Israel has its terrorists as well

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by DKSuddeth, Aug 16, 2004.

1. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Jewish Extremists Plotting Violence

JERUSALEM — A cache of weapons discovered hidden in caves in the West Bank has raised extra alarm bells among Israel's internal intelligence service because the terrorists are Jewish extremists.

The weapons were stolen from the army by members of the same movement that tried to blow up an Arab girls' school in Jerusalem two years ago using a trailer packed with explosives.

Now the head of Israel's Shin Bet Security Service is warning the rise of extremism on the far right in Israel could lead to the assassination of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, to stop his plan to withdraw Jewish settlements from Gaza.

Israel's minister for internal security has issued a warning that Jewish extremists are again planning to attack mosques in the hopes of igniting a war and halt any peace process.

Itamar Ben Gvir is one of the leaders of the outlawed Kach Movement — followers of the radical Rabbi Meir Kahane. The posters in their office call for expelling the Arabs from Israel. This Jewish group with an office in downtown Jerusalem is listed both in Israel and the United States as a terror group.

Kach's "summer camps" for Jewish teenagers teaches them how to attack soldiers, evade army roadblocks, retake their homes if the army tries to evacuate them and survive police interrogations.

2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I guess some in Israel are starting to think that to survive, you must fight fire with fire. Not sure I can blame them, even though I do not agree with them.

3. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I don't see where the 'extremism' is related to survival. The article clearly states that its about the withdrawal from gaza.

4. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    True. I should have considered that point.

5. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Survival is related to any withdrawl of Israel from Israel.

If President Bush suddenly decided to give Texas back to Mexico, would Texans wanting not to be Mexicans be considered zealots and terrorists if they stored weapons?

6. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Bush has about as much power to give texas back to mexico as I do. Theres this little known clause about texas that says we reserve the right to become our own republic again. yes, our own little nation. so your reasoning on that point is flawed at best.

7. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I know of that clause provided for in Texas' decision to join the Union. Hypthetically Bush, if he so wished, has the ability to pull a Congressional power ploy to disengage Texas from the Union as Sharon has to disengage Gaza and Samaria from the country of Israel.

You have no power whatsover. A senile Bush or Perry could order the US Army to transfer all Texans to another state and allow the Mexicans to move in to the homes and businesses of the previous owners.

As Commander in Chief, Bush has the potential power but it is equally ridiculous to assume the same of Ariel Sharon.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

we already store weapons---we just don't plan on using them on our govt.

a jew living in arab land does not make him an arab

9. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Your first sentence is a bit confusing. Private Texan citizens already store weapons and in some cases explosives. Israeli citizens (some call them zealots or fundamentalists) are accused of planning attacks on the Israeli government leaders but there is no proof or evidence that that these religious Jews are storing weapons for any other purpose than to destroy any Arab terrorists that try to take over existing Israeli suburbs in Gaza or Sumaria. Israel leftist (peace now) government leaders are using a strawdog threat to Israeli leaders by these armed Jews.

An American living in Texas does not make him a Mexican! These examples of Texas or Israel disengaging from the US or Israel lands by government decree were only an analogy to illustrate the ridiculousness of either event occurring.

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I think DKs original point was that there are jewish terrorist prepared to destroy any attempt by the govt. of Israel to work out a land for peace arrangement. You were ridiculous to try to compare this situation to Texas.