemitism as it is traditionally understood: discrimination against or denial of the right of Jews to live as equal members of society. (Members of this Coalition are well aware that traditional antisemitism exists only among fringe groups in Canada.)

Instead, their focus is on something they label as the “new antisemitism” — which they define as criticism of the State of Israel!
Canada’s Effort to Criminalize Criticism of Israel « Aletho News

http://seriouslyfreespeech.ca/:clap2:

Since the fascists took over, Canada has gone to shit.

perhaps it would be wise for people to actually sit down and read the language of this legislation that has become known as "holocaust denial laws." in many of the countries that has such laws on their books, the language is very, very broad.

if the truth be told, many of the pro-israeli/zionist posters on this board, were they in these countries and acting in a manner similair to what they exhibit here, would be in violation of those countries laws (you would be in that category, hoss, and hollie and irosie and roudy come to mind-the simple act of calling muslims "animals" would violate the law in many countries). oddly, most of the pro-palestinian posters would be in compliance. of course, no one would be prosecuted, just as very few people in these countries are prosecuted, but that is beside the point.

here is just a couple of such laws...

THE EUROPEAN UNION:
European Union Framework Decision for Combating Racism and Xenophobia (2007)

The text establishes that the following intentional conduct will be punishable in all EU Member States:

- Publicly inciting to violence or hatred , even by dissemination or distribution of tracts, pictures or other material, directed against a group of persons or a member of such a group defined by reference to race, colour, religion, descent or national or ethnic origin.
- Publicly condoning, denying or grossly trivialising
- crimes of genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes as defined in the Statute of the International Criminal Court (Articles 6, 7 and 8) directed against a group of persons or a member of such a group defined by reference to race, colour, religion, descent or national or ethnic origin, and
- crimes defined by the Tribunal of Nuremberg (Article 6 of the Charter of the International Military Tribunal, London Agreement of 1945) directed against a group of persons or a member of such a group defined by reference to race, colour, religion, descent or national or ethnic origin.
Member States may choose to punish only conduct which is either carried out in a manner likely to disturb public order or which is threatening, abusive or insulting.
The reference to religion is intended to cover, at least, conduct which is a pretext for directing acts against a group of persons or a member of such a group defined by reference to race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin.

Member States will ensure that these conducts are punishable by criminal penalties of a maximum of at least between 1 and 3 years of imprisonment

AND...

THE NETHERLANDS:
Article 137c

He who in public, either verbally or in writing or image, deliberately offends a group of people because of their race, their religion or beliefs, their hetero- or homosexual orientation or their physical, psychological or mental handicap, shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding one year or a fine of the third category.

Article 137d

He who in public, either verbally or in writing or image, incites hatred or discrimination against people or incites acts of violence towards people or property of people because of their race, their religion or beliefs, their gender, their hetero- or homosexual orientation or their physical, psychological or mental handicap, shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding one year or a fine of the third category.

perhaps it would be wise for people to actually sit down and read the language of this legislation that has become known as "holocaust denial laws." in many of the countries that has such laws on their books, the language is very, very broad.

if the truth be told, many of the pro-israeli/zionist posters on this board, were they in these countries and acting in a manner similair to what they exhibit here, would be in violation of those countries laws (you would be in that category, hoss, and hollie and irosie and roudy come to mind-the simple act of calling muslims "animals" would violate the law in many countries). oddly, most of the pro-palestinian posters would be in compliance. of course, no one would be prosecuted, just as very few people in these countries are prosecuted, but that is beside the point.

here is just a couple of such laws...

THE EUROPEAN UNION:
European Union Framework Decision for Combating Racism and Xenophobia (2007)

The text establishes that the following intentional conduct will be punishable in all EU Member States:

- Publicly inciting to violence or hatred , even by dissemination or distribution of tracts, pictures or other material, directed against a group of persons or a member of such a group defined by reference to race, colour, religion, descent or national or ethnic origin.
- Publicly condoning, denying or grossly trivialising
- crimes of genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes as defined in the Statute of the International Criminal Court (Articles 6, 7 and 8) directed against a group of persons or a member of such a group defined by reference to race, colour, religion, descent or national or ethnic origin, and
- crimes defined by the Tribunal of Nuremberg (Article 6 of the Charter of the International Military Tribunal, London Agreement of 1945) directed against a group of persons or a member of such a group defined by reference to race, colour, religion, descent or national or ethnic origin.
Member States may choose to punish only conduct which is either carried out in a manner likely to disturb public order or which is threatening, abusive or insulting.
The reference to religion is intended to cover, at least, conduct which is a pretext for directing acts against a group of persons or a member of such a group defined by reference to race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin.

Member States will ensure that these conducts are punishable by criminal penalties of a maximum of at least between 1 and 3 years of imprisonment

AND...

THE NETHERLANDS:
Article 137c

He who in public, either verbally or in writing or image, deliberately offends a group of people because of their race, their religion or beliefs, their hetero- or homosexual orientation or their physical, psychological or mental handicap, shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding one year or a fine of the third category.

Article 137d

He who in public, either verbally or in writing or image, incites hatred or discrimination against people or incites acts of violence towards people or property of people because of their race, their religion or beliefs, their gender, their hetero- or homosexual orientation or their physical, psychological or mental handicap, shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding one year or a fine of the third category.

When it comes to Islam, 'Ol Hoss puts it in the same category as AIDS, bubonic plague and cancer. A lot of people excuse it but I abide by the 1st commandment. Islam, IMO is about as necessary as a tattoo.

July 2012:

"ISRAEL IS PREPARING FOR THE NEXT LEBANON WAR"

The next war will be different, and therefore we should stop it as quickly as possible, in order to make things easier for the home front. This means carrying out a very strong attack against Lebanon, and the damage will be enormous," says a senior officer in the Northern Command.

"The Goldstone report will pale in comparison to what will be here next time. There is no choice but to fight against the enemy where he is, and that is in the heart of a populated area. "
Senior IDF officer: Israel is preparing for the next Lebanon war - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
Pre-meditated War crimes?

wrong. Looks like SYRIA jumped the line...

The article is from last July.
When is this Israeli/Lebanese war scheduled to begin?
Did I miss it?

Forum List

Back