Isn't the simplest solution to the Northam problem is to take it to the Supreme Court

If this gets past the Virginia Supreme Court, doesn't the gun rights groups have to file in Federal Court? ... "therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; " ...

"Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam is misusing a regularly scheduled political rally to frighten his base and gin up support for his troubled administration. Flinging scare-mongering language, the Democratic governor has portrayed a grassroots lobbying effort against gun restrictions as a potential source of "violent extremism" and declared a state of emergency."

"Credible intelligence gathered by Virginia's law enforcement agencies indicates that tens of thousands of advocates plan to converge on Capitol Square for events culminating on January 20, 2020. Available information suggests that a substantial number of these demonstrators are expected to come from outside the Commonwealth, may be armed, and have as their purpose not peaceful assembly but violence, rioting, and insurrection."

Virginia Gov. Northam Smears Gun Control Opponents to Frighten His Base

Damn, that dude is a fucking liar.

After the 2nd ammendment does say, shall not....

Isn't this called equal access.

I would think a better solution is to have a recall process. I don't know what that would involve because I'm not familiar with that state, but I would think there are enough gun owners there to probably get it done.

The Supreme Court is fine, but it's still a gamble. If they fight this through the court system, and the last court decides Norham is within the Constitution, that would be a huge problem if the Supreme Court decides not to hear the case.

Forum List

Back