ISM Index Falls To Lowest In A Decade

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Manufacturing activity in the U.S. contracted to its lowest level in more than a decade last month even as China and the U.S. showed progress on the trade front.

The Institute for Supply Management said Friday its manufacturing index fell in December to 47.2. That’s its lowest level since June 2009, whet it hit 46.3. Economists polled by Reuters expected a reading of 49 for December. Anything below 50 represents sector contraction.

December also marked the fifth straight month of contraction for the U.S. manufacturing sector.

<snip>

Employment, order backlogs and inventories also dropped last month while prices rose.

Manufacturing economy weakest in a decade as December ISM index comes in at 47.2

Trump has managed to bring manufacturing back to the Great Recession! Good job!

Yep
I definitely am feeling it.
December was our worst December in 5 years. Hell the last quarter just about erased the gains from the 3rd quarter. November wasn't exactly awesome either.

It was doing so good for a while then started going down last year.
Why?

Nine States Face Economic Contraction, Most Since 2009 Crisis

Nine U.S. states’ economies are expected to slide into contraction within six months -- the most since the financial crisis ended more than a decade ago, according to the latest projections from the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.

West Virginia’s economy is forecast to shrink the most, while a decline in neighboring Pennsylvania is anticipated to be the most severe since May 2009 during the tail-end of the Great Recession, figures released this week show. A faltering economic outlook in coming months would likely cast a shadow over President Donald Trump’s re-election bid.

I guess those coal mining jobs aren't coming back as promised...

"Global trade remains the most significant cross-industry issue, but there are signs that several industry sectors will improve as a result of the phase-one trade agreement between the U.S. and China. Among the six big industry sectors, Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products remains the strongest, while Transportation Equipment is the weakest. Overall, sentiment this month is marginally positive regarding near-term growth," says Fiore.

Institute for Supply Management | Established in 1915

Manufacturing activity in the U.S. contracted to its lowest level in more than a decade last month even as China and the U.S. showed progress on the trade front.

The Institute for Supply Management said Friday its manufacturing index fell in December to 47.2. That’s its lowest level since June 2009, whet it hit 46.3. Economists polled by Reuters expected a reading of 49 for December. Anything below 50 represents sector contraction.

December also marked the fifth straight month of contraction for the U.S. manufacturing sector.

<snip>

Employment, order backlogs and inventories also dropped last month while prices rose.

Manufacturing economy weakest in a decade as December ISM index comes in at 47.2

Sorry your glass is half-empty. I'm more of a "half-full" sorta guy, myself...

US manufacturers see higher 2020 sales despite trade cloud

<snip>

High sales and yet still contracting.

So not high enough.

Dumbass.

<snip>

So not high enough.

Dumbass.

Don't worry, little one. It will all be better under President Trump's second term.
:itsok:

<snip>

So not high enough.

Dumbass.

Don't worry, little one. It will all be better under President Trump's second term.
If the economy tanks, there won't be a Trump second term.

Dumbass.

<snip>

So not high enough.

Dumbass.

If the economy tanks, there won't be a Trump second term.

Dumbass.

Well you should be secure in the fact that the economy is up to the policies of the President and his advisors, instead of some idiot posting on an internet discussion board.

You lack faith, idiot internet discussion board poster.

Forum List

Back