Israel attacks Gaza fishermen

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RbtKW1hhQw&feature=player_embedded]‪Israeli Navy attacks Palestinian Fishermen in Gaza‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

warning shots to tell them to get out of their seas. i dont see the problem. carry on.

also lol 2008.

Last edited:
Maybe those fishermen should take up farming.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSECq3kxT4I&feature=related]‪Israeli Military Shoot Gaza Farmer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe not.

i dont see any blood, they were faking it, it was warning shots.

A warning shot is a military term describing harmless artillery shot or gunshot intended to call attention and demand some action of compliance. It is recognised as signalling intended confrontations on land, sea and air.

As an analogy, "warning shot" can be said of any action of declaration, especially a demonstration of power, intended or perceived as a last warning before hostile measures.

-wikipedia

i dont see any blood, they were faking it, it was warning shots.

A warning shot is a military term describing harmless artillery shot or gunshot intended to call attention and demand some action of compliance. It is recognised as signalling intended confrontations on land, sea and air.

As an analogy, "warning shot" can be said of any action of declaration, especially a demonstration of power, intended or perceived as a last warning before hostile measures.

-wikipedia

Warning them not to make a living.

Arseholes!

dude, you are mixed up...i know israel first hand they just want to live...you are the one brainwashed, man. thats why i lol'd.

dude, you are mixed up...i know israel first hand they just want to live...you are the one brainwashed, man. thats why i lol'd.

Sure, they just want to live on someone else's land.

There is nothing new here.

i dont see any blood, they were faking it, it was warning shots. A warning shot is a military term describing harmless artillery shot or gunshot intended to call attention and demand some action of compliance. It is recognised as signalling intended confrontations on land, sea and air.

Warning them not to make a living.
Warning them not to make a dying. Very humanitarian, indeed.

By Eva Bartlett- “Farmed fish are now better than sea fish in Gaza. They shouldn’t be, but because of the sewage in Gaza’s sea and the Israeli fishing restrictions, farmed fish are cleaner and healthier than sea fish.”

“It is almost impossible for our fishermen to fish in the sea, so fish farms provide another source of salt water fish.”

Compared to the late 1990s, before the Israeli-led siege choking Gaza since Hamas’s election in 2006, fishermen’s catches are meagre, from a former over 3,500 tons per year to the current less than 500 tons a year. Fishermen, forced by Israeli gunfire to fish within less than three miles, at the same time deplete future stocks of fish.

The greatest problem was the complete destruction of the Ekhail fish farm during the 2008-2009 Israeli war on Gaza. “It was bulldozed, everything destroyed.”

Rebuilt on its rented plot of land, the fish farm is just five minutes by car outside Gaza city. Sea waves crash 50 metres beyond the tent-shaded pools, the paradox of Gaza’s off-limits sea audible and visible.

The region has a history of dependency on the rich catches of the sea, something reflected in the fish- based meals traditional to Gaza and the legacy of fishermen in trawlers, speedboats, and hand-paddled boats the size of a canoe.

The development of aquaculture reflects the continued ingenuity of Palestinians in Gaza, determined to create sources of employment and food in the face of the ruthless, internationally backed Israeli siege on Gaza.

But the rise of aquaculture also reflects the continued international apathy to the plight of Gaza’s roughly 4,000 fishermen who, on a daily basis, are shot at, shelled at, water-cannoned with an excrement-scented chemical, and abducted by the Israeli navy from within Palestinian waters.

siege and lethal Israeli sea restrictions force aquaculture « In Gaza

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryBz4w6ewlw]‪Fish farms help meet demand on blockaded Gaza coast‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

A boat crewed by solidarity activists came under fire Saturday as it attempted to sail further than three miles off Gaza’s coast, breaking a sea blockade.

The Olivia boat’s purpose is to try and defend Palestinian fishermen in Gazan waters.

A European woman onboard the boat told Ma’an that when she informed sailors that she was helping fishermen, one of them said, “Even if the whole EU comes here, they will not pass, neither can they defy Israeli decisions. The decisions say each boat that tries to break the sea blockade will be sunk.”

On Saturday, the Olivia sailed to bring back remnants of a fishing boat which the Israelis damaged earlier. Three internationals were onboard, and they managed to anchor near Shati refugee camp west of Gaza City

Head of the Gazan association of fishing and sports Mahfouth Kabariti said the solidarity activists managed to bring back some fishing equipment belonging to the Al-Habil family, whose boat was sunk.

He said two Americans and one Swedish citizen were on board the Olivia.

An Israeli military spokeswoman did not return a call seeking comment.

Activists say Israel navy tried to sink Gaza boat | *|*Gaza TV News

Gaza has 20 miles of water. The fishermen just want to fish their own water.

Really?
When did that happen!

I thought only Sovereign countries had "20 miles of water."
And "Gaza" isn't Even a Country-to-be, Palestine probably is.

as to the article from Pallywood central above...
You mean to tell me the swift Israeli Navy Gunboats couldn't sink that POS above if they wanted to?
These goofy English language Palestinkian propaganda sites that Tinhead and celexa regularly use have -0- credibility.

-
-

Last edited:
Really?
When did that happen!

I thought only Sovereign countries had "20 miles of water."

And "Gaza" isn't Even a Country-to-be, Palestine probably is.
-
-

The Oslo agreement set the limit. I don't remember the specified limit but 20 miles is about what I do remember.

Of course Oslo has been dead for over a decade.

Forum List

Back