Israel in 'all-out war' with Hamas

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by Gunny, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Barak: Israel in 'all-out war' with Hamas - CNN.com

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I'm beginning to think that 'all out war' is the only hope of peace in that area. If not 'peace' at least a chance for calm and return for Palestinians that want their children to have a future.

3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    So let us assume that they kill EVERY HAMAS terrorist.

Will there then be peace in GAZA?

Maybe, but for how long?

If you want peace with a PEOPLE, you've got to do more than just defeat their warriors.

You've got to win the hearts and minds of those PEOPLE, too.

Otherwise, you end up like England did, fighting the same damned war every generation or two for 700 years.

4. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    This will be just a short breather till the next bunch of dolts get organized and armed.

Short of razing the place and following the biblical practice of killing off all those who 'pisseth upon the wall' this will just be constant routine over there.

There is just something wrong with a culture that is so wound up about someone going to a different church that they can't think of anything else.

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Totally.

OTOH, it may have to do with economics, too.

Often religion is merely the dividing line between them what has and them what ain't.

If you look at Isreal, that does ALSO seem to be part of what's happening.

6. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,982
    We keep asking you Editec. what should Israel do? The only answer you seem to give is they should just absorb attacks OR abandon their country. I wonder why that is?

Personally I think Israel should kick them all out of Gaza completely, every one of the Arabs. Egypt can take them or put them on boats and let them rot at sea.

7. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    I have never said that. YOu mischaracterization of my position does grow tiring.

Because you are fucking retarded, perhaps?

Just giving you the benefit of the doubt, of course, you might simply be troll.

Of course you do.

Cause you're a manly man and that's how manly men like you deal with problems they cannot understand.

Go to your room, lad.

Adults are talking here.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    so what exactly IS your position?

9. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    that Palestine and Israel be reconnected much in the way east and west germany was. That one single nation rules both people EQUALLY via democratic elections that do not favor any racist element hellbent on racist state policies. By giving palis a stake in Palisrael they can reconnect with the land without harboring such reactive hatred of a people who put them behind a fucking wall and disregards them for the sake of a zionist, racist state. WE, here in America, didn't assimilate a population of post-slaves by throwing them on a reservation and letting them die out. No, WE acclimated them into OUR culture and now former white hating slaves are now proud black americans. The midigating factor is that WE HERE IN THE US are not about to make excuses for racist state policies that favor and perpetuate the dominant authority of white Euros like israel, and all you zionist enablers, insist when trying like confederates to preserve jewish dominance.

now, since I dared to put equality and democracy before your concern of jewish domination of israel be sure to toss me a Scarlet A.

10. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    How many times have I posted it?

Isreal will not have peace until it win the hearts and minds of the Palestinians.

Now given that there are millions of Palestinians who believe that there are Isrealis living in their homes and on their land (literally, I mean, not figuratively, these people have titles that Isreal refuseed to acknowledge since 1948) I have no idea how Isreal is going to find peace.

One thing I know for damned sure, Jillian.

Israel is not going to find peace at by commmitting acts of war.

Isrealis have forgotten the fighters best advice...never get into a fight with people who have nothing to lose!

Israel is facing a people more than willing to fight for the next fifty years if needed, because they feel aggrieved and (this is important ) INSULTED.

Hey, my sympathies to the innocents of Israel, but the Palestiaian are apparently not going to stop being insanely angry about the fact that European Jews came to their land and took it away from them.

Do YOU have a solution, Jill?

How about you, RGS?

Seems to me all you guys think is going to work is more of the same shit we've seen going on for the last 50 years.

It's NOT going to work.