Islamist explosions kill 30 Iraqis in Baghdad

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
by WOTN Editor @ Islamist explosions kill 30 Iraqis in Baghdad - War On Terror News

UPDATE: A wave of deadly attacks has shattered the peace in Iraq during the Eid al-Adha holiday.
Officials say nearly 30 people were killed in a series of explosions and shootings on Saturday, many of them Shi'ite pilgrims.

The deadliest attacks happened in Baghdad where an explosion at an open-air market and a bus station killed more than 15 people and wounded dozens more, many of then women and children.

There were no immediate claims of responsibility for the attacks.

Sunni insurgents and al-Qaida terrorists have previously targeted Shi'ites in a bid to stir up sectarian strife in Iraq.

ORIGINAL: A wave of deadly attacks has shattered the peace in Iraq, where Muslims are marking the second day of the Eid al-Adha holiday.

Officials say at least 15 people were killed in a series of explosions and shootings on Saturday, many of them Shi'ite pilgrims marking the holiday.

The violence includes a bombing north of Baghdad that killed at least five Shi'ite pilgrims who were in a minibus that was carrying them to a mosque.

Investigators say another explosion at a popular open-air market near the capital killed at least five people, including several children, while a series of attacks elsewhere in Iraq left at least five others dead.

There were no immediate claims of responsibility for the attacks. Sunni insurgents and al-Qaida terrorists have previously targeted Shi'ites in a bid to stir up sectarian strife in Iraq.

365 people were killed in unrest in September, making it the country's deadliest month in two years.

What nobody in our media is saying is that local Iraqi blogs and media outlets are making unhappy noises at the USA and their government not working out agreements to allow US troops to still be there. They know full well that, when NATO troops pull out of Afghanistan, the country will fall apart. Karzi already has $$$ stowed and a safe place to run to when it happens. :mad:

I'm sorry. Brainwashing a dork into murdering 30 people including himself is unacceptable. Saddam's hell isn't over, and Obama made sure it wasn't by withdrawing troops.

America wasn't planning on craven cowards in Washington for 4 years interested in undoing the work of heroes.

I'm sorry. Brainwashing a dork into murdering 30 people including himself is unacceptable. Saddam's hell isn't over, and Obama made sure it wasn't by withdrawing troops.

America wasn't planning on craven cowards in Washington for 4 years interested in undoing the work of heroes.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree, if we had US Troops in Iraq still this article might read 30 Dead US Marines instead of 30 dead Iraqis, this is what the Iraqis want for themselves, we aren't even there anymore and they are still blowing each other up. Let them have at it.

Forum List

Back