Islamophobic Conservative Texan education board

Zander, you posuer wannabee conservative. Son, you haven't a clue, and you jinxed the Dodgers again this year. :lol: Ok, having had my way again with you, why are you screaming about the libs labeling the Tea Party with "tea bagger" when it was those fauxcon phonies of the right (like you) who created the label. Come on, false one, answer it. And, please, stop rooting for my Dodgers. You have jinxed them three years in a row.

Zander, you posuer wannabee conservative. Son, you haven't a clue, and you jinxed the Dodgers again this year. :lol: Ok, having had my way again with you, why are you screaming about the libs labeling the Tea Party with "tea bagger" when it was those fauxcon phonies of the right (like you) who created the label. Come on, false one, answer it. And, please, stop rooting for my Dodgers. You have jinxed them three years in a row.

You are really a head case. :cuckoo: Get help for your self delusions and visions of grandeur. Nobody here is buying your bullshit, except you. Sell crazy somewhere else.

Last edited:
Zander, son, you are selling losing stock.

The Tea Party members created the label "teabagger" then recoiled in horror when the found out what it meant. They cry because the libs have their way with the term, which is fair because if the situation were reversed, you all would be rubbing it in.

Now, phony fauxcon, take your phony fauxcon rage and peddle it elsewhere. :lol:

The Constitution was written centuries ago.

Anyway, dadio, here you go:

Timeline of science and engineering in the Islamic world - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read it for yourself.

Hey skookerasbil! Where is that "No contribution in 700 crap now"?!?

LMAO...........ok asshole.

How about 1285 as the last significant contribution to the world............that is, unless we are to consider Islamic pottery to be a contribution of significance s0n!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Oh.......there was the iron cast rocket in the 18th century, but they were so ass backward, the British took the idea and kicked everybody's ass for the next 100 years or so.

Last edited:
You better thank your stars that in some ways the Islamic world was backwards. It only took the Europeans five friggin centuries before they got Turkey completely out of Eastern Europe around 1900. What silly Euro-centric world do some of you fauxcon reactionaries live in?

lmao............centuries ago s0n................nobody cares!!

The Constitution was written centuries ago.

Anyway, dadio, here you go:

Timeline of science and engineering in the Islamic world - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read it for yourself.

Hey skookerasbil! Where is that "No contribution in 700 crap now"?!?

LMAO...........ok asshole.

How about 1285 as the last significant contribution to the world............that is, unless we are to consider Islamic pottery to be a contribution of significance s0n!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Oh.......there was the iron cast rocket in the 18th century, but they were so ass backward, the British took the idea and kicked everybody's ass for the next 100 years or so.

You stated that "...Islam has not contributed one single thing to the world in the area of science, technology or culture in the last 700 years!!!"

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...tive-texan-education-board-3.html#post2772920

Now you imply that since 1285 Islam has not made a significant contribution to the workd except for poetry. Did you read the web site? I'll make it easy for you to see by copying some of it and pasting it here for you, daddyo.

"In 1960 Ali Javan, a leading Iranian scientist invented the gas laser together with William Bennett. The gas laser laid the foundation for fiber optic communication. It is considered the most useful, practical and profitable type of laser in use today. Laser telecommunication via fiber optics is known to be the key technology used in today's Internet."

"In 2006 the non-glaring headlamp, a headlamp with a continuous long-distance illumination without glaring effects, is invented in Turkey by Prof. Dr. Turhan Alçelik."

"In the first decade of the 21st century, in electrochemistry, Iranian scientist Ali Eftekhari is regarded as a founder of electrochemical nanotechnology particularly for his development of carbon nanotubes, and for developing a method for its mass production."

The word "significant" is a subjective term. You might consider such things as the non-glaring headlamp or the gas laser or electrochemical nanotechnology to be insignificant. I don't. Anyway, I proved you wrong. Islam has made contributions since the 1700's.
Do some homework before you make ignorant claims.

Don't get too discouraged. You can make change happen. Get out and vote in November...

feaf.jpg

I know that Obama swears they invented everything on the planet and are the cradle of civilization but that doesn't make it true.

No he doesn't. President Obama never once said "They (Islam) invented everything on the planet"

He did say:

I also know civilization's debt to Islam. It was Islam - at places like Al-Azhar University - that carried the light of learning through so many centuries, paving the way for Europe's Renaissance and Enlightenment. It was innovation in Muslim communities that developed the order of algebra; our magnetic compass and tools of navigation; our mastery of pens and printing; our understanding of how disease spreads and how it can be healed.
And I consider it part of my responsibility as President of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear.

But that same principle must apply to Muslim perceptions of America. Just as Muslims do not fit a crude stereotype, America is not the crude stereotype of a self-interested empire. The United States has been one of the greatest sources of progress that the world has ever known. We were born out of revolution against an empire. We were founded upon the ideal that all are created equal, and we have shed blood and struggled for centuries to give meaning to those words - within our borders, and around the world. We are shaped by every culture, drawn from every end of the Earth, and dedicated to a simple concept: E pluribus unum: "Out of many, one."

It was a great speach too. I can't post a link to it just yet.......

I know that Obama swears they invented everything on the planet and are the cradle of civilization but that doesn't make it true.

No he doesn't. President Obama never once said "They (Islam) invented everything on the planet"

He did say:

And I consider it part of my responsibility as President of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear.

But that same principle must apply to Muslim perceptions of America. Just as Muslims do not fit a crude stereotype, America is not the crude stereotype of a self-interested empire. The United States has been one of the greatest sources of progress that the world has ever known. We were born out of revolution against an empire. We were founded upon the ideal that all are created equal, and we have shed blood and struggled for centuries to give meaning to those words - within our borders, and around the world. We are shaped by every culture, drawn from every end of the Earth, and dedicated to a simple concept: E pluribus unum: "Out of many, one."

Wouldn’t it be nice if we would look for the good in others instead of so often looking for the bad? How did so many people arrive at this “us versus them” mentality? One can find good and bad in just about every group. It all boils down to petty “bean counting”:

Person A: Ha! Here is a story about an evil Muslim to add to other stories. See? Islam is evil.

Person B: (Yawn) Here is a story about an evil Christian to add to other stories. See? Christianity is evil.

----------------------------

Instead of playing this gave of us-versus-them one-upmanship, can’t we play a game of finding the good qualities in others?

He did say:

I also know civilization's debt to Islam. It was Islam - at places like Al-Azhar University - that carried the light of learning through so many centuries, paving the way for Europe's Renaissance and Enlightenment. It was innovation in Muslim communities that developed the order of algebra; our magnetic compass and tools of navigation; our mastery of pens and printing; our understanding of how disease spreads and how it can be healed.

It was a great speach too. I can't post a link to it just yet.......

Obama said in his Cairo speech:

OBAMA: As a student of history, I also know civilization's debt to Islam. It was Islam at places like Al-Azhar that carried the light of learning through so many centuries, paving the way for Europe's renaissance and enlightenment. It was innovation in Muslim communities that developed the order of algebra, our magnetic compass and tools of navigation, our mastery of pens and printing, our understanding of how disease spreads and how it could be healed. Islamic culture has given us majestic arches and soaring spires, timeless poetry and cherished music, elegant calligraphy, and places of peaceful contemplation -- and throughout history, Islam has demonstrated through words and deeds the possibilities of religious tolerance and racial equality.

Let's break it down: "It was innovation in Muslim communities that developed the order of algebra." No. The origins of algebra trace back to the ancient Babylonians. They were not Muslims. Algebra was temporarily developed by the ancient Greeks and later the English. "Our magnetic compass, tools of navigation," Islam gave us these? No. "Recent research suggests that the compass may have been discovered by Central Americans, but if they didn't do it, the Chinese are then its discoverers. In either case, be it the Chinese or the Central Americans, the compass was discovered centuries before the advent of Islam."

"Our mastery of pens and printing..." Has anybody ever heard of Gutenberg? I didn't know Gutenberg was a Muslim. "Our understanding of how disease spreads and how it can be healed..."? Are there Nobel Prizes for Medicine awarded to Muslims I have missed? "Islamic has given us some majestic arches and soaring spires..." Well, sorry, folks, but arches and spires predate the arrival of Islam by centuries. I mean, come on, folks. Arches? Anybody heard of Rome? He also talked about the great gift, "timeless poetry and cherished music." The only problem there is that music -- and musical instruments especially -- are forbidden in most Islamic traditions. And it should be unnecessary to have to note Islam's "religious tolerance" has been demonstrated.

Thank you Rush Limbaugh. :razz:

Jen, algebra was developed by the Muslim; Rush is wrong. The great Muslim doctors were instrumental in developing procedures for treating disease; Rush is wrong. Islamic culture has great arches and soaring spares and fine music and good instrumentalists; Rush is wrong.

My dear girl, listen to Rush all you want, then go check on his comments. You are going to be disappointed in his shabbiness of scholasticism.

Lots of world history has jack shit to do with Islam. I know that Obama swears they invented everything on the planet and are the cradle of civilization but that doesn't make it true.

This is just another 'let's accuse the conservatives of being racists' whines from a racist.

oh c'mon CG, you don't see anything insidious about this?

As for cradle of civilisation, Obmama should have a caveat to that - the Hanging Gardens of Babylon etc was before Islam even existed...so while the area is known as the cradle of civilisation, it was no thanks to Islam..

Let's break it down: "It was innovation in Muslim communities that developed the order of algebra." No. The origins of algebra trace back to the ancient Babylonians. They were not Muslims. Algebra was temporarily developed by the ancient Greeks and later the English.
Incorrect. Greeks applied algebraic concepts to geometrical problems; Al-Khwarizmi established Algebra as a distinct and independent mathematical disclipine.

Al-Khwarizmi's algebra is regarded as the foundation and cornerstone of the sciences. In a sense, al-Khwarizmi is more entitled to be called "the father of algebra" than Diophantus because al-Khwarizmi is the first to teach algebra in an elementary form and for its own sake, Diophantus is primarily concerned with the theory of numbers. - Solomon Gandz​

"Algebra" = al-jabr, "completion," taken from the title of his work. "Algorithm" was taken from his name.

"Our magnetic compass, tools of navigation,"Islam gave us these? No. "Recent research suggests that the compass may have been discovered by Central Americans, but if they didn't do it, the Chinese are then its discoverers. In either case, be it the Chinese or the Central Americans, the compass was discovered centuries before the advent of Islam."

The reference was likely to the 32-point compass rose and various types of astrolabes.

"Our mastery of pens and printing..." [/COLOR] Has anybody ever heard of Gutenberg? I didn't know Gutenberg was a Muslim.
The reference was obviously to the fountain pen.

"Our understanding of how disease spreads and how it can be healed..."? Are there Nobel Prizes for Medicine awarded to Muslims I have missed?
Red herring. Ibn Sina set forth the concept of contagious disease in his Canon of Medicine, which continued to be an authoritative medical text in the West until a couple of centuries ago.

"Islamic has given us some majestic arches and soaring spires..." Well, sorry, folks, but arches and spires predate the arrival of Islam by centuries. I mean, come on, folks. Arches? Anybody heard of Rome?
Where was it said that Muslims invented arches and spires?

"He also talked about the great gift, "timeless poetry and cherished music." The only problem there is that music -- and musical instruments especially -- are forbidden in most Islamic traditions.
Horrible attempt at an answer.

The clarinet and the oud -- which developed directly into the lute and the guitar -- were of Muslim origin.

Islamic poetry is unparalleled. The poetic contributions of Rumi alone surpass those of most entire civilizations.

"Thank you Rush Limbaugh. :razz:

Oxycontin is one thing that Muslims didn't invent. :thup:

Forum List

Back