Isn't pot supposed to make you calm?

Did you include increased risk of cancer with those side effects? It is about the same as Tobacco in that regard.

Let's see a comparison of the rate of cancer (as a non-preexisting condition) among marijuana users and among tobacco users.

If you've never actually SMOKED weed before, you should probably shut the fuck up about "studies".

The FACT is that you know, at the very most, jack and SHIT about marijuana.

Indeed. You can find a "study" to support virtually any claim that's made about marijuana. If you haven't become familiar with the substance yourself through first-hand experience, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

How lame is it to resort to cancer risks when opposing marijuana?

According to the Royal British Medical Society, (who has done several studies concerning this), if you smoke cigarettes? You're 21 times more likely to die of lung cancer.

If you smoke nothing? You stand the average chance.

If you smoke cannabis only? The odds drop down to .093 to .073 percent of those that smoke nothing.

Hey Kalam, read post 38 for the studies on tobacco, pot and non smokers.

:lol:

Why am I not surprised?

According to the Royal British Medical Society, (who has done several studies concerning this), if you smoke cigarettes? You're 21 times more likely to die of lung cancer.

If you smoke cannabis only? The odds drop down to .093 to .073 percent of those that smoke nothing.

That's LESS than not smoking at all.

See, this is what smoking pot does to ones cognitive abilities; reduces them to the point of being unable to do simple math.
Don't smoke = 1
Smoke tobacco= 21
Smoke pot = 21x.073 or 21x.073 =1.533 or 1.953
both 1.533 and 1.953 are more than one, so smoking pot increases your chance of getting cancer, from what you posted. So you should accept the validity.
Too bad pot rots your brain so much.
As YOU demonstrate so well.

See, this is what smoking pot does to ones cognitive abilities; reduces them to the point of being unable to do simple math.
Don't smoke = 1
Smoke tobacco= 21
both 1.533 and 1.953 are more than one, so smoking pot increases your chance of getting cancer, from what you posted. So you should accept the validity.
If you are an alcohol drinker at all, I suggest you shut your dick duster.

What's even stupider is they forget that medical marijuana is used as a treatment FOR FUCKING CANCER!!!!!!!!

Why would a doctor prescribe something that will give you cancer when he's TREATING YOU FOR CANCER??????????

But then again......what else can you expect to hear from close minded assholes who think their moral imperative gives them free rein to run all over yours?

I thought this was the land of the free, rather than oppressed by the rich.

By the way, did you ever notice that those who have never tried it are depending on the government to tell them the truth? Shit........Henry P. Anslinger of the FBI was a racist asshole who wanted to put the Blacks and Hispanics in jail, because he didn't think they were worthy of freedom.

So, upon research, he found that the biggest consumers were people of color, and so, the Marijuana Tax Stamp Act was born. Catch-22 actually, as you had to have a stamp to be allowed to grow it, but, before they would give you a stamp, you had to bring in your produce to be checked, but, if you didn't have a stamp, they threw you in jail.

Add to the fact that the penalties for marijuana back in 1939 were much higher than what they were for similarly based crimes.

Then, you see where the lies started and were cultivated by the government, which continue on, even unto this day.

By the way, the movie Reefer Madness? Total bullshit PR flick.

Wanna know the real truth? Go to your local video store and rent the documentary "Grass" narrated by Woody Harrelson.

You won't be sorry for seeing it, but it will piss you off. Especially the LaGuardia Report.

Don't smoke = 1
Smoke tobacco= 21

Hey, Stuck Crapper, I didn't DO the study, nor did I do the math.........I just read what the Royal British Medical Society said about it.

Fuck off asshole, you obviously don't do math very well either with your head up your ass.

What's even stupider is they forget that medical marijuana is used as a treatment FOR FUCKING CANCER!!!!!!!!
Wrong. MJ is sometimes used as a painkiller on terminal cancer patients who react badly to other painkillers. People who have less than a year to live don't need to worry about an increased risk of developing cancer.
And boy is your pot making you sound calm right now.
Do I need a sarcasm smiley here?
You do however manage that brain damaged pothead aspect really well.
Because I wanted to say something nice about you.

It's a good thing that the good old "small government christian conservatives" are here to tell us wtf we can and cannot do with our bodies.:clap2:

Small government... unless it's locking up people for crimes with no victims.

Where's the real "conservatives"? The "stay the f-ck away from my guns, weed, and property or my 200 pound 13-year-old bloodhound named chopper will eat you" conservatives?

God I hate the Christian Right. It's their fault I'd get discharged for doing something that's given me nothing but pure joy since middle school. God-damnit I wish they'd all move to Texas and secede so they can fight the war on drugs and terror themselves and leave the rest of us all the Hell alone. I'm tired of liqour, and I'm becoming an alcoholic since I've had to quit.

It's sad when people think so highly of themselves that they feel as if they can tell other people what to do with their bodies.

Nevermind that there are two legitimate religions that consider the smoking of cannibus holy and sacred. Christianity is right, and so is the christian right and anything less then the good old christian nation that the agnostic founding fathers wanted is unnacceptable.

Who said that fascism in America would come about calling itself anti-fascism? I forgot... might have been high when I heard it.:lol:

Marijuana Does Not Raise Lung Cancer Risk

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

By Salynn Boyles

* Print

* Share:
o Digg
o Facebook
o StumbleUpon
o MySpace
o

People who smoke marijuana do not appear to be at increased risk for developing lung cancer, new research suggests.

While a clear increase in cancer risk was seen among cigarette smokers in the study, no such association was seen for regular cannabis users.

Even very heavy, long-term marijuana users who had smoked more than 22,000 joints over a lifetime seemed to have no greater risk than infrequent marijuana users or nonusers.

The findings surprised the study’s researchers, who expected to see an increase in cancer among people who smoked marijuana regularly in their youth.

“We know that there are as many or more carcinogens and co-carcinogens in marijuana smoke as in cigarettes,” researcher Donald Tashkin, MD, of UCLA’s David Geffen School of Medicine tells WebMD. “But we did not find any evidence for an increase in cancer risk for even heavy marijuana smoking.” Carcinogens are substances that cause cancer.

Tashkin presented the findings today at The American Thoracic Society’s 102nd International Conference, held in San Diego.

FOXNews.com - Marijuana Does Not Raise Lung Cancer Risk - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News

And....the best part? It comes from your own fucking news source asshole.

Don't smoke = 1
Smoke tobacco= 21
Are you on pot?
If not, how do you explain using 21 instead of 1?????

It's a good thing that the good old "small government christian conservatives" are here to tell us wtf we can and cannot do with our bodies.:clap2:

I'd be willing to let dopeheads do themselves in if
1) There was no chance of children being exposed to the crap.
2) They were isolated until they came down off their high and returned to full functionality
and
3) They paid all the costs - including their own medical insurance, which would go up because Pot does cause medical problems.

Cigarettes was 21 times.

Pot was less than 1 percent.

I don't know how many they had in each control group you babbling moron, I just got the end stats.

If 1 has 10 and the other has 21? What are the chances?

Wrong. MJ is sometimes used as a painkiller on terminal cancer patients who react badly to other painkillers. People who have less than a year to live don't need to worry about an increased risk of developing cancer.
And boy is your pot making you sound calm right now.
Do I need a sarcasm smiley here?
You do however manage that brain damaged pothead aspect really well.
Because I wanted to say something nice about you.

BULL-SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First let me get this out of the way. I've seen the "war on drugs" in action, in my own home. You CANNOT for one moment convince me for any reason that this UNITED STATES government is locking people up, forcing people from their jobs, and releasing prisoners back into the steets with no training, no help, and no ability to regain lively hood because it is "legitimately concerned" about what people do to their bodies in their spare time. If you believe that, your a nutcase.

You can talk about the health aspect of it all you want, your not going to win that battle with someone who's been drinking and smoking weed since they were 12. Your just not. Regardless of that, health or not.

There is ONE reason this "war on drugs" continues, because it puts money in the pocket of the prison industry. It is a malicious attack on the people of this nation, and it is a system created to incarcerate this nation's citizens in mass numbers far beyond those of all other industrialized nations.

As for the health aspect of this... how many other things cause and can contribute to cancer?

Tobacco?
Liquor?
Fatty Foods?
Certain Oils?
Suger?
To many carbs?

Why do people like you feel like it's the government's responsability to "protect" people from things that can cause harm to their own health? Should I go to jail for eating a big mac or drinking a forty? How about smoking a cigarette? Where do we draw the line with government intervention? Who else do we throw in jail? And why are we throwing people in jail for harming themselves? If we are to be so "concerned" about the guy who likes to roll a blunt and smoke it casually on a friday night before he goes to the club why throw him in prison and fuck up his life?

THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION FOR THE CRIMINALIZATION OF MARIJUANA. NONE. The prison industry is a criminal enterprise and it has ruined many communities and destroyed lives. For those who think that this is only an issue for potheads ask Kathryn Johnson, the 92-year old woman who was gunned down in her own home by narcotics officers on a false drug tip in Atlanta a few years ago. Oh wait, you can't, she died when she was shot three times in the chest and the narcotics officers handcuffed her dying body to a table in her home and planted drugs in her bedroom in order to justify the shooting. The only thing that's a danger to my body is this damn government.

Stop legislating morality and get the Hell out of people's lives. Okay... no more of this, my blood will start to boil. God what I'd do for some mary jane.

I'd be willing to let dopeheads do themselves in if
1) There was no chance of children being exposed to the crap.
2) They were isolated until they came down off their high and returned to full functionality
and
3) They paid all the costs - including their own medical insurance, which would go up because Pot does cause medical problems.

1.) Parents are responsable for what their children are exposed to. Not the government.
2.) How about you stay out of my house and I stay the Hell out of yours?
3.) As long as the same applies to someone who eats big macs, doritos, french fries, cupcakes, smokes tobacco, drinks alcohol, runs, jumps, hikes, drives over the speed limit, lives in a bad neighborhood, lives near water where there could be a hurricane, etc.

A San Francisco man, accused of forcing a flight to divert because he was high on medical marijuana, picked the wrong flight attendant to freak out on.

Lorin Gorman of Chula Vista is a fourth-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Those skills may have averted a serious situation in the air.

US-Air flight 1447 was on its way from Philadelphia to San Francisco. "He's banging around, screaming in the back bathroom, he's opened all the compartments," the attendant remembers.

According to a criminal complaint, C
han walked out of the bathroom with his pants down.

Kinman Chan was charged with disrupting a flight attendant, which can carry a maximum penalty of up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine

He Messed With the Wrong Flight Attendant | NBC San Diego

Apparently one of the side effects of marijuana is exposing oneself? He'll probably get off on the ganja defense.

Unless you sprinkle it with angel dust.

Cigarettes was 21 times.

Pot was less than 1 percent.

I don't know how many they had in each control group you babbling moron, I just got the end stats.

If 1 has 10 and the other has 21? What are the chances?

It does not matter.

Regardless they tried prohibition once. It didn't work. It caused more problems. Those were the days when the government made decisions that benefited people and respected freedom and civil liberties and those laws were quickly repealed. Now they have a reason to enforce prohibition on marijuana, there's an industry based upon it totally.

They will not give you an answer for why alcohol and tobacco are legal and weed is not. If they gvie that answer the game is over. They've got millions in the bank and enough idiots behind them that think they're better then everybody else because they don't smoke weed with their obese selves.

A San Francisco man, accused of forcing a flight to divert because he was high on medical marijuana, picked the wrong flight attendant to freak out on.

Lorin Gorman of Chula Vista is a fourth-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Those skills may have averted a serious situation in the air.

US-Air flight 1447 was on its way from Philadelphia to San Francisco. "He's banging around, screaming in the back bathroom, he's opened all the compartments," the attendant remembers.

According to a criminal complaint, Chan walked out of the bathroom with his pants down.

Kinman Chan was charged with disrupting a flight attendant, which can carry a maximum penalty of up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine

He Messed With the Wrong Flight Attendant | NBC San Diego

Apparently one of the side effects of marijuana is exposing oneself? He'll probably get off on the ganja defense.

Does it have to be the weed's fault?

Maybe the guy is just a fucking lunatic.

or maybe he was also doing another drug....

Forum List

Back