Israel eyes austerity after prosperous year

What other Arabs declared after the Six-Day War:

"There are no differences between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. We are all part of one nation. It is only for political reasons that we carefully underline our Palestinian identity... yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity serves only tactical purposes. The founding of a Palestinian state is a new tool in the continuing battle against Israel".
- Zuhair Muhsin, military commander of the PLO and member of the PLO Executive Council -

"You do not represent Palestine as much as we do. Never forget this one point: There is no such thing as a Palestinian people, there is no Palestinian entity, there is only Syria. You are an integral part of the Syrian people, Palestine is an integral part of Syria. Therefore it is we, the Syrian authorities, who are the true representatives of the Palestinian people".
- Syrian dictator Hafez Assad to the PLO leader Yassir Arafat -

"As I lived in Palestine, everyone I knew could trace their heritage back to the original country their great grandparents came from. Everyone knew their origin was not from the Canaanites, but ironically, this is the kind of stuff our education in the Middle East included. The fact is that today's Palestinians are immigrants from the surrounding nations! I grew up well knowing the history and origins of today's Palestinians as being from Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Christians from Greece, muslim Sherkas from Russia, muslims from Bosnia, and the Jordanians next door. My grandfather, who was a dignitary in Bethlehem, almost lost his life by Abdul Qader Al-Husseni (the leader of the Palestinian revolution) after being accused of selling land to Jews. He used to tell us that his village Beit Sahur (The Shepherds Fields) in Bethlehem County was empty before his father settled in the area with six other families. The town has now grown to 30,000 inhabitants".
- An "ex-Palestinian" Arab -

why do you keep quoting from the blog of the italian, alexandro revello?
Because it's the truth, it's convenient, has all the relevent true quotes, and I CAN?

But your italian blogger only posts half a quote, heres the other half
A separate Palestinian entity needs to fight for the national interest in the then remaining occupied territories. The Jordanian government cannot speak for Palestinians in Israel, Lebanon or Syria. Jordan is a state with specific borders. It cannot lay claim on - for instance - Haifa or Jaffa, while I AM entitled to Haifa, Jaffa, Jerusalem en Beersheba. Jordan can only speak for Jordanians and the Palestinians in Jordan. The Palestinian state would be entitled to represent all Palestinians in the Arab world en elsewhere. Once we have accomplished all of our rights in all of Palestine, we shouldn't postpone the unification of Jordan and Palestine for one second.
Zuheir Mohsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But your italian blogger only posts half a quote, heres the other half
A separate Palestinian entity needs to fight for the national interest in the then remaining occupied territories. The Jordanian government cannot speak for Palestinians in Israel, Lebanon or Syria. Jordan is a state with specific borders. It cannot lay claim on - for instance - Haifa or Jaffa, while I AM entitled to Haifa, Jaffa, Jerusalem en Beersheba. Jordan can only speak for Jordanians and the Palestinians in Jordan. The Palestinian state would be entitled to represent all Palestinians in the Arab world en elsewhere. Once we have accomplished all of our rights in all of Palestine, we shouldn't postpone the unification of Jordan and Palestine for one second.
Zuheir Mohsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yeah? Well here is the entire quote from your link. What's the difference? NOTHING. Actually it's worse than I thought. He basically explains why there is a need for this fake Palestinian entity! Thank you for this link. I will research the other quote's authors to embarass you EVEN FURTHER! Ha Ha ha! It doesn't get any better than this, folks!

"Between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese there are no differences. We are all part of ONE people, the Arab nation. Look, I have family members with Palestinian, Lebanese, Jordanian and Syrian citizenship. We are ONE people. Just for political reasons we carefully underwrite our Palestinian identity. Because it is of national interest for the Arabs to advocate the existence of Palestinians to balance Zionism. Yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity exists only for tactical reasons. The establishment of a Palestinian state is a new tool to continue the fight against Israel and for Arab unity.

A separate Palestinian entity needs to fight for the national interest in the then remaining occupied territories. The Jordanian government cannot speak for Palestinians in Israel, Lebanon or Syria. Jordan is a state with specific borders. It cannot lay claim on - for instance - Haifa or Jaffa, while I AM entitled to Haifa, Jaffa, Jerusalem en Beersheba. Jordan can only speak for Jordanians and the Palestinians in Jordan. The Palestinian state would be entitled to represent all Palestinians in the Arab world en elsewhere. Once we have accomplished all of our rights in all of Palestine, we shouldn't postpone the unification of Jordan and Palestine for one second."

Where did you get that information?
That's the historical and factual truth that's well documented. You've seen it before, and as usual you grab your tail and run off to another subject, in typical terrorist supporter fashion.

Not true. Israel's war against Palestinian civilians started long before any Arab country entered Palestine to stop them.

Hundreds of thousands of Palestinians became refugees before any Arab country entered Palestine.
Tinny completely forgets that the Arabs told these "Palestinians" to leave so that they could enter Israel and wipe out the Jews. After they wiped out the Jews, the "Palestinians" could come back and take over the property of the Jews. Meanwhile those Arabs who lived there and actually owned property and businesses stayed in Israel and they prosper today as Israeli citizens Why not talk to some of the Arabs living in Jaffa, Tinny, and ask them why their families stayed. I am still waiting for Tinny to explain to us why the UN said that any Arab in the area for only two years could be considered a refugee. Surely Tinny doesn't think that anyone who has been living in an area only two years is indigenous to the area. When you really get down to it, there were millions and millions of Displaced Persons after World War II who got on with their lives, many very successfully, even though they had to move thousands and thousands of miles away from their home countries, learn a new language, and learn how to adapt themselves to an entirely new culture. On the other hand, these "Palestinians" didn't have to move that far and still speak the same language as the countries they landed in.

jt2

That's the historical and factual truth that's well documented. You've seen it before, and as usual you grab your tail and run off to another subject, in typical terrorist supporter fashion.

Not true. Israel's war against Palestinian civilians started long before any Arab country entered Palestine to stop them.

Hundreds of thousands of Palestinians became refugees before any Arab country entered Palestine.
Tinny completely forgets that the Arabs told these "Palestinians" to leave so that they could enter Israel and wipe out the Jews. After they wiped out the Jews, the "Palestinians" could come back and take over the property of the Jews. Meanwhile those Arabs who lived there and actually owned property and businesses stayed in Israel and they prosper today as Israeli citizens Why not talk to some of the Arabs living in Jaffa, Tinny, and ask them why their families stayed. I am still waiting for Tinny to explain to us why the UN said that any Arab in the area for only two years could be considered a refugee. Surely Tinny doesn't think that anyone who has been living in an area only two years is indigenous to the area. When you really get down to it, there were millions and millions of Displaced Persons after World War II who got on with their lives, many very successfully, even though they had to move thousands and thousands of miles away from their home countries, learn a new language, and learn how to adapt themselves to an entirely new culture. On the other hand, these "Palestinians" didn't have to move that far and still speak the same language as the countries they landed in.

jt2

How much of all of that is relevant to my post?

jt2

Nothing seems to be relevant to your posts, Ethel. Any reply to you is wasted.

jt2

Nothing seems to be relevant to your posts, Ethel. Any reply to you is wasted.

I have noticed that too. Perhaps if you were more observant...

...after a prosperous year? As in: lots of new settlements in the West Bank and good numbers in killing the rock throwing crowd? Percentage of Israelis with assault weapons on the rise? :dunno:

Sympathies and politics aside, it'll be interesting to see how Israel bares up under austerity measures, which, forgive me if I'm wrong, is the first time they've been introduced since her inception. Something tells me they'll set a better example than similarly impoverished nations in southern Europe, from which there's no end to the indignant bitching. In any case, I reckon the Jewish diaspora will be called upon to relieve some of the fiscal pressure.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has long boasted how Israel has avoided the fiscal fate of Spain and Greece, is poised to unveil tough austerity measures likely to hit the underprivileged.

The measures will aim to make up part of the budget deficit that has climbed to 4.0 percent of Israel's GDP -- twice that which was expected for 2012.

And earlier this week, he also suggested the defence budget could rise even further because of regional developments, notably in Syria.

Beyond the increased expenditure, tax revenues have dropped because of slow economic growth, which is 3.1 percent so far this year compared with 4.8 percent in 2011.

Israeli officials also fear that the major international rating agencies, which had hitherto provided Israel with a clean bill of health, will lower their ratings.

Israel eyes austerity after prosperous year - Yahoo! News
If you read all the article, it explains a lot more than the 'gloom and doom' you chortle about.

Sympathies and politics aside, it'll be interesting to see how Israel bares up under austerity measures, which, forgive me if I'm wrong, is the first time they've been introduced since her inception. Something tells me they'll set a better example than similarly impoverished nations in southern Europe, from which there's no end to the indignant bitching. In any case, I reckon the Jewish diaspora will be called upon to relieve some of the fiscal pressure.
It's a lot easier to implement these kinds of programs and changes when you have a population of only 6 million. That's what's lost I think when they start comparing small European countries, to the US, in the health care debate for example.

Forum List

Back