Israel and judaism

Wtf does "You can tell a Jew by his works" mean?

It means a person cannot simply claim they are Jew. But you have to be righteous in your doing. Thus, practicing Judaism.

Completely incorrect. Once a Jew, always a Jew. There are absolutely no requirements for being a Jew except for either being born from a Jewish mother or converting to Judaism. That's it. Whether you practice or not, whether you've converted to another religion or not - you're still and always will be Jewish.

Additionally, there is no "hell" in Judaism. Hashem loves his children equally. There are no after life consequences of sin in this life. The entire purpose of being a Jew is to improve and focus on THIS LIFE and let Hashem worry about what happens to you in the next life. This is why I love Judaism so much - because it is the ONLY religion that cares about this life and this world and how to improve it.

Please if it is no problem to you, could you provide a reference for me to research that claim. The claim that you are a Jew no matter what.

Furthermore, what about the 613 Commandments?

That sounds reasonable to me.

Are you Jewish?

Of course it sounds reasonable to you. :doubt:

Not viewing Judaism as a monolithic bloc? Yes, that sounds reasonable to me. I thought it was fairly obvious that Jews, like members of any population, have varying opinions on many matters including those relating to Israel. Why would I want Jews subjected to the same generalizations that are leveled at my own religion?

People have no idea how badly their "New Testament" was re-written with the New King James version.

That wasn't even specifically what I was referring to, though it is a component of the overall corruption of the New Testament. But it's of course a reality that the Old Testament has also been corrupted by poor preservation. For instance, you might find it troublesome to decipher 1 Samuel 13:1.

The Old Testament? Sorry, I don't refer to it as that. It's the Tenach. I don't really pay much attention to the English version - the Hebrew version is all that I care about - and even that, I don't really care about. The Torah is all that I care about - and the Torah is the same today as it has been for thousands of years - we know this based from not only the dead sea scrolls, but ancient 3000+ year old stone tablets with parts of the Torah written in them.

The Torah is, today, exactly as it was when it was created. I believe so is the Qu'uran.

Forum List

Back