Isn't this special.....................

In a truely free market, there wouldn't be anything wrong with making record profits.

We wouldn't even be bitching about this if we were still paying under a buck a gallon.

The base foundation for those one sided record profits.................is total manipulation OF ALL MARKETS and the supply there of..................by contrived and any illicet means possible INCLUDING WAR.:rolleyes:

considering the lengths achieved to stifle alternative energies...........:rolleyes:

The base foundation for those one sided record profits.................is total manipulation OF ALL MARKETS and the supply there of..................by contrived and any illicet means possible INCLUDING WAR.:rolleyes:

considering the lengths achieved to stifle alternative energies...........:rolleyes:

No argument here.

In that vein.....................how can there be any type of truly free market system..................when such total manipulation can and does exist..........it makes the free market system an illusion............which actually stifles competition and competitiveness which is what makes those one sided profits to be allowable,unconscionable because it also stifles consumption from all markets except theirs which is illegal I believe.............:eusa_whistle:

In that vein.....................how can there be any type of truly free market system..................when such total manipulation can and does exist..........it makes the free market system an illusion............which actually stifles competition and competitiveness which is what makes those one sided profits to be allowable,unconscionable because it also stifles consumption from all markets except theirs which is illegal I believe.............:eusa_whistle:

No, that's wrong. A Free market is one free of outside intervention and manipulation from a powerful governing body, which could potentially, and DOES, pave the way for CERTAIN companies to gain unfair advantage.

In a true free market, it would merely be survival of the fittest. Either your business prospers, or it fails.

I'm sorry, I read your post wrong, you were right. You basically said what I just said, in a different way.

No, that's wrong. A Free market is one free of outside intervention and manipulation from a powerful governing body, which could potentially, and DOES, pave the way for CERTAIN companies to gain unfair advantage.

In a true free market, it would merely be survival of the fittest. Either your business prospers, or it fails.

That's exactly why I call it an illusion, because of the outside manipulation.............because all factors figured in, it creates downturn to all and the struggling companies................no matter how qualified............are artificially degraded and not because their product lacks quality, which should be the actual determining factor!:rolleyes: :eusa_whistle:

"FREE MARKET" is a BUZZ WORD presented by a bunch of do nothing lame assed retards......................designed to trick consumers into capitulation.........:eusa_whistle:

http://www.latimes.com/business/investing/la-fi-oil2feb02,1,5140747.story

"HELP WE'VE BEEN TAKEN HOSTAGE.........................WHO'S PAYING OUR RANSOM"....................

Thing is we are not the only nation sucking it up. China is basically in a bidding war with us for the oil. Nothing our elected officials can do about it. If they call for a price cap, they will just stop selling to us. I don't know if you where alive or not during the late 70's. I was. I remember the gas embargo. When they decided to stop selling to us. It was a hard time. You think these gas prices are bad, try an embargo.

Yes dear I'm much older than that...........they were holding us hostage then.................and they are doing it again...................there was NEVER A SHORTAGE...............:eusa_whistle:

Yes dear I'm much older than that...........they were holding us hostage then.................and they are doing it again...................there was NEVER A SHORTAGE...............:eusa_whistle:

There also is no requirement foreign Governments/companies sell to us. The oil is in their countries.

While we are on this subject, remind us of your opinion on the war in Iraq?

It has nothing to do with shortage. It comes down to them not wanting to sell to us if we decide to put a cap on it. It will not be if they have it or not. Like it or not they have us stuck.

There also is no requirement foreign Governments/companies sell to us. The oil is in their countries.

Bingo. They don't have to sell to us. They have another large buyer on the market. Only way to solve this one is to close China down. Start demanding the factories get built in Mexico. It would kill two birds with one stone. There would finally be jobs in Mexico. It would also lower the shipping costs.

My opinion on the war in Iraq is that it should NOT have been waged....................we should have FINISHED THE JOB IN AFGHANISTAN FIRST AND SET UP A MODEL FOR THE MIDDLE EAST TO FOLLOW WITH HELP FROM THE WHOLE WORLD which we had, from then on if other decisions had to be made they most probably could have been made in conjunction, OUR UNILATERALISM (for the most part) IS BULLSHIT....................NOTHING WAS SO PRESSING INCLUDING WMDS.:eusa_whistle:

Saddam may have been killing his own BUT WHAT HAS CHANGED...............he was part of the culture and knew what to do to keep them in line on those terms.........................WHAT HAVE WE ACCOMPLISHED EXCEPT ANARCHY or was that the intention all along for NWO purposes????????????:eusa_whistle:

My opinion on the war in Iraq is that it should NOT have been waged....................we should have FINISHED THE JOB IN AFGHANISTAN FIRST AND SET UP A MODEL FOR THE MIDDLE EAST TO FOLLOW WITH HELP FROM THE WHOLE WORLD which we had, from then on if other decisions had to be made they most probably could have been made in conjunction, OUR UNILATERALISM (for the most part) IS BULLSHIT....................NOTHING WAS SO PRESSING INCLUDING WMDS.:eusa_whistle:

Saddam may have been killing his own BUT WHAT HAS CHANGED...............he was part of the culture and knew what to do to keep them in line on those terms.........................WHAT HAVE WE ACCOMPLISHED EXCEPT ANARCHY or was that the intention all along for NWO purposes????????????:eusa_whistle:

Yet you would have us wage war for oil, simply because you think it costs to much and we should not have to pay what ever the market demands. We should be able to steal oil or at the very least set the price that others can get for their commodity because we "deserve" it?

Yet you would have us wage war for oil, simply because you think it costs to much and we should not have to pay what ever the market demands. We should be able to steal oil or at the very least set the price that others can get for their commodity because we "deserve" it?

Where did you ever get that idea.................I own no oil company stock..........and made no statement to that affect so I know not to what you're refering???????????:rolleyes:

So you did not post this?

So you did not post this?

Yes I did....................but why would you believe that I'd adhere to their tactics or even agree with the same?????????

I never ever said that we should fight this war and charge the Iraqi oil companies for the service????????

I was actually, speaking to what we're paying THEM (our oil cos.) in every means possible through out all markets and they're price gouging the hell out of us.

I wasn't aware that they are fighting the war, although I can't imagine how much of our own oil we're actually using over there........... but we're paying for that also.............so where does your analogy of theft come into this?

Forum List

Back