Isn't it a personal liberty to be who you want to be?

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Isn't it a personal liberty to be who you want to be whether you're born a man wanting to be a woman or the other way around. Who are you to say as a conservative that individuals can't do so and use the government to stop them? Doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

The surgery isn't unconstitutional the last time I checked.
Being something other than what you were born as isn't unconstitutional.
Now stopping them and stumping on their individual liberties is probably unconstitutional!

If someone wants to be gay...Lets not stop them!
If someone wants to be the other gender and dress as such. Lets not stop them!
If they want to smoke pot! That is their personal liberty speaking...
Hell, if someone wants to go through life as a dragon that hisses like a snake in their own homes. Who are you to say no?

I thought most of you are libertarians. Wtf are you doing disagreeing with this?

Imagine how much money went into fighting gay marriage. Its depressing to see the Left invent these distractions and then the Right join in.

I thought most of you are libertarians. Wtf are you doing disagreeing with this?

WTF? I tried to just click on a link, and suddenly I am posting?

Well, if I have to say something, I wish I had more transsexuals in my life. They are rather non-consequential, and also unspecific.

Last edited:
Isn't it a personal liberty to be who you want to be whether you're born a man wanting to be a woman or the other way around. Who are you to say as a conservative that individuals can't do so and use the government to stop them? Doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

Now stopping them and stumping on their individual liberties is probably unconstitutional!

Hell, if someone wants to go through life as a dragon that hisses like a snake in their own homes. Who are you to say no?

We draw the line where these freaks believe they are entitled to use whatever restroom they choose. There is no right to do that.

They can be whatever they want. Just don't demand everyone else go along with the delusiom.

They deserve just as much legal protection as everyone else. That is part of the personal liberty as one shouldn't be able to abuse another.

Surely, forcing someone else to play along with that which he can clearly see to be untrue, insane, and/or evil, is an abuse of that person, is it not?

And surely, any rational concept of “personal liberty” must include the freedom to not have anything to do with that which one can see to be untrue, insane, or evil.

We draw the line where these freaks believe they are entitled to use whatever restroom they choose. There is no right to do that.
Who told you that?

They can be whatever they want. Just don't demand everyone else go along with the delusiom.

They deserve just as much legal protection as everyone else. That is part of the personal liberty as one shouldn't be able to abuse another.

Surely, forcing someone else to play along with that which he can clearly see to be untrue, insane, and/or evil, is an abuse of that person, is it not?
And surely, any rational concept of “personal liberty” must include the freedom to not have anything to do with that which one can see to be untrue, insane, or evil.
Youre free to do anything that doesnt infringe upon the rights of others to do what is legal.

What about nudist, do you want to keep using government to stop them from being them?

Yes, but it is also a personal liberty not to accept who you want to be, and to resist being forced to accept it.

I think Monica gave Bill a blow job but if Bill had to spend a night in prison he would become the monica of the cell.

What about nudist, do you want to keep using government to stop them from being them?

PA laws don't cover nudists. Personally, I could care less.

Republicans have been fighting LGBT rights for decades. Now you want to pretend it's all about a very recent issue with restrooms? Where will you move the goalposts when the next "moral crusade" comes up?

With that being said, stop choosing to have something to do with it. What gay person asked for your involvement or opinion? You can't help but force your views on society in the way that you've outlined above. I can't recall a time i ever felt abused as a passer by of a gay person, because I don't care. You care because you choose to, so you invite the so called abuse.

PA laws don't cover nudists. Personally, I could care less.

I thought we were talking about personal liberty here, every argument made to support faghadist marriage would support public nudity. That said PA laws also restrict personal liberty, of course hypocrite matt is all in favor of them.

There is hardly a person who would not prefer to have some physical attribute be different from what birth/nature provided. That is mostly because of socialization and learning that what we have is not good enough. It is not possible to be "born in the wrong body", but it is entirely possible to be miserable because of some false concept of perfection.
Certainly, congenital conditions exist that can be altered for more comfortable living. Ultimately, however, we all must find peace with who and what the universe has produced. Achieving inner peace is much more important than physical conformity to some acquired standard.

Matthew, your mistake is believing that Conservatism is based on Liberty. It's not. Real Conservatism is based on two unalterable concepts which have existed from the beginning of civilization..... Right and Wrong. Nothing more and nothing less.

What libertarians here are disagreeing with any of that?

IDGAF about any of that shit. In fact I have been calling for the legalization of all drugs for years now.

Forum List

Back