Islamic militants creating "terror" in Iraq

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
And how many peace loving Islamic leaders are still operating in Iraq? I can't think of a single country that hasn't reported Muslim terrorist activity in recent years.

US forces capture senior Ansar al-Islam leader: defense official
Tue Oct 14, 7:29 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AFP) - US forces have captured a suspected top leader of Ansar al-Islam in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul in a significant blow to a militant Islamic group believed to be plotting attacks in Iraq, a US defense official said.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20031014/pl_afp/iraq_us_detain_031014232902

>> I can't think of a single country that hasn't reported Muslim terrorist activity in recent years.<<
Iraq, before we invaded them :

>>"How many Iraqis were involved in terror attacks against U.S. targets, or in terror attacks around the world, before 2003?" asked political science professor Saad Jawad, from Baghdad University. "Was Iraq a terror base before the invasion? Look at it now." No supporter of Saddam, Jawad said the deposed dictator had stamped hard on any suspected Islamist militants. "The U.S.-UK invasion opened our doors wide for anyone to enter Iraq." <<

Originally posted by dijetlo
>> I can't think of a single country that hasn't reported Muslim terrorist activity in recent years.<<
Iraq, before we invaded them :

>>"How many Iraqis were involved in terror attacks against U.S. targets, or in terror attacks around the world, before 2003?" asked political science professor Saad Jawad, from Baghdad University. "Was Iraq a terror base before the invasion? Look at it now." No supporter of Saddam, Jawad said the deposed dictator had stamped hard on any suspected Islamist militants. "The U.S.-UK invasion opened our doors wide for anyone to enter Iraq." <<

I'm confused about what you are trying to say here. That there were no terrorists inside Iraq before the USA invasion? That there were no Muslim terrorists in Iraq prior?

My post wasn't specifically meant to be about Iraq, but about how widespread the Muslim terror rings operate. I'm sure there are more terrorists in Iraq now, and plenty of them Muslim. Just because they increased for a "cause" doesn't make them more acceptable.

Originally posted by jimnyc
And how many peace loving Islamic leaders are still operating in Iraq? I can't think of a single country that hasn't reported Muslim terrorist activity in recent years.

I posted as a reply to the "Muslim terrorist activity in recent years" part. In fact Iraq could have been used as an example of that prior to the war. While I thought it was pithy it isn't very constructive, so I'll do pennance and address the first half of your original post.
Prefer peace to war; almost all of them. There are lots and lots of Mullahs (every neighborhood has a mosque, most mosques have several Mullahs, do the math.) The only ones who get airtime are the ones who demand biblical revenge on the US for its' occupation of Iraq. If you consider them as one extreme there should be a roughly equal number on the other end calling for peace and tolerance (there probably are, we just don't hear about them, as our leader, Jon Stewart, once said; "who wants to see a truck not on fire?).

Forum List

Back