Israel annexing East Jerusalem

Shogun

Free: Mudholes Stomped
Jan 8, 2007
A confidential EU report accuses the Israeli government of using settlement expansion, house demolitions, discriminatory housing policies and the West Bank barrier as a way of "actively pursuing the illegal annexation" of East Jerusalem.

The document says Israel has accelerated its plans for East Jerusalem, and is undermining the Palestinian Authority's credibility and weakening support for peace talks. "Israel's actions in and around Jerusalem constitute one of the most acute challenges to Israeli-Palestinian peace-making," says the document, EU Heads of Mission Report on East Jerusalem.

The report, obtained by the Guardian, is dated 15 December 2008. It acknowledges Israel's legitimate security concerns in Jerusalem, but adds: "Many of its current illegal actions in and around the city have limited security justifications."

"Israeli 'facts on the ground' - including new settlements, construction of the barrier, discriminatory housing policies, house demolitions, restrictive permit regime and continued closure of Palestinian institutions - increase Jewish Israeli presence in East Jerusalem, weaken the Palestinian community in the city, impede Palestinian urban development and separate East Jerusalem from the rest of the West Bank," the report says.

The document has emerged at a time of mounting concern over Israeli policies in East Jerusalem. Two houses were demolished on Monday just before the arrival of the US secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, and a further 88 are scheduled for demolition, all for lack of permits. Clinton described the demolitions as "unhelpful", noting that they violated Israel's obligations under the US "road map" for peace.

The EU report goes further, saying that the demolitions are "illegal under international law, serve no obvious purpose, have severe humanitarian effects, and fuel bitterness and extremism." The EU raised its concern in a formal diplomatic representation on December 1, it says.

It notes that although Palestinians in the east represent 34% of the city's residents, only 5%-10% of the municipal budget is spent in their areas, leaving them with poor services and infrastructure.

Israel issues fewer than 200 permits a year for Palestinian homes and leaves only 12% of East Jerusalem available for Palestinian residential use. As a result many homes are built without Israeli permits. About 400 houses have been demolished since 2004 and a further 1,000 demolition orders have yet to be carried out, it said.

City officials dismissed criticisms of its housing policy as "a disinformation campaign". "Mayor Nir Barkat continues to promote investments in infrastructure, construction and education in East Jerusalem, while at the same time upholding the law throughout West and East Jerusalem equally without bias," the mayor's office said after Clinton's visit.

However, the EU says the fourth Geneva convention prevents an occupying power extending its jurisdiction to occupied territory. Israel occupied the east of the city in the 1967 six day war and later annexed it. The Palestinians claim East Jerusalem as the capital of their future state.

The EU says settlement are being built in the east of the city at a "rapid pace". Since the Annapolis peace talks began in late 2007, nearly 5,500 new settlement housing units have been submitted for public review, with 3,000 so far approved, the report says. There are now about 470,000 settlers in the occupied territories, including 190,000 in East Jerusalem.

The EU is particularly concerned about settlements inside the Old City, where there were plans to build a Jewish settlement of 35 housing units in the Muslim quarter, as well as expansion plans for Silwan, just outside the Old City walls.

The goal, it says, is to "create territorial contiguity" between East Jerusalem settlements and the Old City and to "sever" East Jerusalem and its settlement blocks from the West Bank.

Israel annexing East Jerusalem, says EU | World news | The Guardian

Say.. let's all wonder in amazement as arabs react to the continued canaanization of their land.... Indeed, if this were happening to jewish communities ANYWHERE in the world every zionist would let you know how evil it is.. But, since this is happening to goyim... dirty arabs, at that!

Israel is annexing its own land? Is that really even possible?

Shogun, read your history. Israel captured the entire West Bank from Jordan in the 1967 war. The land is for Israel to do whatever it wants to do.

I suppose since we never fully annexed the West Bank, though we should have. Again, Jerusalem was won in war. It has belonged to the Jewish people for thousands of years, even under rule from the Ottomans, from the Christians, you name it. We established the Kingdom of Jerusalem 900 years ago only to fall to retchid Mamluks.

The ruins of the Second Temple pre-date Christianity and Islam. It is our city today and will be our city for eternity. I have said before and I will say again, I have no problem with the Arabs establishing a state in the West Bank as long as the Israeli Jews who live there are given the same freedoms the Arabs in Israel are given. I hope that there won't be an official religion in the West Bank and that government signs and forms for people to fill out are equally in Hebrew as they are Arabic, again just as they are in Israel. Of course that will never happen, but it's nice to dream.

The days of allowing Arab rule over our city, the city where King David fathered all of his children and where Saul unifed Judah and Eretz Yisrael will once again be ALL Jewish. The Arabs will soon have their state and they can live there with all of the American money being thrown at this peace process.

Shogun, read your history. Israel captured the entire West Bank from Jordan in the 1967 war. The land is for Israel to do whatever it wants to do.

I suppose since we never fully annexed the West Bank, though we should have. Again, Jerusalem was won in war. It has belonged to the Jewish people for thousands of years, even under rule from the Ottomans, from the Christians, you name it. We established the Kingdom of Jerusalem 900 years ago only to fall to retchid Mamluks.

The ruins of the Second Temple pre-date Christianity and Islam. It is our city today and will be our city for eternity. I have said before and I will say again, I have no problem with the Arabs establishing a state in the West Bank as long as the Israeli Jews who live there are given the same freedoms the Arabs in Israel are given. I hope that there won't be an official religion in the West Bank and that government signs and forms for people to fill out are equally in Hebrew as they are Arabic, again just as they are in Israel. Of course that will never happen, but it's nice to dream.

The days of allowing Arab rule over our city, the city where King David fathered all of his children and where Saul unifed Judah and Eretz Yisrael will once again be ALL Jewish. The Arabs will soon have their state and they can live there with all of the American money being thrown at this peace process.

"we"? "our"?

when do you report to the IDF, you cowardly fraud?

listen, dude.. you can take that jewish bullshit on down the road. You don't own everything you stick your hooked nose into. Sorry. Make any justification as you think will stroke your zionism but, at the end of the day, it's shit like this that CAUSES violent reactions so you can continue feeling like a victim. You think you own ALL THE LAND? Lets see you try and take temple mount.. Any guesses on how long zion would remain after that mistake?

And no, jew, the land is not for israel to do with whatever it wants. But, i'm glad you are on board when White Americans purge the US of non-whites in similar fashion. It's good to know that you won't react violently when white people do with it's land whatever it wants to do, jews be damned.

You have about as exclusive claim to that land, city AND state, as Romans OR Arabs. Hell, jews didn't INVENT the fucking land and you sure as hell weren't the first people on it. Burning bush real estate may make your yarmulke hard but it just doesn't impress me.

so, again, when you get your little hand smacked away from Temple Mount make sure to cry like a victim about jewish mythology and zionist excuses. It won't keep your pet nation from being any less destroyed.

"we"? "our"?

I am part Israeli you jerk.

listen, dude.. you can take that jewish bullshit on down the road. You don't own everything you stick your hooked nose into. Sorry. Make any justification as you think will stroke your zionism but, at the end of the day, it's shit like this that CAUSES violent reactions so you can continue feeling like a victim. You think you own ALL THE LAND? Lets see you try and take temple mount.. Any guesses on how long zion would remain after that mistake?

And no, jew, the land is not for israel to do with whatever it wants. But, i'm glad you are on board when White Americans purge the US of non-whites in similar fashion. It's good to know that you won't react violently when white people do with it's land whatever it wants to do, jews be damned.

You have about as exclusive claim to that land, city AND state, as Romans OR Arabs. Hell, jews didn't INVENT the fucking land and you sure as hell weren't the first people on it. Burning bush real estate may make your yarmulke hard but it just doesn't impress me.

so, again, when you get your little hand smacked away from Temple Mount make sure to cry like a victim about jewish mythology and zionist excuses. It won't keep your pet nation from being any less destroyed.

Man, you got lots anger in you.

You say the land isn't Israel's to do whatever it wants, correct?

Did you have a problem with England establishing the Thirteen Colonies on Native American land? Do you have any idea how much land Europe annexed from the Native Americans to create this wonderful country we live in now? Do you think that's okay?

I do.

No, it wasn't ok. That IS the fucking point, zionist. How many times shall we repeat history that proves nothing more than an excuse for one dominant ethnicity to take land from indigenous people?

Now, tell me, did you think it was proper for aryan nazis to marginalize and purge themselves of all those jewish unwanteds in some mad rush for an ethnically pure state of Germany? If not, then praytel, what makes your pet nation so righteous when doing the same thing THIS TIME AROUND?

native americans, indeed.

and, for a guy who says he DOES find fault with thirteen colonies you sure the fuck ride the irony all the way to zion, don't you? So, apparently, when Euros do it.. then it's bad... but when JEWS do it... well, thats what being chosen is all about, eh?

"we"? "our"?

I am part Israeli you jerk.

of course you are. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i'll amend it to" when do you report to the IDF, you coward?"

all better, run along.

I dont think the Palestinians are culturally developed enough to run their own modern day nation. Maybe after another 50 years or so they will catch up with the rest of the world, but until then, we will have to put up with their barbaric nature, which sucks. Given the murderous nature of palestinians in general, they are lucky Israel allows them to stay on Israeli land.

My solution to the question of Jerusalem is to give it to an International body that governs it that is contributed from the Muslim, Christians and Jews

I dont think the Palestinians are culturally developed enough to run their own modern day nation. Maybe after another 50 years or so they will catch up with the rest of the world, but until then, we will have to put up with their barbaric nature, which sucks. Given the murderous nature of palestinians in general, they are lucky Israel allows them to stay on Israeli land.

yea yea yea.. the same was said about ******* off the cotton field too. Maybe they could catch up if they were not constantly seeing their land being snatched away for the sake of some burning bush zionism.

"IN GENERAL" .. well, hey, at least you are honest about your racism.

My solution to the question of Jerusalem is to give it to an International body that governs it that is contributed from the Muslim, Christians and Jews

the ONLY solution is a single state shared by both jews and arabs equally. Insisting that israel, and jerusalem, be a jewish land is no less racist than white people insisting on the same in the US circa 1945. If zionists, and their enablers, had any sense of irony they would not refuse the same Equality regardless of Ethnicity that they enjoy here in the US. An international solution only invites accusations of boohoo antisemitism at every instance where a jew is not coddled like a newborn babe more so than dirty cockroach goyim. hell, I half EXPECT the Bibi administration to produce nothing less than jewish versions of kosher klansmen.

Why? There is no need for anyone to look over Jerusalem except the Jews. We manage things just fine.

Look at Tel Aviv vs. Gaza City. Both receive billions in international aid yet the Jews decided to build a city full of life, commerce, cafes, restaurants and condos while the Muslims decided to build rockets and they live in piss-poor conditions.

How much money did Yassir Arafat have before his death? Probably more than Bill Gates and Warren Buffet combined. Yet did any of that money go to building a modern city? Did any of it go to building infrastructure? No. It all went to buying weapons and building bombs.

So when you say let the Muslims rule a city - it's horse shit. They've build nothing in the past 60 years. The land is ripe for cultivation and I say if they're going to sit there and build more bombs to lob over at Israeli civilians, it's time they lost the right to that land.

yea yea yea.. the same was said about ******* off the cotton field too. Maybe they could catch up if they were not constantly seeing their land being snatched away for the sake of some burning bush zionism.

"IN GENERAL" .. well, hey, at least you are honest about your racism.

Their land is not being snatched away. The Arabs have 22 countries that they can go to and there's plenty of open real estate. They moved, illegally onto land that was preserved for the Jewish people only in the 1920 and the 1930s. And then they intentionally had at least 10-20 kids per family, mooched off of Jewish Palestine aid and said the land belonged to them. The 1923 Jewish Palestine borders are what belongs to all of the Jews - nothing less, nothing more. No Gaza, no West Bank, no Golan Heights. None of that belongs to Arabs. Now, unfortunately, in exchange for peace, we've been blackmailed into giving them the West Bank. Fine. So be it under certain conditions that give the settlers there the same rights and freedoms that the Arabs have in Israel. But Gaza? Golan Heights? No. We will not give that up. That is our land we won in war. Just as the Europeans won American land in war and as have many other countries.

Look at Tel Aviv vs. Gaza City. Both receive billions in international aid yet the Jews decided to build a city full of life, commerce, cafes, restaurants and condos while the Muslims decided to build rockets and they live in piss-poor conditions.

That may have something to do with Israel bombing, shelling, and dropping white phosphorous haphazardly over Gaza for about a month earlier this year...

and, for a guy who says he DOES find fault with thirteen colonies you sure the fuck ride the irony all the way to zion, don't you? So, apparently, when Euros do it.. then it's bad... but when JEWS do it... well, thats what being chosen is all about, eh?

The Europeans have a history in America prior to 1492? Wow, I thought only the Mormons brought that BS...

SRSLY... why do people that don't know JACKSHIT about a subject even enter the freakin' discussion? Do you think it's because: a. they derive masochistic pleasure from making themselves look like total bumbling idiots or b. they simply lack the intelligence required to even understand the concept of not commenting on something they don't know anything about?

:whip:

Last edited:

That is actually how it was kinda sorta meant to be under the UN resolution 181:

Part III. - City of Jerusalem(5)

A. SPECIAL REGIME

The City of Jerusalem shall be established as a corpus separatum under a special international regime and shall be administered by the United Nations. The Trusteeship Council shall be designated to discharge the responsibilities of the Administering Authority on behalf of the United Nations.

B. BOUNDARIES OF THE CITY

The City of Jerusalem shall include the present municipality of Jerusalem plus the surrounding villages and towns, the most eastern of which shall be Abu Dis; the most southern, Bethlehem; the most western, 'Ein Karim (including also the built-up area of Motsa); and the most northern Shu'fat, as indicated on the attached sketch-map (annex B).

Source: http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Peace+Pro...rocess/UN+General+Assembly+Resolution+181.htm <== Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Last edited:
That may have something to do with Israel bombing, shelling, and dropping white phosphorous haphazardly over Gaza for about a month earlier this year...

Seriously... but you can't argue with a racist. It is almost vulgar- he has the nerve to compare Gaza City to Tel Aviv, AFTER his country bombed the fucking shit out of it. Whoopdidoo, Dave.

I guess we can go over the motions again, but the article sums it up: What Israel is doing is ILLEGAL, under international law, by all accounts, it is totally unacceptable and sends us pretty much back to the Stone Age. Back to the jungles: the rule of brute force. It is ILLEGAL to annex land, for the simple reason that THATS EXACTLY WHY WWII HAPPENED AND THAT IS THE SAME FUCKING SHIT THAT THE NAZIS WERE DOING- THAT IS WHY THE ALLIES DECLARED WAR ON THEM- FOR ILLEGALLY ANNEXING TERRITORY THAT DIDN'T BELONG TO THEM. HOW CAN IT BE ANY FUCKING CLEARER?!

I mean, wow... WOW. Here we have this guy, defending the actions of the Nazis. Of Saddam Hussein. Of the Colonial Empires that killed so many Native Americans that it makes the Holocaust look like a fucking tea party. Man, you should be UP IN ARMS about WWII- Germany took Central Europe perfectly fair and square- under YOUR definition.

See, David, I think the problem here is that you got left behind on some of the stuff that's been happening for the past 60 years or so. You guys started too late. You should've done this stuff BEFORE WE ALL GOT TOGETHER TO SIGN ON A PIECE OF PAPER THAT WE WEREN'T GONNA BE DOING THIS SHIT ANYMORE.

Their land is not being snatched away.

I guess the EU begs to differ...

The Arabs have 22 countries that they can go to and there's plenty of open real estate. They moved, illegally onto land that was preserved for the Jewish people only in the 1920 and the 1930s. And then they intentionally had at least 10-20 kids per family, mooched off of Jewish Palestine aid and said the land belonged to them. The 1923 Jewish Palestine borders are what belongs to all of the Jews - nothing less, nothing more. No Gaza, no West Bank, no Golan Heights. None of that belongs to Arabs.

I guess the UN General Assembly Resolution 181 of November 29, 1947 that created your beloved Israel begs to differ:

Independent Arab and Jewish States and the Special International Regime for the City of Jerusalem, set forth in Part III of this Plan, shall come into existence in Palestine two months after the evacuation of the armed forces of the mandatory Power has been completed but in any case not later than 1 October 1948. The boundaries of the Arab State, the Jewish State, and the City of Jerusalem shall be as described in Parts II and III below.... blah blah blah....
B. THE JEWISH STATE

The north-eastern sector of the Jewish State (Eastern Galilee) is bounded on the north and west by the Lebanese frontier and on the east by the frontiers of Syria and Trans-jordan. It includes the whole of the Huleh Basin, Lake Tiberias, the whole of the Beisan Sub-District, the boundary line being extended to the crest of the Gilboa mountains and the Wadi Malih. From there the Jewish State extends north-west, following the boundary described in respect of the Arab State. The Jewish section of the coastal plain extends from a point between Minat El-Qila and Nabi Yunis in the Gaza Sub-District and includes the towns of Haifa and Tel-Aviv, leaving Jaffa as an enclave of the Arab State. The eastern frontier of the Jewish State follows the boundary described in respect of the Arab State.

The Beersheba area comprises the whole of the Beersheba Sub-District, including the Negeb and the eastern part of the Gaza Sub-District, but excluding the town of Beersheba and those areas described in respect of the Arab State. It includes also a strip of land along the Dead Sea stretching from the Beersheba-Hebron Sub-District boundary line to 'Ein Geddi, as described in respect of the Arab State.

Now, this is before these 'Arabs' started being correctly called 'Palestinians'.

Dude, you have some SERIOUS gaps in education... or you're just plain stupid ... or an ideologue in self-imposed denial.

Now, unfortunately, in exchange for peace, we've been blackmailed into giving them the West Bank. Fine. So be it under certain conditions that give the settlers there the same rights and freedoms that the Arabs have in Israel. But Gaza? Golan Heights? No. We will not give that up. That is our land we won in war. Just as the Europeans won American land in war and as have many other countries.

People, this .... person... has NO idea - NONE - what he's talking about. Davey, you're embarrassing yourself so badly that I feel almost embarrassed for you... :eek:

Source: The above mentioned, UNSCR 181

Forum List

Back