Israel attacks U.S. Warship ~ Kills 34 US Soldiers, Wounds 171

Were you aware of this attack before reading this thread/watching the videos posted?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Reasoning

Apr 15, 2010
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxc08NC87CU]YouTube - Deliberate Massacre of US Sailors on USS Liberty Covered By Fox W/Commentary From CIA Analyst[/ame]

Dead In The Water - The Sinking of the USS Liberty

The USS Liberty incident was an attack on a United States Navy technical research ship, USS Liberty, by Israeli Air Force jet fighter planes and motor torpedo boats, on June 8, 1967.

The combined air and sea attack killed 34 crew members (naval officers, seamen, two Marines, and a civilian), wounded 171 crew members, and severely damaged the ship.

At the time, the ship was in international waters.

Both the Israeli and U.S. governments conducted inquiries into the incident, and issued reports, which concluded that the attack was a mistake, due to Israeli confusion about the identity of the USS Liberty.

Some U.S. diplomats, veterans and intelligence officials involved in the incident continue to dispute these official findings, saying the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty was not a mistake, and it remains the only major maritime incident in U.S. history not investigated by the U.S. Congress.

USS Liberty incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dead In The Water - The Sinking of the USS Liberty

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxc08NC87CU]YouTube - Deliberate Massacre of US Sailors on USS Liberty Covered By Fox W/Commentary From CIA Analyst[/ame]

yeah well in 1767 we killed a bunch of Brits, hope they are over it by now.

yeah well in 1767 we killed a bunch of Brits, hope they are over it by now.

Fighting against an oppressive regime for freedom and attacking the war ship of an ally and then shoving it under the rug are clearly the same thing.

:clap2:

I reported the OP asking for it to be moved to the generic politics section.

Since we are talking about history.

The following is a list of how many people were killed on Dec. 7, 1941 as a result of the Japanese attack upon Pearl Harbor.

* US Navy 2,008 KIA
* USMC 109 KIA
* US Army 218 KIA
* Civilians 68

Total 2,403
Close to 2/3 of those who died occurred in the first 15 minutes of the battle when the Oklahoma, Utah and the Arizona were bombed.

We buy cars and electronics from them now. Did you like your walkman?

Tell me how long is long enough?

Last edited:

The following is a list of how many people were killed on Dec. 7, 1941 as a result of the Japanese attack upon Pearl Harbor.

* US Navy 2,008 KIA
* USMC 109 KIA
* US Army 218 KIA
* Civilians 68

Total 2,403
Close to 2/3 of those who died occurred in the first 15 minutes of the battle when the Oklahoma, Utah and the Arizona were bombed.

We buy cars from them now.

I'm pretty sure that Japans aggression was addressed.

* US Navy 2,008 KIA
* USMC 109 KIA
* US Army 218 KIA
* Civilians 68

Total 2,403

Yeah, in response, we nuked them twice. So by using your logic, we should nuke Israel twice.

That was quite the failure of a example. :lol:

* US Navy 2,008 KIA
* USMC 109 KIA
* US Army 218 KIA
* Civilians 68

Total 2,403

Yeah, in response, we nuked them twice. So by using your logic, we should nuke Israel twice.

That was quite the failure of a example. :lol:

Can we nuke this thread?

Can we nuke this thread?

Any particular reason? This isn't the first or last thread on this topic. Hell, the entire Israel/Pali subforum is just one emotional mess filled with Godwin, half truths, lies, bigotry on both sides by various members, and few actual factual debating.

Can we nuke this thread?

Any particular reason? This isn't the first or last thread on this topic. Hell, the entire Israel/Pali subforum is just one emotional mess filled with Godwin, half truths, lies, bigotry on both sides by various members, and few actual factual debating.

I guess I need to spend more time in the Middle East Subforum adjusting to the G-forces necessary to withstand these extreme Spirals of Silliness

Forum List

Back