Islamic schools can get away with this?

Bullypulpit said:
The idea that all other religions are are false religions, is implicit in the religious beliefs Dubbyuh claims to adhere to. It also runs rampant through the fundamentalist Christian "base" that throws its weight behind Dubbyuh. But no one says anything about them.

Somehow someway, bully manages to blame this on Bush. :lame2:

acludem said:
I agree dillo, most religions would tell you that they are the true "believers" in God. Making that statement does not necessarily mean you then support killing members of other faiths. The point I made earlier in the thread about Christian schools, I can back up by citing a case from Southwest Missouri where a minister was running a private fundamentalist Christian (or that's what he called it, I think most Christians I know would fine much of what he taught to be out of harmony with there own beliefs) who was teaching students that America was controlled by Jews and that Jews were doing the devil's work and were out to exterminate Christians. There are clearly extremes in every religion, that does not mean we should paint everyone with the same brush.

This school is a PRIVATE Islamic school, so what they do is up to the parents of the children who attend. There is a small, private Islamic school in my community, I know the man who runs it and he would never teach his students that all other faiths are wrong.

acludem

Most believers are also TOLERANT of other religions. I remember being taught that our God is the one true God, but that Hindu's, Muslims, and Jews faith are just as important as ours. Never was it taught that all other religions are the WRONG religion. Furthermore it was never taught that all non-believers must become believers at all costs as the Kuran states.

musicman said:
Thank you, Dr. Bullypulpit. Obviously, you have numerous degrees in psychiatry, psychology, and pathology - in addition to the many hours you've personally spent treating President Bush. Otherwise, you wouldn't say these things - no ethical medical professional would.

Applied psychoanalysis is used by intel and law enforcement agencies around the world to profile persons of interest. And an ethical professional has profiled Dubbyuh in a recent book entitled "<i>Bush on the Couch</i>". The authors conclusions only cofirmed my observations over Dubbyuh's term in office.

Bullypulpit said:
Applied psychoanalysis is used by intel and law enforcement agencies around the world to profile persons of interest. And an ethical professional has profiled Dubbyuh in a recent book entitled "<i>Bush on the Couch</i>". The authors conclusions only cofirmed my observations over Dubbyuh's term in office.
:bs1:

Please do tell what are the authors conclusions!

Also what are the authors motivation for writing their book, political ambition?

Politics and psychoanalysis have only one thing in common they both start with a "p" .

I agree that the concept of "everyone else is wrong" does provide the foundation for actions of hate; however, I don't see the direct correlation. In my experience, you can basically slate up all religious people into two groups (remember, this is a generalization). First, we're right, and everyone else is wrong. Second, it doesn't matter what you believe, as long as you believe something. Each group's idea opposes the idea of the other group, but most tend to practice tolerance, as was mentioned before. ie, even though you are from a school of thought different from my own, it's cool - I respect you and your belief. Now, translating the idea of "we're right, everyone else is wrong" into the idea of "not only are they wrong, but they are inherently evil and must be destroyed" is the radical problem we are dealing with. I don't find anything wrong with the afformentioned muslim school text.

-Douglas

Shazbot said:
I agree that the concept of "everyone else is wrong" does provide the foundation for actions of hate; however, I don't see the direct correlation. In my experience, you can basically slate up all religious people into two groups (remember, this is a generalization). First, we're right, and everyone else is wrong. Second, it doesn't matter what you believe, as long as you believe something. Each group's idea opposes the idea of the other group, but most tend to practice tolerance, as was mentioned before. ie, even though you are from a school of thought different from my own, it's cool - I respect you and your belief. Now, translating the idea of "we're right, everyone else is wrong" into the idea of "not only are they wrong, but they are inherently evil and must be destroyed" is the radical problem we are dealing with. I don't find anything wrong with the afformentioned muslim school text.

-Douglas

Douglas, you see nothing wrong???? with a TE that says:

"All religions other than Islam are false religions." Right below that is a note to teachers, telling them to explain to the children specifically that the religion "of the Jews and Christians" are "false religions".

Gee, if my Catholic religion book said something like that about any other religions, I'd have a major problem with it!

If that is their doctrinal stance, so let it be. I think it's kind of sad that the emphasis is placed on saying that other religions are false, instead of saying that theirs is the one correct religion, but...what are ya gonna do? This is really not the problem. As I just stated, the problem lies when that concept gets translated into "get rid of all false religions." Tolerance is the key here. I myself hold the belief that the religion to which I pertain is the only true and complete one on the earth. That does not make me better than anyone else, though. Nor does that mean I want to kill all non-believers. See what I mean?

-Douglas

Bullypulpit said:

That particular "author" is precisely the unethical weasel I was referencing.

Forum List

Back