Isn't the Bible Enough?

justathought

Dec 4, 2011
Not for Mormon Mitt, he needs more scripture. Do we really need religion in our seperation of church and state government? Santorum can't stop preaching. He should be a pastor, not the president. Marriage is a religious conviction of morality. If your arguement is marriage is defined as a man and woman by a majority vote I can by that. It shouldn't be defined as a "what is right or wrong under God" law. That should be illegal in America. They never talk about the Christians having multiple wives in the Bible. How many did King Soleman have? Don't take bits and pieces of the Bible to start trying to explain why you won't allow gay marriage. Sin is sin but who am I to cast the first stone. Our forefathers made separation of church and state for a reason. American law is votes, not Proverbs.

Last edited:
Be so kind as to point out the clause in the Constitution that says a religious person can not be President.

There is a difference between could not and should not. When you get faith walkers in office get ready to dance. Hearing from God and chalking it up to forgiveness makes it a very dangerous proposition for those who have to implement the VISIONS!lol

Not for Mormon Mitt, he needs more scripture. Do we really need religion in our seperation of church and state government? Santorum can't stop preaching. He should be a pastor, not the president. Marriage is a religious conviction of morality. If your arguement is marriage is defined as a man and woman by a majority vote I can by that. It shouldn't be defined as a "what is right or wrong under God" law. That should be illegal in America. They never talk about the Christians having multiple wives in the Bible. How many did King Soleman have? Don't take bits and pieces of the Bible to start trying to explain why you won't allow gay marriage. Sin is sin but who am I to cast the first stone. Our forefathers made separation of church and state for a reason. American law is votes, not Proverbs.

No prob with the conclusion, as long as we all realize that we are entitled to our religious or spiritual or ethical values that inform our own sense of what is good and not good. We vote accordingly to that.

Our forefathers made the issue that the government could not prescribe one particular religion. There was no prohibition of allowing religion to influence the conduct of government business. Given the attitudes of the Founders, a pretty good case can be made that all of their assumptions were that our legal system would be based on Christian-Judaic values.

I think prayers preceded most meetings of that time and that our loyalty oaths and swearing in at trial rely on religious underpinnings.

If you can find separation of Church and state in any of words of the Constitution, you are probably among those who also see the words that demand abortion occur.

I can find neither.

That aside, though, archaic and superstitious ideals that ostracize otherwise contributing members of the society run counter to the main thrusts of our American Societal ideals. The notion that property owning white men are the only people of record is bygone.

The coming notion is that penniless thugs need be organized into voting majorities to wrest the reward of the work from those with initiative.

The Founders would understand the drift from the religious fervor they felt, but would blanch at the notion that the indolent are being elevated due to the communist nature of our thinking today.

Last edited:
Be so kind as to point out the clause in the Constitution that says a religious person can not be President.

There is a difference between could not and should not. When you get faith walkers in office get ready to dance. Hearing from God and chalking it up to forgiveness makes it a very dangerous proposition for those who have to implement the VISIONS!lol

You didn't point out the clause of the Constitution he asked to see.

You didn't point out the clause of the Constitution he asked to see.

Because I agreed with him.

So atheists don't think natural rights emanate fromGod.

OK.

The 2% of them should cast their votes accordingly, and the rest of will ignore them.

They never talk about the Christians having multiple wives in the Bible. How many did King Soleman have?
I don't recall any Christians having multiple wives in the Bible.

If you know of a scripture that says so, than please post it.

btw King Soloman wasn't a Christian. :cool:

Genesis 4:19/Genesis 31:17 plenty more of men of the Bible having multiple wives. I guess calling them Christian could be a stretch, but they are the prophets of the Christian God. Men from the old testament were before the time of God's son Jesus. King Solemon was a king of Isreal so he was a Jew you propose? probably true, I'd have to start studying again and I think getting chips for the Lions game will be more productive for me today. Muslims, Christians, and Jews all believe their is one supreme God over all others. Our difference lies in how to please him. Us Christians believe our behavior is so hopeless under his standard that our only hope of being accepted by God is through believing his son died for our sins. I believe Jews and Muslims more follow a belief system that if they behave perfectly under God, in their daily actions, they will have eternal peace with God. We broke the ten commandememts along tome ago. I'm riding with faith and forgiveness till I die. Death for us all is one truth you can't debate.

Last edited:
You didn't answer Del's question. Enough what?

enough scripture, the Mormans have added books of prophecy to the Bible.

The Bible says that we are to live off "Every word that proceeds from the mouth of God" How on earth can you do that if you only accept certain things God has spoken? God can speak whatever the heck He wants. And if it's written down, it's scripture.

Forum List

Back