Israel 'cuts Palestinian water'

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Israel 'cuts Palestinian water'

Israel is denying Palestinians access to even the basic minimum of clean, safe water, Amnesty International says.

In a report, the human rights group says Israeli water restrictions discriminate against Palestinians in the occupied West Bank.

It says that in Gaza, Israel's blockade has brought the water and sewage system to "crisis point".

Israel says the report is flawed and the Palestinians get more water than was agreed under the 1990s peace deal

In the 112-page report, Amnesty says that on average Palestinian daily water consumption reaches 70 litres a day, compared with 300 litres for the Israelis

It says that some Palestinians barely get 20 litres a day - the minimum recommended even in humanitarian emergencies.
Amnesty says that Israel denies West Bank Palestinians to dig wells, and has even destroyed cisterns and impounded water tankers.

At the same time, the report claims, Israeli settlers are enjoying swimming pools and green gardens.

In Gaza, Israel refuses access to many of the building materials needed to renovate the ailing water system, the document says.

It adds that Israel uses more than 80% of the water from the Mountain Aquifer - the main source of underground water in Israel and the occupied Palestinian territories.

And when in doubt:

Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev said the report was factually inaccurate, accusing the Palestinians of mismanaging water resources.

I'm sure this is just a terrible mistake on Israel's part right? Bueller? Bueller? :eusa_eh:

Palestinian water authority: 40% of Gazans lack running water - Haaretz - Israel News

This is nothing new however:

Gaza Strip residents Monday moved from worrying about the electricity cuts of the previous 40 hours to worrying about a water shortage. The municipality needs electricity to bring water to homes and the houses need it to pump water to the roof tanks. Hence 40 percent of Gaza Strip homes - 600,000 people - had no running water Monday, the Palestinian water authority said.

When will it end? How many lives must be ruined for people to conduct their religious pissing contest? :eusa_eh:

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Israel 'cuts Palestinian water'

Israel is denying Palestinians access to even the basic minimum of clean, safe water, Amnesty International says.

In a report, the human rights group says Israeli water restrictions discriminate against Palestinians in the occupied West Bank.

It says that in Gaza, Israel's blockade has brought the water and sewage system to "crisis point".

Israel says the report is flawed and the Palestinians get more water than was agreed under the 1990s peace deal
In the 112-page report, Amnesty says that on average Palestinian daily water consumption reaches 70 litres a day, compared with 300 litres for the Israelis

It says that some Palestinians barely get 20 litres a day - the minimum recommended even in humanitarian emergencies.
Amnesty says that Israel denies West Bank Palestinians to dig wells, and has even destroyed cisterns and impounded water tankers.

And when in doubt:

Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev said the report was factually inaccurate, accusing the Palestinians of mismanaging water resources.
I'm sure this is just a terrible mistake on Israel's part right? Bueller? Bueller? :eusa_eh:

Palestinian water authority: 40% of Gazans lack running water - Haaretz - Israel News

This is nothing new however:

Gaza Strip residents Monday moved from worrying about the electricity cuts of the previous 40 hours to worrying about a water shortage. The municipality needs electricity to bring water to homes and the houses need it to pump water to the roof tanks. Hence 40 percent of Gaza Strip homes - 600,000 people - had no running water Monday, the Palestinian water authority said.
When will it end? How many lives must be ruined for people to conduct their religious pissing contest? :eusa_eh:

Where is the water coming from? ISRAEL. Why should ISRAEL give FREE WATER to Arabs who don't even recognize Israel?

Who the fuck cares if a few hundred thousand people die of thirst. Where the fuck are you in the Africa sub-forum talking about how many Sudanese are causing the deaths of millions of Africans, or about the basic needs of tens of million of humans not being met in India or Iran? Why do you single out ISRAEL for NOT giving Arabs who live and breathe daily with new ways to kill Israeli citizens FREE water???

Where is the water coming from? ISRAEL. Why should ISRAEL give FREE WATER to Arabs who don't even recognize Israel?

Who the fuck cares if a few hundred thousand people die of thirst
. Where the fuck are you in the Africa sub-forum talking about how many Sudanese are causing the deaths of millions of Africans, or about the basic needs of tens of million of humans not being met in India or Iran? Why do you single out ISRAEL for NOT giving Arabs who live and breathe daily with new ways to kill Israeli citizens FREE water???

Mmm, David's true colors show. If this was happening to the Jews, you and your pals would be plastering this over every thread on the board. As for Iran, India, and Sudan, that is nothing new. This is a breaking news story, don't like it? Tough.

I don't single out Israel for not giving innocent civilians water to survive. Don't worry David, I understand you see every Arab as a person who wants to see dead Jews pushed in the sea.

Why don't you go start another Anti-Muslim rally? Seriously, you have no problem with the Jews doing this to the Arabs however if someone else does it to anyone else, you get all faux outrage.

Keep it up. This just adds to your list. Like your joke of wanting to see all those innocent arabs wiped off the face of the earth you ignorant fuck.

Who the fuck cares if a few hundred thousand people die of thirst
. Where the fuck are you in the Africa sub-forum talking about how many Sudanese are causing the deaths of millions of Africans, or about the basic needs of tens of million of humans not being met in India or Iran? Why do you single out ISRAEL for NOT giving Arabs who live and breathe daily with new ways to kill Israeli citizens FREE water???

Mmm, David's true colors show. If this was happening to the Jews, you and your pals would be plastering this over every thread on the board. As for Iran, India, and Sudan, that is nothing new. This is a breaking news story, don't like it? Tough.

I don't single out Israel for not giving innocent civilians water to survive. Don't worry David, I understand you see every Arab as a person who wants to see dead Jews pushed in the sea.

Why don't you go start another Anti-Muslim rally? Seriously, you have no problem with the Jews doing this to the Arabs however if someone else does it to anyone else, you get all faux outrage.

Keep it up. This just adds to your list. Like your joke of wanting to see all those innocent arabs wiped off the face of the earth you ignorant fuck.

There is no such thing as an innocent civilian in Gaza.

And even if there were, even if 99% of them were innocent, perfect little Muslims, why should ISRAEL give ITS water that IT owns to ANOTHER country for FREE? Yes, it's terrible that there are people who are thirsty. It's terrible that there are people launching rockets and mortars on preschools as well, yet there are no threads about this from you. There are no threads about any other civilian population dying or being sick except for the Gazans and then you go ahead and blame Israel for it.

If someone asshole came over to your home and killed your son and raped your wife, would you hand him a bottle of water because he looked thirsty? NO! Then why must Israel give FREE water to people who crave to kill millions of Israelis?

And your story was not breaking news. It was an article. Even FoxNews wouldn't consider that breaking news.

Why can't war just be war anymore? You go in, you invade a country, you take its land, it's now your land. None of this bullshit like Gaza and the West Bank. You want the land back, go ahead and try to take it.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as an innocent civilian in Gaza.

Such ignorance. Not surprising however.

Facts, my friend, are not based upon ignorance but rather they are based upon evidence.

26hamas_slide01.jpg

hamasrally483_001.jpg

Facts, my friend, are not based upon ignorance but rather they are based upon evidence.

26hamas_slide01.jpg

hamasrally483_001.jpg

That doesn't prove anything. A Hamas rally drew a lot of people. What do you expect, for people to say no?

Besides, Israel is not exactly helping their case with these people when they use them as human shields and hurt them more 100x worse than Hamas.

I don't think they recognize them as Egyptians.

David knows that. He's playing willfully ignorant. He doesn't care if a bunch of Muslims die. If it were the Jews though? You wouldn't be able to shut him up about it.

26hamas_slide01.jpg

hamasrally483_001.jpg

That doesn't prove anything. A Hamas rally drew a lot of people. What do you expect, for people to say no?

Besides, Israel is not exactly helping their case with these people when they use them as human shields and hurt them more 100x worse than Hamas.

Okay, maybe you need to grab your dictionary and find out more information about what a human fucking shield is, bub.

A human shield can only be used by the subject of the attack, i.e. HAMAS. So let's say you live in a one story house. Hamas comes in and points a gun to your head and tells you to be still. Hamas then moves a rocket launcher in and fires rockets into Israel land. Israel searches and finds the source of the rocket attacks and destroys it -- killing two Hamas terrorists and one civilian.

Now see you sit there and you blame Israel for killing the civilian -- but Israel was just minding its own business until someone launched a rocket at it! And Hamas FORCED the guy to stay in the house! What's worse is the guy had 5 children under the age of 10 who were all killed in the attack! This isn't Israel's fault, this isn't the civilian's fault, this is Hamas' fault! BUT what the Arabs SHOULD have done was NOT vote for Hamas and once they saw Hamas using their people as human shields, they should have overthrown Hamas!

"Elections have consequences."

Why doesn't Hamas get its people who elected them to power, some water? They could start by denouncing violence, and joining the international community instead of existing solely to destroy a neighbor.

Right?

Okay, maybe you need to grab your dictionary and find out more information about what a human fucking shield is, bub.

A human shield can only be used by the subject of the attack, i.e. HAMAS. So let's say you live in a one story house. Hamas comes in and points a gun to your head and tells you to be still. Hamas then moves a rocket launcher in and fires rockets into Israel land. Israel searches and finds the source of the rocket attacks and destroys it -- killing two Hamas terrorists and one civilian.

Now see you sit there and you blame Israel for killing the civilian -- but Israel was just minding its own business until someone launched a rocket at it! And Hamas FORCED the guy to stay in the house! What's worse is the guy had 5 children under the age of 10 who were all killed in the attack! This isn't Israel's fault, this isn't the civilian's fault, this is Hamas' fault! BUT what the Arabs SHOULD have done was NOT vote for Hamas and once they saw Hamas using their people as human shields, they should have overthrown Hamas!

Sure it's easy for a chickenshit like you to talk about overthrowing Hamas from a nice comfy place in New York. You're a fucking joke.

Oh, and stick this up your pipe and smoke it:

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Israel army 'used human shields'

Israeli soldiers in Gaza describe a 'moral Twilight Zone' | McClatchy

So while you may think Israel is innocent in this, FAR from it.

I don't think they recognize them as Egyptians.

David knows that. He's playing willfully ignorant. He doesn't care if a bunch of Muslims die. If it were the Jews though? You wouldn't be able to shut him up about it.

Correction: I don't care if a bunch of terrorists die. Actually, I do care. It would be fantastic. The more the merrier.

Now, do I care if hundreds of innocent MUSLIM civilians die? Of course. That would be tragic. But what you define as an innocent civilian, I define as a supporter of terrorism. Citizens have overthrown dictators in the past and there are more of the Muslim civilians in Gaza than there are Hamas members -- why don't these people just overthrow Hamas and elect a leader that wants peace with Israel? Israel has elected for the past 20 years someone who runs on a platform of achieving peace with its Arab neighbors in the West Bank and Gaza -- but the Arabs elect leaders who promise to destroy Israel.

And you wonder why Israel won't send them any water?

Sure it's easy for a chickenshit like you to talk about overthrowing Hamas from a nice comfy place in New York. You're a fucking joke.

Oh, and stick this up your pipe and smoke it:

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Israel army 'used human shields'

Israeli soldiers in Gaza describe a 'moral Twilight Zone' | McClatchy

So while you may think Israel is innocent in this, FAR from it.

Great -- send me biased links! Fantastic!

Your sources aren't objective and therefore, false.

That's like asking Sean Hannity to write a column on how wonderful Obama is.

Correction: I don't care if a bunch of terrorists die. Actually, I do care. It would be fantastic. The more the merrier.

Now, do I care if hundreds of innocent MUSLIM civilians die? Of course. That would be tragic. But what you define as an innocent civilian, I define as a supporter of terrorism. Citizens have overthrown dictators in the past and there are more of the Muslim civilians in Gaza than there are Hamas members -- why don't these people just overthrow Hamas and elect a leader that wants peace with Israel? Israel has elected for the past 20 years someone who runs on a platform of achieving peace with its Arab neighbors in the West Bank and Gaza -- but the Arabs elect leaders who promise to destroy Israel.

And you wonder why Israel won't send them any water?

It comes down to one big question, who has the guns? I'm willing to bet that answer is Hamas.

As for Israel wanting peace with it's neighbors? Bombing them back to the stone age isn't the way to go about things. Again, chickenshit you talk about overthrow from where you are. Why don't you go pick up a gun and go help them since you're so hung ho about it?

Great -- send me biased links! Fantastic!

Your sources aren't objective and therefore, false.

That's like asking Sean Hannity to write a column on how wonderful Obama is.

Anyone who dares speaks anything against Israel is biased huh David?

Forum List

Back