Israel in 'all-out war' with Hamas

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
JERUSALEM (CNN) -- Israel is now in "all-out war" with Hamas, the Palestinian militant group that rules Gaza, Defense Minister Ehud Barak told Israel's parliament Monday.

"We have stretched our hand in peace many times to the Palestinian people. We have nothing against the people of Gaza," Barak said as Israeli warplanes carried out a third day of strikes on the Palestinian territory.

"But this is an all-out war against Hamas and its branches. The restraint that we have demonstrated is the source of our strength when it is time to fight."

Barak: Israel in 'all-out war' with Hamas - CNN.com

So let us assume that they kill EVERY HAMAS terrorist.

Will there then be peace in GAZA?

Maybe, but for how long?

If you want peace with a PEOPLE, you've got to do more than just defeat their warriors.

You've got to win the hearts and minds of those PEOPLE, too.

Otherwise, you end up like England did, fighting the same damned war every generation or two for 700 years.

This will be just a short breather till the next bunch of dolts get organized and armed.

Short of razing the place and following the biblical practice of killing off all those who 'pisseth upon the wall' this will just be constant routine over there.

There is just something wrong with a culture that is so wound up about someone going to a different church that they can't think of anything else.

This will be just a short breather till the next bunch of dolts get organized and armed.

Short of razing the place and following the biblical practice of killing off all those who 'pisseth upon the wall' this will just be constant routine over there.

There is just something wrong with a culture that is so wound up about someone going to a different church that they can't think of anything else.

Totally.

OTOH, it may have to do with economics, too.

Often religion is merely the dividing line between them what has and them what ain't.

If you look at Isreal, that does ALSO seem to be part of what's happening.

Maybe, but for how long?

If you want peace with a PEOPLE, you've got to do more than just defeat their warriors.

Otherwise, you end up like England did, fighting the same damned war every generation or two for 700 years.

We keep asking you Editec. what should Israel do? The only answer you seem to give is they should just absorb attacks OR abandon their country. I wonder why that is?

Personally I think Israel should kick them all out of Gaza completely, every one of the Arabs. Egypt can take them or put them on boats and let them rot at sea.

We keep asking you Editec. what should Israel do? The only answer you seem to give is they should just absorb attacks OR abandon their country.

I have never said that. YOu mischaracterization of my position does grow tiring.

I wonder why that is?

Because you are fucking retarded, perhaps?

Just giving you the benefit of the doubt, of course, you might simply be troll.

Personally I think Israel should kick them all out of Gaza completely, every one of the Arabs. Egypt can take them or put them on boats and let them rot at sea.

Of course you do.

Cause you're a manly man and that's how manly men like you deal with problems they cannot understand.

Go to your room, lad.

Adults are talking here.

that Palestine and Israel be reconnected much in the way east and west germany was. That one single nation rules both people EQUALLY via democratic elections that do not favor any racist element hellbent on racist state policies. By giving palis a stake in Palisrael they can reconnect with the land without harboring such reactive hatred of a people who put them behind a fucking wall and disregards them for the sake of a zionist, racist state. WE, here in America, didn't assimilate a population of post-slaves by throwing them on a reservation and letting them die out. No, WE acclimated them into OUR culture and now former white hating slaves are now proud black americans. The midigating factor is that WE HERE IN THE US are not about to make excuses for racist state policies that favor and perpetuate the dominant authority of white Euros like israel, and all you zionist enablers, insist when trying like confederates to preserve jewish dominance.

now, since I dared to put equality and democracy before your concern of jewish domination of israel be sure to toss me a Scarlet A.

so what exactly IS your position?

How many times have I posted it?

Isreal will not have peace until it win the hearts and minds of the Palestinians.

Now given that there are millions of Palestinians who believe that there are Isrealis living in their homes and on their land (literally, I mean, not figuratively, these people have titles that Isreal refuseed to acknowledge since 1948) I have no idea how Isreal is going to find peace.

One thing I know for damned sure, Jillian.

Israel is not going to find peace at by commmitting acts of war.

Isrealis have forgotten the fighters best advice...never get into a fight with people who have nothing to lose!

Israel is facing a people more than willing to fight for the next fifty years if needed, because they feel aggrieved and (this is important ) INSULTED.

Hey, my sympathies to the innocents of Israel, but the Palestiaian are apparently not going to stop being insanely angry about the fact that European Jews came to their land and took it away from them.

Do YOU have a solution, Jill?

How about you, RGS?

Seems to me all you guys think is going to work is more of the same shit we've seen going on for the last 50 years.

It's NOT going to work.

Breaking news: second Israeli killed today by rocket attacks of the last two weeks!!!

(If anyone cares, 5 young palestanian sisters were killed by Israelie bombs pushing the death toll to over 300)

Breaking news: second Israeli killed today by rocket attacks of the last two weeks!!!

(If anyone cares, 5 young palestanian sisters were killed by Israelie bombs pushing the death toll to over 300)

BREAKING NEWS: HAMAS keep getting Palestinians killed by killing Isrealis.

BREAKING NEWS: HAMAS doesn't give a rat's ass about Palestinians who die just so long as they can stay in power.

You need to wake the fuck up just like Jillian and Zionists need to wake up, sport.

You are being manipulated by warmongering vermin (on both sides) who don't CARE who dies as long as it keeps them in power.

editec said:
sreal will not have peace until it win the hearts and minds of the Palestinians.

Now given that there are millions of Palestinians who believe that there are Isrealis living in their homes and on their land (literally, I mean, not figuratively, these people have titles that Isreal refuseed to acknowledge since 1948) I have no idea how Isreal is going to find peace.

One thing I know for damned sure, Jillian.

Israel is not going to find peace at by commmitting acts of war.
From what I have seen over the years, the hearts of the Arabs, especially the leadership, are as cold as liquid nitrogen, and the heads are as dense as a neutron star.

That there are legitimate grievances out there on the arab side (I am so seriously pro Israel , so YMMV) goes without question. But nursing your grievances only makes them grow. Blaming the Jooooooooooos for your problems is idiotic and counterproductive.

the Arab leadership has turned the Palestinians into a bit of a cargo cult, who will suddenly be rich when the Jooooooooooooooooooooooo (for ($l=1; l=99^99; l++) echo 'o';)ooos go away. You get rich by producing something someone wants. The Palestinians haven't mastered that concept yet. Until they do, they will continue to be miserable. No matter what Israel does to or for them.

I'm curious, why doesn't Hamas need to win over the hearts and minds of Israel? Why don't they care. Same question to terrorists regarding attacks on US, I never saw any case being made to come to your side, why not?

BREAKING NEWS: HAMAS keep getting Palestinians killed by killing Isrealis.

BREAKING NEWS: HAMAS doesn't give a rat's ass about Palestinians who die just so long as they can stay in power.

You need to wake the fuck up just like Jillian and Zionists need to wake up, sport.

You are being manipulated by warmongering vermin (on both sides) who don't CARE who dies as long as it keeps them in power.
:clap2:

Maybe, but for how long?

Right. Regardless of how aggressive an injection is to destroy a disease, it must demonstrate common cause with the body or the body will reject it. I know Israel knows this. Hamas is done for, but Israel MUST demonstrate conciliatory gestures to the everyday people known as Palestinians, lest the Palestinians once again springboard propaganda from aggression and rebuild the terrorist "resistance" under a thrownback or novel name.

Right. Regardless of how aggressive an injection is to destroy a disease, it must demonstrate common cause with the body or the body will reject it. I know Israel knows this. Hamas is done for, but Israel MUST demonstrate conciliatory gestures to the everyday people known as Palestinians, lest the Palestinians once again springboard propaganda from aggression and rebuild the terrorist "resistance" under a thrownback or novel name.

------------------------------------------------------

For generations, in fact, for nearly a century, Arab leaders have used all sources of information to inculcate in their subject peoples an uncompromising hatred of Israel and of Israelis. So long as they continue to do this, there is no possibility that the attitudes of the Arabs in the disputed territories about Israel and Isrealis will change. Hamas is doctrinally committed to the destruction of Israel and with that commitment well known to voters it won an overwhelming victory in the elections two years ago. Even now polls show Hamas runs a close second to Fatah.

It will take at least a generation, and probably more, of new, conciliatory messages from the Arab leaders to their people before the people in the disputed territories will stop following terrorist leaders. Israel needs to accept the fact that for the foreseeable future its security depends on the ability of its military to limit the Arabs' ability to express their hatred violently.

I think Israel is bluffing about entering Gaza. If they do it, their soldiers will be slaughtered by the suicide bombers Hamas will unleash. It will be interesting to see, I guess. I'm a bit worried.

New Topics

Forum List

Back