Islamic suicide bomber who killed six CIA officers was trusted CIA informant

Well, all I've got to say is that the CIA certainly got sloppy. In the old school, there is no such thing as a "trusted" informant; only an informant whose information is credible. The old CIA would constantly test this guy to see if he's turned.

Caught this story of Morning JOe. Jim Engle was on and went through the whole thing,. Seems the guy who blew everyone up was a Jordanian doctor who was arrested a while ago. They thought they had turned him to to our side. Apparantly not.

They had sent him to try to infiltrage Al Queda. He called them and said he had vital info to pass. Thats why some top CIA officials were at this meeting. They could all hear the info at once. This Doctor then blew himself and them up.

Al Queda had the last laugh this time.. The CIA shouldn't trust any of these guys. Too bad it cost 7 lives to prove that point.

Indeed...I guarantee you he's been giving up low level and mid level Al Qaeda operatives, with the permission of senior Al Qaeda leadership, to the CIA Predator drone attack teams to develope that "trust". Then when we nail a coulple/three "militants" they touted it like it was due to some ingenious method the CIA developed...all the while they were being sucked into a trap...the CIA has been hamstrung by Obama's new rules....and with the threat of prosecution by our own Justice Department they tread a bit too lightly with this informant, probably afraid they'd get accused of torturing him if they pressed him with a test or two.

Well...I hope you see how devious these Islamic TERRORISTS are...."isolated extremists" my fucking ass!!!!

When all is said and done about this incident it'll probably just turn out that the CIA sloppily let its guard down, resullting in this most tragic of consequences. It's too bad, but those folks have to be ever mindful its a potentially deadly game they play.

Well, all I've got to say is that the CIA certainly got sloppy. In the old school, there is no such thing as a "trusted" informant; only an informant whose information is credible. The old CIA would constantly test this guy to see if he's turned.

Well the old school didn't get sensitivity training from CAIR.

We'll never know for sure but one possible explanation is the bad guys were on to him and gave him the choice of blowing himself up along with the CIA folks, or they'd kill him, his wife and kids, his sibs, parents, etc., etc., etc. They like hardball as a way to keep people in line.

Unless you are aware of all the facts and circumstances of this case, you cannot possibly know whether this guy was 'constantly tested' or not. What a fucking stupid comment.

Why is it that certain people assume that they know shit when they don't know jack shit.

its been in every article & report about the situation. learn2read

Caught this story of Morning JOe. Jim Engle was on and went through the whole thing,. Seems the guy who blew everyone up was a Jordanian doctor who was arrested a while ago. They thought they had turned him to to our side. Apparantly not.

They had sent him to try to infiltrage Al Queda. He called them and said he had vital info to pass. Thats why some top CIA officials were at this meeting. They could all hear the info at once. This Doctor then blew himself and them up.

Al Queda had the last laugh this time.. The CIA shouldn't trust any of these guys. Too bad it cost 7 lives to prove that point.

And that's my point. Seems that the CIA violated a fundamental principle. It isn't about "trust," it's all about verification.

Well the old school didn't get sensitivity training from CAIR.

Complacency kills.

Indeed...I guarantee you he's been giving up low level and mid level Al Qaeda operatives, with the permission of senior Al Qaeda leadership, to the CIA Predator drone attack teams to develope that "trust". Then when we nail a coulple/three "militants" they touted it like it was due to some ingenious method the CIA developed...all the while they were being sucked into a trap...the CIA has been hamstrung by Obama's new rules....and with the threat of prosecution by our own Justice Department they tread a bit too lightly with this informant, probably afraid they'd get accused of torturing him if they pressed him with a test or two.

Well...I hope you see how devious these Islamic TERRORISTS are...."isolated extremists" my fucking ass!!!!

There are other factors, too. First, there's the pressure to come up with the Big Catch, which leads to sloppiness. Second, there's the careerism angle when some suit decides to make a big impression by holding this meeting. Third, there's the assumption that based on previous actions, as you pointed out, that this guy gets to go to the head of the class. Then there's good old fashioned complacency when the primary guy skips the little details because they're too bothersome. Someone developed those bothersome little procedural steps for a reason.

All I'm saying is that the old school agency was much pickier, less trusting and more thorough. I'm surprised that they were suckered.

Then again, sometimes you just need to thin the herd.

Unless you are aware of all the facts and circumstances of this case, you cannot possibly know whether this guy was 'constantly tested' or not. What a fucking stupid comment.

Why is it that certain people assume that they know shit when they don't know jack shit.

It's true that neither you nor I know all the facts. I'm just curious how it is that you get to decide who can post comments on this board and who cannot, or who made you the judge for what is a good or bad comment.

From my perspective, it looks like the CIA violated some basic rules for dealing with informants. How's it look from your vantage point way up there in the clouds?

There are other factors, too. First, there's the pressure to come up with the Big Catch, which leads to sloppiness. Second, there's the careerism angle when some suit decides to make a big impression by holding this meeting. Third, there's the assumption that based on previous actions, as you pointed out, that this guy gets to go to the head of the class. Then there's good old fashioned complacency when the primary guy skips the little details because they're too bothersome. Someone developed those bothersome little procedural steps for a reason.

All I'm saying is that the old school agency was much pickier, less trusting and more thorough. I'm surprised that they were suckered.

Then again, sometimes you just need to thin the herd.

Good points indeed...I've worked for Uncle Sam for nearly 30 years...20 of it active duty Navy. I know exactly what your talking about. The bolded sentence above in your post was their undoing and resulted in their untimely deaths...I guaranttee it!!!!!! That's how the turncoat gained access to the Khost station chief and her staff. He made them an offer they were very excited about....possibly Mullah Omar, Zawahiri or Bin Laden.

religion aside: classic double-agent action. RIP.
Yeah , put aside any religious aspect to it.
Your a funny guy.

you dont have to be muslim to be a double agent. a relationship with a doudl-agent terrorist is just as precarious as marrying someone who was having an extramarital affair with you.

you're obsessed with islam, and thats fine, but if these were chinese, brazillian, russian... you name it double agents, there would be similarly appreciable risk.

i dont think that shit's funny at all.

religion aside: classic double-agent action. RIP.
Yeah , put aside any religious aspect to it.
Your a funny guy.

you dont have to be muslim to be a double agent. a relationship with a doudl-agent terrorist is just as precarious as marrying someone who was having an extramarital affair with you.

you're obsessed with islam, and thats fine, but if these were chinese, brazillian, russian... you name it double agents, there would be similarly appreciable risk.

i dont think that shit's funny at all.

Who the fuck is laughing? The only reason why we are where we are today is one single thing...radical Islamic terrorists....so ya.....religion is relevant to the discussion and anyone who dismisses it is indeed naive.

Forum List

Back