Islamic law adopted in Britain

Hey! You piece of pavement pizza! Firstly, as I'm sure you really know I ain't a female. Secondly, I would never, ever consider insulting or demeaning your service as a US Marine (although I'll not hesitate to insult you personally), so kindly don't fuckingwell attempt to demean my service as a Royal Marine!!!!

As for the rest of your post, what the fuck does it have to do with the op or courts of arbitration????

As I said before, youy're no better than that arsehole collins.

Bootneck, your posts are informative and interesting. You are clearly smarter than the average bear. It never crossed my mind that you might be a woman but all the same, you are articulate and don't suffer fools gladly so I if you were a woman, I would be very proud to have you as a member of my sex

Soggs, I'm just as rabidly anti clerical as you, but I can see no reason how allowing alternate arbitration interferes with seperation of church and state. No one is obliged to use the Jewish or Muslim arbitrators. The only thing that doesn't seem fair to me is that only Jews or Muslims can use them. I can't see why a non Jew or non Muslim would want to use them but everyone should be allowed the option.

WE have a common law that applies to each of us equally. When we start making amends for specific groups then this common law cannot be equally enforced. Obligated or not, it should not even be an option. You hit on it yourself, what are non-dogma junkies to think about a state concession of an establishment of religious criteria? an atheists make shit up now too? Can pastafarianism balance out the influence of other dogmas?

WE have a common law that applies to each of us equally. When we start making amends for specific groups then this common law cannot be equally enforced. Obligated or not, it should not even be an option. You hit on it yourself, what are non-dogma junkies to think about a state concession of an establishment of religious criteria? an atheists make shit up now too? Can pastafarianism balance out the influence of other dogmas?

seriously--is the law of the land going to yield to any little sub culture who has their own little system of justice ?

Bootneck, your posts are informative and interesting. You are clearly smarter than the average bear. It never crossed my mind that you might be a woman but all the same, you are articulate and don't suffer fools gladly so I if you were a woman, I would be very proud to have you as a member of my sex

Check the avatar Anguille - RM Commando. Nick "Bootneck" (Brit slang for RM Commando). A bloke I went through recruit training with had a father who was a former RM Commando, very nice man and as tough as a bag of nails.

In the English example that's the subject of the thread the point has been made that this tribunal is an arbitration tribunal, making use of the secular law concerning the use of arbitration tribunals to sort out private disputes. That's all it is, nothing more than that.

so should I be able to use the hippie tribunal? The Metalhead tribunal? Im not interested in rationalization. Im interested in the common application of law. But, since this is happening in England I really dont care.

so should I be able to use the hippie tribunal? The Metalhead tribunal? Im not interested in rationalization. Im interested in the common application of law. But, since this is happening in England I really dont care.

Then relax, the main thing is that the Chicken Littles calm down because Britain is not allowing Sharia to be part of its secular legal system.

Then relax, the main thing is that the Chicken Littles calm down because Britain is not allowing Sharia to be part of its secular legal system.

They cant calm down... they have been so deeply brainwashed.. that they will fall for any muslim hating stories.

BUSHTEAM did a good job on these extremely gullibile jesus freaks.

They cant calm down... they have been so deeply brainwashed.. that they will fall for any muslim hating stories.

rotflmao.gif

You probably need to stick a around and read a few more threads before assuming that anyone who is against the application of a religious dogma into legal precedence is merely against muslims. If you think IM a bush fan then it speaks to your own laughable ignorance.

I think that is something these paranoid people are overlooking. This is not about making laws, it is about arbitrating civil disputes. The courts are costly to maintain and this type of alternative arbitration will save money for the taxpayers. It even provides religious organizations with an opportunity to actually do something useful for the community. No one is forced to use these kinds of arbitration if they don't want to. As was pointed out earlier in the the thread, the same type of procedure has been available to British Jews for 30 years or so and has not been shown to be a problem.

I think that is something these paranoid people are overlooking. This is not about making laws, it is about arbitrating civil disputes. The courts are costly to maintain and this type of alternative arbitration will save money for the taxpayers. It even provides religious organizations with an opportunity to actually do something useful for the community. No one is forced to use these kinds of arbitration if they don't want to. As was pointed out earlier in the the thread, the same type of procedure has been available to British Jews for 30 years or so and has not been shown to be a problem.

arbitrating civil disputes as observed by legal precedence. If you want to privately take your conflicting party to church and hash it out then so be it. Having the GOV validate this process is over the line. We should have a common application of legal precedence and stop pretending that any sample of the population gets special consideration. Saving money at the cost of the first amendment? sorry. Religious organizations can do good for the community without the gov RESPECTING THEIR ESTABLISHMENT. And, thankfully, this is a British problem and not one that has festered here. I don't approve of any dogma based affiliation with our laws be they muslim, jewish, christian or buddhist.

Forum List

Back