Israel Agrees to a 10 Month Settlement Freeze

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
First Israel Peace gesture: Evacuate Gaza.
Second gesture: Settlement Freeze.

It is about time the Palestinians show so legit peace jesters back! Of course the antisemites (Shogun, Sunni, Kalam and Dogshit) will discount this move, but this is huge move and I hope the Palestinians don't do what they always do and spit in Israel's face.

Israel to Announce Moratorium on West Bank Settlement Activity - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

The Israeli government will shortly announce a ten-month moratorium on settlement activity in the West Bank, a well placed source tells Fox News.

The Obama administration, which has repeatedly expressed frustration with the Netanyahu government's failure to halt settlement activity, will welcome the move as significant, one that goes further than any previous Israeli government (Labor, Kadima or Likud) in this regard.

This Israeli decision means that other than the completion of approximately 3,000 apartments already under construction, there will be no permits or new building anywhere in the West Bank, including in the "consensus blocks" (like the Maale Adumim complex), which are suburbs of Jerusalem. However, the moratorium does not encompass municipal Jerusalem itself.

The Israelis see this as meeting their "road map" obligations, and are again looking for the Palestinian Authority to reciprocate, and

Last edited:
"When the period of freeze ends my government will return to the previous policy of building in Judea and Samaria." - Bibi

This isn't a true settlement freeze. I'm afraid this won't cut it - Israel's illegal encroachment into the West Bank needs to end immediately and permanently.

"When the period of freeze ends my government will return to the previous policy of building in Judea and Samaria." - Bibi

This isn't a true settlement freeze. I'm afraid this won't cut it - Israel's illegal encroachment into the West Bank needs to end immediately and permanently.

Baby steps, Kalam. In negotiation when you are trying to achieve something, if the other side offers you a compromise when they had been previously completely unwilling to offer anything, you take their hand and say thank you. You sit down at the table with them and you negotiate.

You cannot ask Israel to completely halt settlements in the West Bank right now when the other side is offering us absolutely nothing. This is a HUGE compromise for Bibi and for Israel to make. If Abbas is smart, he will say thank you and sit down with Bibi and negotiate with him.

Israel Offers 10-Month West Bank Settlement Freeze

JERUSALEM — Israel agreed to a 10-month halt in construction in its West Bank settlements on Wednesday, drawing an immediate rejection from Palestinians because the freeze did not include east Jerusalem.

It does not say that Abbas rejected it - it says "Palestinians." That could be anybody of any rank.

What the Arabs must realize is that Israel will never give up control of its Holiest City. First of all, it isn't the government's to give up. The Western Wall and the Foundation Stone are the absolute holiest sites in all of Judaism. Under Arab control, they would surely be desecrated, if not destroyed.

Jerusalem has ALWAYS been, even under Arab control, for the Jews. They are nuts to ask us to give it up. Giving up parts of the West Bank is bad enough.

The Western Wall and the Foundation Stone are the absolute holiest sites in all of Judaism. Under Arab control, they would surely be desecrated, if not destroyed.
You really are full of BS DavidS

The Western Wall and the so called Foundation Stone were under total arab muslim control for over a thousand years and no damage was ever done to either site. :doubt:

Baby steps, Kalam. In negotiation when you are trying to achieve something, if the other side offers you a compromise when they had been previously completely unwilling to offer anything, you take their hand and say thank you. You sit down at the table with them and you negotiate.
If Israel refuses to make meaningful concessions, its supporters have no right to complain when its inadequate proposals are rejected.

You cannot ask Israel to completely halt settlements in the West Bank right now when the other side is offering us absolutely nothing.
I absolutely can. There are no illegal Palestinian settlements in Israel; there is nothing to offer in that regard.

This is a HUGE compromise for Bibi and for Israel to make. If Abbas is smart, he will say thank you and sit down with Bibi and negotiate with him.
A huge compromise? If affirmation that Israel has no right to undermine the viability of a future Palestinian state through illegal settlements is considered a "huge compromise," there will be no progress.

The Western Wall and the Foundation Stone are the absolute holiest sites in all of Judaism. Under Arab control, they would surely be desecrated, if not destroyed.

The Western Wall and the so called Foundation Stone were under total arab muslim control for over a thousand years and no damage was ever done to either site. :doubt:

A thousand years? Please, tell me from what year to what year was East Jerusalem under Arab Muslim control?

My records show from 1948 - 1967. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not 1000 years.

A thousand years? Please, tell me from what year to what year was East Jerusalem under Arab Muslim control?

My records show from 1948 - 1967. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not 1000 years.
Believe it or not DavidS, but Jerusalem did have a history before 1948 :doubt:

In 638 A.D. Muslim Arabs under the leadership of Caliph Umar conquered Jerusalem from Christian Byzantine Empire. Except for the short period of the Crusades. The land was under adminstration of muslims untill modern times.

Last edited:

HENCE freeze you dense retard!

Of course you deny it as significant because your an Islamic Radical in the same mold as Hasan! :evil:

Of course you deny it as significant because your an Islamic Radical in the same mold as Hasan!

You know Kalam, if you don't follow the Zionist program and bow down to Israel..

Then you are an Islamic Radical (whatever that means?) and an anti-semite. :doubt:

Last edited:
First Israel Peace Jester: Evacuate Gaza.
Second Jester: Settlement Freeze.

WOW.

In 638 A.D. Muslim Arabs under the leadership of Caliph Umar conquered Jerusalem from Christian Byzantine Empire. Except for the short period of the Crusades. The land was under adminstration of muslims untill modern times.

You didn't answer my question. From 638 AD - 1099 AD, the area was under control of Arab Muslims. I do not disagree with you. Now then, tell me the next time it was under ARAB Muslim control.

You didn't answer my question. From 638 AD - 1099 AD, the area was under control of Arab Muslims. I do not disagree with you. Now then, tell me the next time it was under ARAB Muslim control.
1187 A.D. Kurdish general Saladin captures Jerusalem from Crusaders

Then in 1244 A.D. Mameluk Sultans defeat the Ayyubids and rule Jerusalem.

Finally, in 1517 A.D. Ottomans effect peaceful takeover of Jerusalem and ruled untill 1917 when the British took over.

1187 A.D. Kurdish general Saladin captures Jerusalem from Crusaders

Try reading comprehension 101, Sunni.

I said ARAB jurisdiction -- not Muslim!

Kurds aren't Arabs! They're Kurds -- the 4th largest ethnicity in the middle east!

Mamluks aren't Arabs! They're Egyptians! Egyptians are NOT Arabs!

Ottomons aren't Arabs! They're Turks!

So you've proven to me and everyone else here, Sunni, that Jerusalem and Israel hasn't been ruled by Arabs since 1099 AD.

Additionally, I submit that the Palestinian people who lay claim to Israel as theirs are really ethnic Arabs and that their historical claim to Israel is illegal. Furthermore, they moved into Israel, then The British Mandate of Palestine, illegally when it was LAW that Palestine was for JEWS only during the 1920s and 1930s. Check the immigration records!

Once again history and fact defeat the pro-Palestinian argument.

So you've proven to me and everyone else here, Sunni, that Jerusalem and Israel hasn't been ruled by Arabs since 1099 AD.
Most of my Egyptian friends will tell you they are are arab although there is some debate on this issue.

Anyway, the point is, Muslims ruled Jerusalem and Israel for basically a thousand years and did not destroy the two sites you mentioned that are sacred to the Jews.

Most of my Egyptian friends will tell you they are are arab although there is some debate on this issue.

Anyway, the point is, Muslims ruled Jerusalem and Israel for basically a thousand years and did not destroy the two sites you mentioned that are sacred to the Jews.

And I can claim to you that I'm Irish -- of course, I'm not, but I can claim it!

Egyptians are about as much as an Arab as Kalam is a Buddhist.

I did not claim that MUSLIMS would destroy the site - I claimed that ARABS would destroy the site! My problem does not lie with Muslims - it lies with Arabs.

Of course you deny it as significant because your an Islamic Radical in the same mold as Hasan!

You know Kalam, if you don't follow the Zionist program and bow down to Israel..

Then you are an Islamic Radical (whatever that means?) and an anti-semite. :doubt:

Clearly. :lol:

Apart from delaying illegal Israeli expansion for a few months, what do you expect this "freeze" to accomplish?

Of course you deny it as significant because your an Islamic Radical in the same mold as Hasan! :evil:
Of the two of us, only one has made overtly racist statements and expressed a desire to harm people of a certain ethnoreligious background. It is not me.

Forum List

Back