'islamic Hate' Eyed In Slays

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
'ISLAMIC HATE' EYED IN SLAYS

Yet another story that proves that Islam is the religion of PEACE! :rolleyes:

January 16, 2005

The father of a murdered New Jersey family was threatened for making anti-Muslim remarks online — and the gruesome quadruple slaying may have been the hateful retaliation, sources told The Post yesterday.

Hossam Armanious, 47, who along with his wife and two daughters was found stabbed to death in his Jersey City home early Friday, would regularly debate religion in a Middle Eastern chat room, one source said.

Armanious, an Egyptian Christian, was well known for expressing his Coptic beliefs and engaging in fiery back-and-forth with Muslims on the Web site paltalk.com.

He "had the reputation for being one of the most outspoken Egyptian Christians," said the source, who had close ties to the family.

The source, who had knowledge of the investigation, refused to specify the anti-Muslim statement. But he said cops told him they were looking into the exchanges as a possible motive.

The married father of two had recently been threatened by Muslim members of the Web site, said a fellow Copt and store clerk who uses the chat room.

"You'd better stop this bull---- or we are going to track you down like a chicken and kill you," was the threat, said the clerk, who was online at the time and saw the exchange.

But Armanious refused to back down, according to two sources who use the Web site.

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy would neither confirm nor deny that cops and prosecutors were looking into the religion motive, saying only that "nothing is being ruled out." But a relative of the mayor who answered the phone at Healy's home said there was information the murders were "religion-related."

"There are several theories we are looking into, but we are not commenting on any of them at this time," said Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Guy Gregory.

Armanious' fervor apparently rubbed off on his daughter, Sylvia — who would have turned 16 yesterday.

"She was very religious and very opinionated," said Jessica Cimino, 15, a fellow sophomore at Dickenson HS.

A family member who viewed photos of the bloodbath said Sylvia seemed to have taken the most savage punishment.

"When we saw the pictures, you could tell that they were hurt really, really bad in the face; especially Sylvia," said Milad Garas, the high-school sophomore's great-uncle.

The heartless killer not only slit Sylvia's throat, but also sliced a huge gash in her chest and stabbed her in the wrist, where she had a tattoo of a Coptic cross.

Also found murdered were the wife, Amal Garas, and the parents' other daughter, Monica.

Fred Ayed, the deacon at St. George and St. Shenouda Church, where the deeply religious family attended services, said he's worried that the murders could have a ripple effect.

"I am concerned for the safety of our community," said Ayed, who knew Hossam for 30 years. "People are scared because one family was slain like cows," said Moheb Ghabour, publisher of a local newspaper for the Coptic community.

Osama Hassan, director of the Islamic Center of Jersey City, described the relationship between Copts and Muslims as cooperative if not friendly.

"I think there might be people that can get into physical fights, but not to the point of murder," Hassan said.

Both the deacon and uncle poured cold water on the theory that the family were the victims of a robbery gone wrong.

"This is not a robbery, Ayed said. "We found all of the jewelry in the house. They didn't take anything."

The FBI confirmed it has been called in to help with the case.

Additional reporting by Heather Gilmore

Oh yes. This reminds me. To anyone I may have pissed off on here: I'm sorry. :)

I guess Muslims killing those that do not follow there beliefs is becoming so common that it no longer offends anybody. That is a scary thought.

The Islamics are responding to this, at the end, what does 'very few' consist of?:

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php...FeXk2NjQwNDk2JnlyaXJ5N2Y3MTdmN3ZxZWVFRXl5Mg==

Islamic leaders said Saturday that the murders could not have been the work of someone inspired by the Quran.

"We are not a bloody people," said Ahmed Shedeed, director of the Islamic Center of Jersey City. "This is not from the Quran. This is not from Islam at all."

Shedeed, who is Egyptian, said his group recently co-founded a social service organization with local Coptic churches, called Egyptian Family.

"We are trying to get religious leaders from both communities to meet on a monthly basis to break the ice between the people," he said. "We meet as individuals, but as organizations we never have done such a thing. We are trying to show that Egyptians together can benefit."

Shedeed said that as part of that effort, he attended Christmas Eve services at St. George's this year.

Asked about passages in the Quran that may suggest murdering non-believers in a manner that resembles the family's deaths, he replied, "The Quran talks about people fighting in the battle of war. It's not talking about people who live next to you. ... This has nothing to do with our community at all."

"The Quran stands very firmly against taking human life," said noted Islamic author Zayn Kassam, chairwoman of the religious studies department of Pomona College in California. "If someone read a verse and used it to justify the killing of four people, I believe that person is unbalanced. ... There are very few Muslims who would support this sort of thing."​

Kathianne said:
The Islamics are responding to this, at the end, what does 'very few' consist of?[/LEFT]

Well, considering Islam claims a following of say, roughly 4 billion, a few might just mean a minimum of 3%? If that is the case, that is still 120 million....

See, Islam is the only religion I can think of that does this. Christianity? What militant priests have gone on the internet and advocated the murder of non-Christians? How many Christian groups are out there who seek to purge the world of non-believers by way of violence? How many Jews routinely blow themselves up because they feel that if they can kill only a few non-Jews their pathetic life was worth something? Where are the Hindus who savagely cut the heads of non-Hindus? Where are the Buddists who capture Taoists and cut their heads off in the name of Buddha?

Yes, there are some militant Jewish groups in Isreal, and the Catholic IRA. But those are only in Islreal and Ireland respectively. Nowhere in America will you see Catholics going on a counter-reformation spree to kill all the protestants they find. Nor in Asia, or Africa, or anywhere else.

But Islam, oh Islam, the religion of peace! Routinely do muslims commit atrocities in the name of Allah. If it were only in the middle east, I would say simply that people got very depressed living such a decrepit region, the veritable asshole of the world, and turned to religion to vent their jealous rage against the people with indoor plumbling.

But it's not just the middle east. We are seeing it after the tsunami, with Indonesias militant muslims. We can see it in Europe, with the murder of filmaker Theo van Gogh. We see it in Russia with the murder of schoolchildren by Chechen rebels. We can even see American Islamic clerics preaching hatred against their own country.

Islam is most definatly not a religion of peace. It is a religion of violence, of spreading the faith by force, not reason. And all the "aid packages" in the world will do nothing to assuage that fact.

FBI profilers, who have made a science of the "signature" behavior of serial and mass murderers, can determine a lot by the condition of the bodies. They would find the fact that Sylvia's murder was particularly savage - and exhibited "personal" touches - very telling.

musicman said:
FBI profilers, who have made a science of the "signature" behavior of serial and mass murderers, can determine a lot by the condition of the bodies. They would find the fact that Sylvia's murder was particularly savage - and exhibited "personal" touches - very telling.

Could it just have been because she was a woman and very outspoken?

freeandfun1 said:
Could it just have been because she was a woman and very outspoken?

Sure. And while that doesn't, in and of itself, point to Moslems, they do like their women to walk some steps behind. Also, it could have been ultimate revenge on the father.

Imagine for a moment, the media blitz that would occur around this story:

MARILYN MANSON BRUTALLY SLAYED BY BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIAN

disassociated press- Fans mourned today outside the home of goth-rocker, Marilyn Manson. Manson, who often delighted and disgusted with his anti-Christian, anti-establishment, violent songs was found yesterday, murdered in his home.

The man responsible, 35 year old, John Smith, a school teacher from Wisconsin. He was apprehended by the police, who found him sitting quietly beside Manson's mutilated corpse, reading the Bible. Smith told police that Manson's music was the cause of so much pain and sufferring, that it inspired people to turn away from God, and that God, Himself, had ordered him to murder Manson. Speculations have already begun around whether or not Smith with try to use the insanity defense in court.

I believe that the press would go absolutely berserk over a story like this...it would be on every channel. Other Christians would have to answer for why this man thought that God told him to kill. His church would be investigated to find out if their teachings supported this kind of behavior. The Far Left Wing would come out to laugh about Christians being the "loving, forgiving" people.

We aren't even seeing a whisper of this surrounding these cases.

Even when the Muslim involved slays an artist, Van Gogh, for expressing his artistic images. Van Gogh was found with a blade through his heart and pages from the Koran on his corpse (if I'm not mistaken). His crime? Art work and discussion about how the Islamic faith oppresses women.

And now this example...someone brutally butchered for sharing opinions in an online chat room....

Wheres the media speculation on this? Where are the stories about these types of murders? If we can devote time to Matthew Shepard (brutally murdered by Christians for being gay), Laci Peterson and her son (brutally murdered by Scott Peterson), and Nicole Brown Simpson....surely we can devote just a bit of time to the fact that some Muslim fundamentalists seem to be offing people who have the nerve to say something they don't like.

p.s. I happen to like some of Marilyn Manson's music very much and hope sincerely, that nothing at all happens to him...it was just an example. :)

Gem said:
If we can devote time to Matthew Shepard (brutally murdered by Christians for being gay)

Great analysis and right on the mark. However, I have to take exception with the above statement. The guys that killed Matthew Sheppard were not what I would call Christians. They may have been BORN into the faith, but they were not practicing their faith. The big difference is that the Muslims that are committing these acts are very devout in their faith and they are doing their crimes as they believe that is what they are supposed to do. Not because some gay guy supposedly hit on them (actually it has been proved that the entire story around the Sheppard case was made up - even Newsweek, that broke the story, admitted that the homosexuality of Sheppard had nothing to do with the crime. It was a drug induced murder).

The guys that murdered Matthew Sheppard were not doing so while quoting versus from the Bible or yelling "God is Great". Religion had no role in their actions.

Gem said:
Wheres the media speculation on this? Where are the stories about these types of murders? If we can devote time to Matthew Shepard (brutally murdered by Christians for being gay), Laci Peterson and her son (brutally murdered by Scott Peterson), and Nicole Brown Simpson....surely we can devote just a bit of time to the fact that some Muslim fundamentalists seem to be offing people who have the nerve to say something they don't like.

I would guess it's because Arab Muslims hacking people apart in the name of Allah is so common these days it only borders on newsworthiness.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/wabc_011705_murderedfamilynoon.html

Some believe this Coptic Christian family was the victim of a hate crime.

The FBI is investigating this matter--the Agency says it's not unusal to get involved in a case where four people are murdered.

But ABC News has learned that a cousin of the slain family has been a translator working for the prosecution in the trial of Lynne Stewart. She is the radical lawyer accused of smuggling messages from imprisoned Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, to terrorist cell members and associates.

The police have not ruled out any possible motive. The Coptic community has even offered a $500,000 reward for any information leading to the people responsible for this brutal crime.

"Some believe this Coptic Christian family was the victim of a hate crime".

OK - I'm confused.

musicman said:
"Some believe this Coptic Christian family was the victim of a hate crime".

OK - I'm confused.

Good morning my friend. I do believe that is a reference to the MSM belief system that they must be 'very careful' in alleged accusations against Muslims of hate crimes, as opposed to those alleged perpetrated by 'whites' against minorities.

Clear now?

I didn't want to rush to judgement, but, yes - I believe it is becoming clear. That it might possibly have been commited by whites, then, justifies the designation, "hate crime". The mere act of slashing a family to ribbons over their religious beliefs is far too mundane to merit that special place in infamy.

And a hearty "good morning" to you, as well!

Forum List

Back