Israel displays coins from ancient Jewish revolt

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Please note in this story that the story says JEWISH coins from the JEWISH revolt against the ROMANS. Nowhere in this story is there anything about Arabs or Muslims from this time period (mostly because Islam did not yet exist). How can Arabs lay claim to a city that they didn't inhabit until nearly 1000 years AFTER the revolt?

My Way News - Israel displays coins from ancient Jewish revolt

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif] JERUSALEM (AP) - Israel displayed for the first time Wednesday a collection of rare coins charred and burned from the Roman destruction of the Jewish Temple nearly 2,000 years ago.
About 70 coins were found in an excavation at the foot of a key Jerusalem holy site. They give a rare glimpse into the period of the Jewish revolt that eventually led to the destruction of the Second Jewish Temple in A.D. 70, said Hava Katz, curator of the exhibition.
The Jews rebelled against the Roman Empire and took over Jerusalem in A.D. 66. After laying siege to Jerusalem, the Romans breached the city walls and wiped out the rebellion, demolishing the Jewish Temple, the holiest site in Judaism.
The coins sit inside a glass case, some melted down to unrecognizable chunks of pockmarked and carbonized bronze from the flames that destroyed the Temple.
"These really show us the impact of the destruction of Jerusalem in the first century," said Gabriela Bijovsky, an antique coin expert from Israel Antiquities Authority. "These are a very vivid, dramatic example of that destruction."
"The most important coins we have are from those last four or five years of the rebellion against the Roman army, and one coin we found was actually minted very close to the destruction of the Second Temple," she said.
The coins were excavated from an ancient street below the Temple Mount, experts said. Archaeologists had to sift through debris and remove boulders thrown off the Temple Mount during the Roman raid before they found the road and the hoard of coins.
Today the Al Aqsa Mosque compound sits atop the ruins of the temples. Muslims refer to the site as the Noble Sanctuary, marking the spot from where they believe the Prophet Muhammad ascended to heaven. The conflicting claims make the site one the most explosive issues in the Israel-Palestinian conflict.
The coins are part of a larger exhibition in Jerusalem's Archaeological Garden, showing a collection of antique coins that have been uncovered over the past three decades.
The exhibition shows not only coins minted in Jerusalem during the rebellion but also European, North African and Persian coins that were found around the holy site from various periods.
"This just shows the international character of the city," Katz said. "It shows the importance of Jerusalem to generations of people ... the importance of Jerusalem never faded away for Jews, Christians and Muslims," she said.
[/FONT]

[
QUOTE=DavidS;1722467]Please note in this story that the story says JEWISH coins from the JEWISH revolt against the ROMANS. Nowhere in this story is there anything about Arabs or Muslims from this time period (mostly because Islam did not yet exist). How can Arabs lay claim to a city that they didn't inhabit until nearly 1000 years AFTER the revolt?

The Arabs suffer from history envy, that's how.

Please note in this story that the story says JEWISH coins from the JEWISH revolt against the ROMANS. Nowhere in this story is there anything about Arabs or Muslims from this time period (mostly because Islam did not yet exist). How can Arabs lay claim to a city that they didn't inhabit until nearly 1000 years AFTER the revolt?
Well you see.....
They want the place, particularly now that Israel has spent years of effort making it habitable.
Read some of the accounts of Palestine before the Jews started developing it; it was a backwater with nothing but a few goats grazing scrubby fields. Not even the Ottoman's, the legitimate rulers at that point, cared about the region.
Then the Jews came in and made something of it and suddenly everybody was from Palestine and they wanted "theirs."

:lol:

yes. clearly, jewish coins from a jewish revolt PROVE that palis have never lived on that land before the carving out of israel.

sure.

:crazy:

why don't you people just start constructing your ironic ovens and be done with it.

Well you see.....
They want the place, particularly now that Israel has spent years of effort making it habitable.
Read some of the accounts of Palestine before the Jews started developing it; it was a backwater with nothing but a few goats grazing scrubby fields. Not even the Ottoman's, the legitimate rulers at that point, cared about the region.
Then the Jews came in and made something of it and suddenly everybody was from Palestine and they wanted "theirs."

How beautiful and habitable was the area in the 40's when the Arabs wanted it ?

yes. clearly, jewish coins from a jewish revolt PROVE that palis have never lived on that land before the carving out of israel.

sure.

why don't you people just start constructing your ironic ovens and be done with it.

Palestine didn't even exist Shogun. Read your history! It was the final Jewish revolt, 300 years after the above mentioned one, in which the Roman conquers renamed Israel into Syriana-Palestinia Provincia. But hey, don't believe me.

I'll make this challenge to you in public. I will give you $500 USD in cash, in $100 bills if you can show me archeological history of an Arab Islamic people named Palestinians BEFORE the destruction of the Second Temple which happened in the year 70. Please note, Islam takes a lot of cues from Christianity and Jesus had passed away 40 years before this. The New Testament had not been written until the year 140, so we have about 70 years until the invention of Christianity.

Please show me undisputed evidence of an Arab Islamic people named Palestinians living in Israel at this time. I would need archeological records of about a million or so living there for at least 1000 years or more. You don't even have to give me your address -- you can give me a PO BOX and I'll send you the $500 in cold hard cash.

Happy researching.

Last edited:

sure.

Palestine didn't even exist Shogun. Read your history! It was the final Jewish revolt, 300 years after the above mentioned one, in which the Roman conquers renamed Israel into Syriana-Palestinia Provincia. But hey, don't believe me.

I'll make this challenge to you in public. I will give you $500 USD in cash, in $100 bills if you can show me archeological history of an Arab Islamic people named Palestinians BEFORE the destruction of the Second Temple which happened in the year 70. Please note, Islam takes a lot of cues from Christianity and Jesus had passed away 40 years before this. The New Testament had not been written until the year 140, so we have about 70 years until the invention of Christianity.

Please show me undisputed evidence of an Arab Islamic people named Palestinians living in Israel at this time. I would need archeological records of about a million or so living there for at least 1000 years or more. You don't even have to give me your address -- you can give me a PO BOX and I'll send you the $500 in cold hard cash.

Happy researching.

The people who owned America before it was colonized weren't called Americans either.

Nowhere in this story is there anything about Arabs or Muslims from this time period (mostly because Islam did not yet exist). How can Arabs lay claim to a city that they didn't inhabit until nearly 1000 years AFTER the revolt?
The arrogant can always make irrational arguments, just wait until the Grand Wizard Shogun enters the thread!

Well you see.....

The Jews started developing the land and developing a function government since the 1860s! The vast majority of the Arabs to that came to the lands came during the white paper days during the British rule when the British put NO rejections on Arab immigration!

Well you see.....

The Jews started developing the land and developing a function government since the 1860s! The vast majority of the Arabs to that came to the lands came during the white paper days during the British rule when the British put NO rejections on Arab immigration!

and how beautiful and habitable was it in 1870?

and how beautiful and habitable was it in 1870?

Hence started! A flower starts as a ugly small seed not as a beautiful lush flower!

This is not to say the Palestinians don't have a valid claim, because they do! However, both parties do! Its not that one cancels the other!

I read a report somewhere that Israel did not get any significant rain until the Jews returned.
Mohammed was a politician and taught his followers to be politicians as well, the land is theirs because it was specially intended for them, just ask them.

sure.

Happy researching.

The people who owned America before it was colonized weren't called Americans either.

The Native Americans had an ethnicity of their own, though for over 10,000 years they lived in North America. The Palestinians didn't have their own ethnicity until 1967.

Jew began settling the area in large numbers in the 1920's when the British had a program to relocate them there. By the 40's it was a far cry from the desolation of the latter Ottoman reign.

sure.

Happy researching.

yea I KNOW! all those historic maps that say PALESTINE were probably written by an antisemite.

I'm not really interested in your strawman, dude. But, feel free to insist that the following was just an effort to supplant jews from their homeland.

:cuckoo:

http://lib.utexas.edu/maps/historical/palestine_1020bc.jpg

Happy researching.

The Native Americans had an ethnicity of their own, though for over 10,000 years they lived in North America. The Palestinians didn't have their own ethnicity until 1967.

:rofl:

and THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is the kind of retarded shit that a jew will say in order to minimize anyone that is not a jew.

BRAVO, dude. BRAVO.

Jew began settling the area in large numbers in the 1920's when the British had a program to relocate them there. By the 40's it was a far cry from the desolation of the latter Ottoman reign.

NONE of which validates the assumptions that the pali people don't count just because it wasn't as polished as we see it today. Hell, talk about cultural emminent domain.

Apparently, if Hitler could have brought a highway to poland then he was validated in TAKING it... Oh.. wait... despite the autobahn we STILL don't use the same bullshit "possession is 9/10" logic for nazis as we do jews. silly me.

Nowhere in this story is there anything about Arabs or Muslims from this time period (mostly because Islam did not yet exist). How can Arabs lay claim to a city that they didn't inhabit until nearly 1000 years AFTER the revolt?
The arrogant can always make irrational arguments, just wait until the Grand Wizard Shogun enters the thread!

Do you REALLY want to talk about irrational arguments and being arrogant given which of us actually supports ethnic equality the likes of which you ironically enjoy here in an ACTUAL western nation, jew? REALLY?

sure.

Happy researching.

yea I KNOW! all those historic maps that say PALESTINE were probably written by an antisemite.

I'm not really interested in your strawman, dude. But, feel free to insist that the following was just an effort to supplant jews from their homeland.

http://lib.utexas.edu/maps/historical/palestine_1020bc.jpg

First of all, the map that was scanned is not 3000 years old. It's probably from the 1940s, in which at that time, Jewish Palestine existed. That is the only time Palestine has ever existed, 1917 - 1948.

If you zoom in on the map, you have several areas, none of them are called Palestine, though. Maybe you should actually look for a map that has the word Palestine written where land is.

New Topics

Forum List

Back