Islamic Jihad: Any deaths will mean an end to the truce

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
GAZA,(PIC)-- Islamic Jihad held the Israeli occupation authorities responsible for the lives of prisoners on hunger strike in its prisons, warning that any deaths between the strikers will mean an end to the Truce.

The movement called, in a statement read by Sheikh Khader Habib during a press conference on Monday, on the international community to act for the release of Bilal Dhiab and Thaer Halahleh to guarantee the truce's continuity, "any truce that does not protect our fighters has no meaning" he said.

AL-KHALIL, (PIC)-- Lawyer Jawad Boulus, of the Palestinian Prisoners Society, said on Tuesday afternoon that the Israeli authorities have moved Bilal Dhiab, 27, from the Ramla prison hospital to Assaf Harofeh Hospital near the settlement of Rishon LeZion after serious deterioration in his health sending him into a coma.

Dhiab, who hails from the village of Kafr Rai in the Jenin district, has been on hunger strike for 66 days to protest his administrative detention without charge or trial.

Captive Bilal Dhiab slips into a coma

GAZA,(PIC)-- Islamic Jihad held the Israeli occupation authorities responsible for the lives of prisoners on hunger strike in its prisons, warning that any deaths between the strikers will mean an end to the Truce.

The movement called, in a statement read by Sheikh Khader Habib during a press conference on Monday, on the international community to act for the release of Bilal Dhiab and Thaer Halahleh to guarantee the truce's continuity, "any truce that does not protect our fighters has no meaning" he said.

Good Point.

Islamic Jihad held the Israeli occupation authorities responsible for the lives of prisoners on hunger strike in its prisons, warning that any deaths between the strikers will mean an end to the Truce.

Shouldn't "Islamic Jihad" be familiar with Islam and that Muslims are occupying Jewish Israel, according to Islamic tradition? :bow3:

Muslim Commentator Burak Bekdil, Hurriyet [Turkey]
Hardly a day passes in the Islamic world (or in the western intellectual world) without people standing up against and decrying the occupation of “al-Quds” (otherwise known as Jerusalem). In this column I have often argued otherwise: A counter-occupation is no occupation.

Now, dear Islamists, I have a “witness” whom I guess you could hardly refute. Forget my words and listen to what Turkey’s top Muslim cleric, Professor Mehmet Görmez, had to say just last week: “After the Prophet Omar conquered al-Quds he was invited to pray at a church (since there were no mosques in Jerusalem). But he politely refused because he was worried that the (conquering) Muslims could turn the church into a mosque after he prayed there.”

Now, read that line once again, or a thousand times if you wish to: “After the Prophet Omar conquered al-Quds…” And think about why there were no mosques in Jerusalem at the time of the conquest. Still no clue? Allow me to explain: Because Jerusalem was not a Muslim city. And now you claim it back because it is under “Jewish occupation!”

The refusal to pray at the church was very noble of the Prophet Omar. I personally do not expect you, dear Islamists, to behave as virtuously and gallantly as the prophet, but at least you can do something easier: Stop fighting for a city that belonged to other faiths before your ancestors conquered it. And please recall my witness when you flood my inbox with more hate-mail tomorrow. Or is Professor Görmez, too, an infidel like me
BURAK BEKD

Last edited:

Forum List

Back