Israel Agrees to a 10 Month Settlement Freeze

My goodness. How to satisfy everyone willing to die to own the holy land.

Looking in from the outside I'm just scratching my head. How about we divide it in half put up a good modern Berlin Wall type eyesore at their expense, put Phalanx guns on it, and tell either side if they even get close to the wall the guns will turn on.

I'm more than slightly pro Israel but thanks to historical problems on both sides I'm willing to impose this on them.

"When the period of freeze ends my government will return to the previous policy of building in Judea and Samaria." - Bibi

This isn't a true settlement freeze. I'm afraid this won't cut it - Israel's illegal encroachment into the West Bank needs to end immediately and permanently.

Baby steps, Kalam. In negotiation when you are trying to achieve something, if the other side offers you a compromise when they had been previously completely unwilling to offer anything, you take their hand and say thank you. You sit down at the table with them and you negotiate.

You cannot ask Israel to completely halt settlements in the West Bank right now when the other side is offering us absolutely nothing. This is a HUGE compromise for Bibi and for Israel to make. If Abbas is smart, he will say thank you and sit down with Bibi and negotiate with him.

That's like saying you can't expect arsonists to keep from burning things until some one is willing to make a concession to them. This so-called "concession" isn't really a concession. When someone is acting in violation of the law, it's pretty ballsy to believe you should be praised for stopping continued offenses.

Forum List

Back