CDZ Isn't smaller governance better?

We hear about how Denmark, Sweden, etc. are the happiest nations. I don't know if that's true or not but, they are smaller populations. Is it possible that they do well because they are smaller?

For that matter, the smaller and closer to home is our governance, is it not better?

From what I can gather, the left typically likes to consolidate huge swathes of people and govern them from one, centralized government. But, as far as I can tell, government is better when it's smaller and more localized.

What say you?
We have a federal form of Government. We have a federal government and more local, State governments, and even more local, county and city governments.

We hear about how Denmark, Sweden, etc. are the happiest nations. I don't know if that's true or not but, they are smaller populations. Is it possible that they do well because they are smaller?

For that matter, the smaller and closer to home is our governance, is it not better?

From what I can gather, the left typically likes to consolidate huge swathes of people and govern them from one, centralized government. But, as far as I can tell, government is better when it's smaller and more localized.

What say you?
Is it possible that they do well because they are smaller?
Probably no, but insofar as you've not provided context to inform us of what dimension of satisfaction achievement -- social welfare, national economic welfare, personal physical welfare (health), political welfare, personal financial welfare, cultural welfare, etc. -- your question is ambiguous; thus it's not possible to know in what regard you mean.

You've implied that the measure of "doing well" is the highly subjective thing called happiness. Well to be sure, most of the countries that are happiest are markedly smaller than the U.S.; however, Australia and Canada demonstrate that size is at best an immaterial factor in determining a nation's happiness.

Indeed, from an economic standpoint, a nation's larger size may well contribute positively to the happiness of a citizenry by dint of there being greater absolute quantities of exploitable resources within the borders of a large nation, thereby providing more opportunity for citizens of large nations to obtain a host of things that correlate positively to people's happiness -- entrepreneurial options, jobs, financial reward, access to open space, etc.

Looking at the happiest nations, one sees the U.S. is among them, which given that there are some 190 nations on the planet, means that despite the short line U.S. has on the chart above, the U.S. is among the happiest nations on Earth. It may not to some Americans feel like a happy place. What is there to say about that? The grass across the street often looks greener; however, closer examination may reveal that what's green there may not (1) be the type of grass that can thrive in one's own yard, or (2) be grass at all.

So if size isn't a material determinant, what is? Well, the World Happiness Report describes the factors the WEF used to measure happiness. Inasmuch as happiness is a highly subjective quality, their independent variables are as good as any one might use. I know I'm sure not going to refigure their calculus and/or derive my own equation for quantifying it.

Of course, Somalia has 'small government', and I don't think it's working for them.
Always nice to see that western propaganda at work.

Maybe Somali's have NO GOVERNMENT because of centuries of foreign government meddling.

It is in the interest of the US, Russia, all of Europe and China that Somalia has no strong central or local authorities protecting the economic interests of her people. If Somali were rich and powerful as it might be, it would just cause a headache for everyone, all the global elites, no matter who they are, probably agree on that.

Anyone that doesn't understand this has never looked at a map.

Folks need to shower off the bullshit of MSM mind control and educate themselves about how the situation got to be as it is, how folks in that region live the way they do, and why they do the things they do.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/01436597.2013.851896

Of course, Somalia has 'small government', and I don't think it's working for them.

Maybe Somali's have NO GOVERNMENT because of centuries of foreign government meddling.

It is in the interest of the US, Russia, all of Europe and China that Somalia has no strong central or local authorities protecting the economic interests of her people. If Somali were rich and powerful as it might be, it would just cause a headache for everyone, all the global elites, no matter who they are, probably agree on that.

Folks need to shower off the bullshit of MSM mind control and educate themselves about how the situation got to be as it is, how folks in that region live the way they do, and why they do the things they do.

Conservatives want a country like Somalia

No government interference

If you watched the video you would see that it was an apt warning for the game you a playing.

Keep it up, and we will have just such a scenario.

If you watched the video you would see that it was an apt warning for the game you a playing.

No gun control
AK 47s for everyone
Open piracy
No government
No environmental protection

A conservative paradise

No gun control
AK 47s for everyone
Open piracy
No government

A conservative paradise

If liberals have their way, they are currently working on suspending the rule of law, it would then lead to a constitutional crises and a civil war. . .

And all of those things you just listed.

And you clearly did NOT read the scholarly article or documentary on piracy, government, etc. that is a lie propagated by the MSM. Collective action to redress international abuses does not equal piracy.

The environment abuse is coming mainly from international corporations dumping their toxic waste off the shores of Somalia.

Damn, you are really uninformed, aren't you?

No gun control
AK 47s for everyone
Open piracy
No government

A conservative paradise

If liberals have their way, they are currently working on suspending the rule of law, it would then lead to a constitutional crises and a civil war. . .

And all of those things you just listed.

And you clearly did NOT read the scholarly article or documentary on piracy, government, etc. that is a lie propagated by the MSM. Collective action to redress international abuses does not equal piracy.

The environment abuse is coming mainly from international corporations dumping their toxic waste off the shores of Somalia.

Damn, you are really uninformed, aren't you?

It is conservatives trying to recreate Somalia
Automatic weapons for all, no environmental protections, no checks on free enterprise

What say you?
I have believed that USA should be broken up to about 5 or 6 countries so that the population could be better represented and managed. They would have to be connected for mutual defense to keep Canada and Mexico from moving in. I should add Cuba because Miami could be Cuba.

New Topics

Forum List

Back