Isn't the Bible Enough?

Not for Mormon Mitt, he needs more scripture. Do we really need religion in our seperation of church and state government? Santorum can't stop preaching. He should be a pastor, not the president.*********** Our forefathers made separation of church and state for a reason. American law is votes, not Proverbs.
The Constitution says nothing about separation of church and state. You won't find it there.

The First Amendment has a "no establishment" and "free exercise"clause. Thus, we have no official connection between church and state. But the warp and woof of the country is very religious. That won't change.

Laws not enabling the establishment of religion is separation of church and state. I might be for legalizing polygamy though, we'll have to ask Hunstman how it works in Utah. Wives, wives, and more wives should be the Republican campaign slogan. You can be free to praise and worship all you want, but don't tell me I have to live your way because God told you so. When candidates start God talking I get scared. Especially when they have to manage a military. How can you believe thou shalt not murder and deploy the Armed Forces?

Not for Mormon Mitt, he needs more scripture. Do we really need religion in our seperation of church and state government? Santorum can't stop preaching. He should be a pastor, not the president.*********** Our forefathers made separation of church and state for a reason. American law is votes, not Proverbs.
The Constitution says nothing about separation of church and state. You won't find it there.

The First Amendment has a "no establishment" and "free exercise"clause. Thus, we have no official connection between church and state. But the warp and woof of the country is very religious. That won't change.

The country is not religious. If you look at pop culture it's drunks, whores, and violence. Our media glamorizes violence. How many people get murdered and shot up in our tv shows, movies and music? People get married and divorced like it's buying and selling stocks. Why even make a covenant under God if you are not going to honor it?

If by religious you mean we are begging for forgiveness, I might agree with your statement.

Last edited:
The country is not religious. If you look at pop culture it's drunks, whores, and violence. Our media glamorizes violence. How many people get murdered and shot up in our tv shows, movies and music? People get married and divorced like it's buying and selling stocks. Why even make a covenant under God if you are not going to honor it?

How many single parent families are there with kids out of wedlock?

If by religious you mean we are begging for forgiveness, I might agree with your statement.
I am saying that compared to other democracies we are religious. When we salute the flag me mention G-d. G-d is mentioned on our money. Politicians speak in religious terms.

Notwithstanding social pathologies religion has made the country what it is, in many respects. We are a great country and I love it.

And P.S. I am not Christian.

Our founders were fleeing the Catholics of England I believe. They were Bible beaters but that is exactly why they created a separation of Church and state government. They didn't want the people to be persecuted like they were in England. The Catholics of England wouldn't allow you to read the Bible on your own and in some cases would murder you for it. Putting the name of God on our money and then doing everything that is evil with it is not very smart. We wonder why the weather kicks our ass but won't ever accept the words that Bible says. It does say God will kick our ass with the wind for being sinners. We should start by doing things in our name, not his. But who am I, just a dumb ass. It is all a fake story anyways. We are in this world, not of this world, just passing through. Soon enough we will all face the truth.

to funny, you even post Big bang theory videos. You only dream of pulling girls that hot. Here's a thought, get a boyfriend, then you won't have to worry about it anymore. Engage the transducers Volcar, we have bogies in our telometer.

That brings back memories. I think the last time someone talked to me like that was about the time this song came out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtu9RXeYSLU]Barbra Streisand - The way we were (Live) - YouTube[/ame]

Not only does justathought not have a brain, he is 12.

Our founders were fleeing the Catholics of England I believe. They were Bible beaters but that is exactly why they created a separation of Church and state government. They didn't want the people to be persecuted like they were in England. The Catholics of England wouldn't allow you to read the Bible on your own and in some cases would murder you for it. Putting the name of God on our money and then doing everything that is evil with it is not very smart. We wonder why the weather kicks our ass but won't ever accept the words that Bible says. It does say God will kick our ass with the wind for being sinners. We should start by doing things in our name, not his. But who am I, just a dumb ass. It is all a fake story anyways. We are in this world, not of this world, just passing through. Soon enough we will all face the truth.

Believe whatever you want, history disagrees.

Our founders were fleeing the Catholics of England I believe. They were Bible beaters but that is exactly why they created a separation of Church and state government. They didn't want the people to be persecuted like they were in England. The Catholics of England wouldn't allow you to read the Bible on your own and in some cases would murder you for it.
England was Anglican by then, not Catholic.
Putting the name of God on our money and then doing everything that is evil with it is not very smart. We wonder why the weather kicks our ass but won't ever accept the words that Bible says. It does say God will kick our ass with the wind for being sinners. We should start by doing things in our name, not his. But who am I, just a dumb ass. It is all a fake story anyways. We are in this world, not of this world, just passing through. Soon enough we will all face the truth.
None of that makes any sense.

Again, getting lost in the debate of how God speaks to us takes away from how to fix the roads. You've proven my point, no religion in policy. Where is this God that people love to say speaks to them? I got a few words I'd like to say to him in person.

Then speak to Him. He is more than happy to talk with you. You just have to come to Him on His terms.

Ask and I shall recieve right? Let my faith move mountains! I'm cursed from my fathers sins through the fourth generation. The wicked desires of my flesh that scream I must go see strippers tonight. Oh Lord I pray to thee, help me keep my money in my wallet.lol You are right, it's working.

You think you can mock God and He's going to answer you?

Humble yoursellf and talk with Him sincerely. He knows when you aren't sincere.

That is up to debate. Are we spirits or are we flesh and bone, or both? By faith not by sight right? You can't always trust what you see.

If I trusted what I saw I would not ask if you have a brain, I would trust that, because you are posting, you have one.

What do you call that speech under your posts? It is called a signature on the control panel. I would beg to differ. It is the mere evidence of me posting that would suggest I do not have a brain. No person with a brain would give away such wisdom for free.lol

Wisdom?

Our Founders didn't flee anything. They were born and raised in the colonies. What they did is declare independence from Great Britain and establish a new Republic on this continent.

Not for Mormon Mitt, he needs more scripture. Do we really need religion in our seperation of church and state government? Santorum can't stop preaching. He should be a pastor, not the president. Marriage is a religious conviction of morality. If your arguement is marriage is defined as a man and woman by a majority vote I can by that. It shouldn't be defined as a "what is right or wrong under God" law. That should be illegal in America. They never talk about the Christians having multiple wives in the Bible. How many did King Soleman have? Don't take bits and pieces of the Bible to start trying to explain why you won't allow gay marriage. Sin is sin but who am I to cast the first stone. Our forefathers made separation of church and state for a reason. American law is votes, not Proverbs.

Our forefathers made the issue that the government could not prescribe one particular religion. There was no prohibition of allowing religion to influence the conduct of government business. Given the attitudes of the Founders, a pretty good case can be made that all of their assumptions were that our legal system would be based on Christian-Judaic values.

I think prayers preceded most meetings of that time and that our loyalty oaths and swearing in at trial rely on religious underpinnings.

If you can find separation of Church and state in any of words of the Constitution, you are probably among those who also see the words that demand abortion occur.

I can find neither.

That aside, though, archaic and superstitious ideals that ostracize otherwise contributing members of the society run counter to the main thrusts of our American Societal ideals. The notion that property owning white men are the only people of record is bygone.

The coming notion is that penniless thugs need be organized into voting majorities to wrest the reward of the work from those with initiative.

The Founders would understand the drift from the religious fervor they felt, but would blanch at the notion that the indolent are being elevated due to the communist nature of our thinking today.
Read the first amendment that States Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion. I do like your poetic speech though.

You mistake organized religion for religious and spiritual values, which all of the Founders used in their decision making processes.

To state otherwise mocks historical accuracy.

Sorry but even wikipedia says early American colonialists were fleeing religious persecution from the Church of England and King Charles the 1 and Anglicon arch bishop William Laud. I guess in your mastery of history the Protestant reformation never happened either. trust me, I'm just like you.who gives a @#$%.

to funny, you even post Big bang theory videos. You only dream of pulling girls that hot. Here's a thought, get a boyfriend, then you won't have to worry about it anymore. Engage the transducers Volcar, we have bogies in our telometer.

That brings back memories. I think the last time someone talked to me like that was about the time this song came out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtu9RXeYSLU]Barbra Streisand - The way we were (Live) - YouTube[/ame]

Not only does justathought not have a brain, he is 12.

no, that would be the age of your girlfriend. I thought you were done talking. Getting bored playing with your calculator?

Sorry but even wikipedia says early American colonialists were fleeing religious persecution from the Church of England and King Charles the 1 and Anglicon arch bishop William Laud. I guess in your mastery of history the Protestant reformation never happened either. trust me, I'm just like you.who gives a @#$%.

Yep, starting with the Mayflower. What year was that again? ;) Just a thought. :D

Forum List

Back