Israel Helping To Save The World, Again

JStone

Rookie
Jun 29, 2011
Warren Buffett
If you go to the Middle East looking for oil, you don't need to stop in Israel. But, if you're looking for brains, for energy, for integrity, for imagination, it's the only stop you need to make"
Warren Buffet on Israel - YouTube

Wall Street Journal: A New Weapon in the Fight Against Superbugs
Researchers in Israel have developed a novel method of restoring antibiotic sensitivity to resistant bacteria, according to a study in the journal Applied and Environmental Microbiology. The process could eventually be used to fight hospital superbugs, researchers said. An estimated 70% of hospital-acquired infections in the U.S. involve bacteria that are resistant to at least one antibiotic.

Using a process called lysogenization, scientists used bacteriophages, viruses that can infect bacteria, to invade resistant bacterial cells and restore their sensitivity to antibiotics. Initial experiments involved E. coli bacteria and the antibiotics streptomycin and nalidixic acid. Genes from mutant or antibiotic-resistant E. coli bacteria were isolated in laboratory cultures and genetically engineered to reverse the resistance mechanism. Researchers then targeted the resistant genes using phages loaded with the engineered genes. This rendered resistant E. coli significantly more sensitive to the antibiotics than control phages carrying mock genes.

Researchers said they expect genetically altered phages can be developed for any bacterium and used in hospital settings to reverse antibiotic resistance in bacteria that cause hospital-acquired infections. Once bacteria are lysogenized, they are less likely to infect humans and perpetuate the cycle of antibiotic-resistance, they said.

Resistance experiments also were conducted with Tellurite, a compound toxic to bacteria. Further treatment with Tellurite would kill bacteria missed by the phages.
The Research Report: A New Weapon in the Fight Against Superbugs - WSJ.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M1c7itPy3Y]Applause - YouTube[/ame]

Israeli poet Itamar Yaoz-Kest, Wrote

Danger,

I want to be a danger,

I want to be a danger to the world,

so that after my destruction, not a single blade of grass will remain on the face of the Earth,

or a single blade of grass for Gunther Grass's pipe,

upon the Earth where, since I was born, I pose a danger to the world.

Because it is my right!

It is my right to live or die while annihilating my annihilators, without riding again as a crying-boy in a transport train,

Into the world-vacuum, while placing my head in the lap of a mother who is disappearing into the fresh air of the Land of Wotan,

and the urine tin darts dark-yellow specks onto the walls of the cabin – like gunshots that spray

a yellowish-reddish liquid from besides the train guards, and among them – maybe – the soldier G.G., also, wearing a steel helmet
Letter-poem to Grass: If We Go, Everyone Goes - Jewish World - News - Israel National News

Last edited:
  • Banned
Jos The Nazi Loser :badgrin:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xU-rJNgoWU&feature=related]Bloody Keyboard Guy - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Vp642ERhM&feature=related]Sound-Effects - Crowd Laughing - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Later in the poem, Yaoz-Kest issues what appears to be a statement of intent along the lines of "the Samson Option":

And so, as the strong light of the Land of Israel enters my home, I turn on the radio and cannot help listening to the sermons of the ayatollahs of Iran and to the words of the respected Iranian minister, who shows the map of the Land of Israel with his two hands, to say: "It is so small… Within six or seven days it can be erased from the map", or in your language: "ausradieren". And here I am listening to the sermons of the imams in the mosques of the Land of Israel and the Arab lands as they declare "ausradieren!", but they are always referring to me and not to you, Gunther Grass.

And yet, there is a right reserved only to us Jews (if indeed any human on Earth has this right): to be destroyed and to take the weary and sated world with us to the non-existence, along with its wondrous libraries and heart-stirring tunes – just so, after we descend to the grave, while the ground emits radioactive rays to all four winds.

Indeed – we have the right! It is mine, too!

For it is the right of the Nation of Israel to finally shut the gates to the world after it leaves this place (not of its free will!), and we have the right to say, at the price of the 3,000 year old fear: "If you force us yet again to descend from the face of the Earth to the depths of the Earth – let the Earth roll toward the Nothingness."

The Samson Option – taking out Israel's enemies with it, possibly causing irreparable damage to the entire world – has been floated by Israeli strategists including Ariel Sharon, as a last-ditch option if Israel faces annihilation.
from the OP link

Rabbi finckvitch said, “The marriage vow most rightly expected to be obeyed is the Wife’s right to enjoy some schwarz action"

Last edited:
  • Banned
Warren Buffett :clap2:
If you go to the Middle East looking for oil, you don't need to stop in Israel. But, if you're looking for brains, for energy, for integrity, for imagination, it's the only stop you need to make"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbX60Pktzsk]Warren Buffet on Israel - YouTube[/ame]

• Banned
Winston Churchill :clap2:
How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.

The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.

No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.
Amazon.com: The River War (9781598184259): Sir Winston S. Churchill: Books

• Banned
A Jewish homeland will be a blessing to the whole world. We owe to the Jews in the Christian revelation a system of ethics, which, even if it were entirely separated from the supernatural, would be incomparably the most precious possession of mankind, worth in fact the fruits of all other wisdom and learning put together. On that system and by that faith there has been built out of the wreck of the Roman Empire the whole of our existing civilization
Amazon.com: Churchill and the Jews: A Lifelong Friendship (9780805078800): Martin Gilbert: Books

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.

The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.

No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.
Amazon.com: The River War (9781598184259): Sir Winston S. Churchill: Books

A Jewish homeland will be a blessing to the whole world.

We owe to the Jews in the Christian revelation a system of ethics, which, even if it were entirely separated from the supernatural, would be incomparably the most precious possession of mankind, worth in fact the fruits of all other wisdom and learning put together. On that system and by that faith there has been built out of the wreck of the Roman Empire the whole of our existing civilization
Amazon.com: Churchill and the Jews: A Lifelong Friendship (9780805078800): Martin Gilbert: Books

So do you JStone accept "the Christian revelation" and accept Jesus Christ as your lord?

So do you JStone accept "the Christian revelation" and accept Jesus Christ as your lord?

Jesus was Jewish, shit for brains. Go to the dunce corner :badgrin:

Jos :badgrin:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Vp642ERhM&feature=related]Sound-Effects - Crowd Laughing - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
The therapy can be injected, sprayed on to the site of infection or swallowed...
:confused:
Phages may be key in bacteria battle
15 March 2013 - They might look like sinister aliens, but these bacteria-munching viruses could be the next weapon in the fight against infectious diseases.
At the Eliava Institute in Tbilisi, Georgia, patients are treated for all kinds of bacterial infections with viruses called phages. In most places in the world antibiotics are given for these infections. One patient says he regularly uses phages to treat a recurring eye infection. "I've tried everything. I've even had operations on my eye but nothing helped. But this does help," he says. Phages are naturally occurring viruses that kill bacteria. Once they get into bacterial cells the phages' DNA replicates until it kills the host. Doctors in Georgia, and in other countries that were in the former USSR, have been using phage therapy for 90 years. But medics and drug regulatory bodies in most places in the developed world have been reluctant to accept that it works.

_66413229_m0900092-bacteriophage_virus-spl.jpg

Now that more and more bacteria have become resistant to antibiotics, the pharmaceutical industry is showing an interest in phage therapy. The director of the Eliava Institute, Dr Revaz Adamia, explains: "In 2008 I had six letters from people in the West asking for help, but now in the last two months I've probably had about 150. "People want to be cured because they are desperate that they cannot be cured with antibiotics. Now they are looking at what they can do and they are coming to us."

Viral broth

Dr Martha Clokie, a microbiologist at the University of Leicester, carries out research into phages that could treat Clostridium difficile infections. She has tried therapy at the Eliava Institute. "When I was in Tbilisi one winter I had tonsillitis, and every six hours I was given broth containing phages, which I gargled. Back in the UK my husband and child had the infection too and they were prescribed antibiotics. We all got better at the same time."

_66413365_c0147229-bacteriophages_leaving_host_cell,_artwork-spl.jpg

The phage hijacks the bacterium turning it into a phage factory

The Institute also has some prepared phage solutions that it has worked out will kill the bacteria that cause common diseases, such as E.coli, which causes stomach upsets. The therapy can be injected, sprayed on to the site of infection or swallowed. Each solution contains many phages, although usually just one attacks the bacteria.

Refrigerators

Forum List

Back